Amtrak Cascades And/or Bnsf Gevos In The Pacific Nw

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by RailfanReaper, May 13, 2020.

1. RailfanReaper

RailfanReaper Member

I would love to see the beautiful state of Washington recreated in TSW eventually. The challenges presented by crossing the Cascades or coasting down the coast (pun intended) of the Puget Sound in an Amtrak Cascades SC-44 Charger. I've lived here for 13 years and have grown real fond of the area surrounding my hometown of Everett, north of Seattle. Maybe a route from Everett down to Tukwila would be nice. As long as we get Seattle and Amtrak Cascades.
    Rolling stock preferred would be (obviously) the Amtrak Cascades Talgo set with an F59PHI, SC-44, and maybe an original Talgo cab car if possible. For freight, I would like to see BNSF ES44ACs and/or Dash 9s, although the Dash 9s are relatively outdated. If possible, SD70ACes or SD70MACs would be neat to see in the route. If we only get smaller road switchers for places like Delta Yard along the Snohomish River, near the Everett Station, I would prefer maybe an SD40-2 or a GP60 in both Burlington Northern and BNSF liveries.
    In terms of freight, maybe the Boeing Plant could be included with that roughly 5% grade up to the assembly plant. With that would come oversized aircraft part containers (like gigantic intermodal containers) and those weird brown cars that are super tall. No fuselage cars, though, because only 737s are carried on those, and 737s are assembled way down in Renton, east of Seattle.
    For normal freight, coal is pretty common for mainline use. Autoracks, hoppers, and oil tankers would be great for sitting around yards. Oh, and a BN caboose would be cool to stick on the end of a Boeing local. I'm not quite sure why BNSF still uses it on Boeing locals, but it does. I believe it's stored in Delta Yard when not in use.

P.S. I am not saying, "I want all of these or else I'm not buying it!" I'm just giving detail on what the normal rolling stock is here. Oh, and maybe leaving the GP38-2 out would be nice for once, considering it's used so much.

• Like Like x 4
  2. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

I feel like a lot of people here want these trains to be included in TSW, me included! We’ve wanted these for years, even if DTG kept neglecting our requests:(

However I know one day we will get these trains in the game, even if made by a third party:)

• Like Like x 2
  3. RailfanReaper

RailfanReaper Member

If they even allow third party developers...

• Like Like x 2
  4. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

I would buy this. The Boeing cars are awesome. I would suggest the following locos: BNSF ES44(AC, DC, C4), SD70ACe, SD70MAC, ET44C4, SD75M/I, or C44-9W for heavy freight, Amtrak Cascades SC44 Charger (or a Genesis P42DC) for passenger services, and BNSF GP60, SD40-2, SW1500, or Genset Switcher for yard and local duties.

• Like Like x 3
  5. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

BNSF will never happen as they don't want to give license to their properties

• Like Like x 1
  6. MetrolinkF125#916

Yea that’s the problem, and the reason, why there’s no BNSF routes in TSW, they can’t get licensing outside the US. I would like a third party to make it as a branded an unbranded version (branded: US customers, unbranded: customers outside USA).

• Like Like x 2
  7. MetrolinkF125#916

Wait, have u heard the latest news? It may not be created by DTG themselves, but by someone else (u), if u know what I mean,;).

I’m still hyped for this announcement if I’m kinda acting like this, so excited!

• Like Like x 1