Train Sim World 2

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by maxipolo12, Jun 9, 2020.

1. maxipolo12

maxipolo12 Well-Known Member

6 August

The evolution of train simulation! Master iconic locomotives on high-speed services, long freight hauls or precise commuter traffic, and get creative with customisation tools in this advanced sequel. Climb into the cab in Train Sim World 2.

Authentically Replicated
    Drive high-speed inter-city German rail for the first time as you push the throttle and climb speeds in the famous DB ICE 3M out of Köln. Take on the challenge of hauling long freight across Sand Patch Grade including the Cumberland Terminal using the raw power of the CSX AC4400CW. Master the patterns and stations of the world-famous London Underground on the Bakerloo Line.
    All official licences, all authentically recreated – you're in the cab and in control.

Get Creative
    Personalise Train Sim World 2 locos with the exclusive new Livery Designer - Create your own custom liveries with an easy to use in-game tool that allows you to craft both simple and complex designs to bring your Train Sim World 2 loco liveries to life.
    Customise how you play with the Scenario Planner - Create your own scenario. Customise locos and destinations, then jump in and get driving. Quick drive, your way.

Experience A New Level Of Realism
    The proprietary SimuGraph® vehicle dynamics engine has evolved – adding realistic adhesion physics for the first time. Feel the wheelslip and wheelslide in adverse weather and the added challenge of control on steep inclines. Optimised and upgraded visual fidelity also gives Train Sim World 2 dynamic skies and 4K support.

Immerse Yourself In Simulation
    Get clearer information on instructions, gradient and speed profiles as you drive, including new HUD displays, clarity to the onboard safety systems, brake controls, power meter and accelerometer. A new controller scheme will give great choices on Camera and Driving modes and allows easier access from external camera mode to enter another vehicle in your consist, all while full physics and simulation are still running.

Preserved Collection
    Your collection comes with you. Train Sim World has always been about your collection, your choice of Add-Ons from your favourite region, time period, diesel, electric, passenger, freight – your way.
    Your purchased Train Sim World 2020 Add-Ons will be available to play in Train Sim World 2.

Track And Share Your Progress
    With Dovetail Live you can track your progress and stats with online Driver Logbook and Debriefs, reviewing your performance and sharing and comparing with friends. The Mastery system offers in-game rewards for your achievements and Railfan Shots give you the control to upload your screenshots to a personal gallery to share.

Key Features
    • Explore famous routes with unique challenges:
      • Bakerloo Line – First opened in 1906 Bakerloo is one of the oldest lines on the London Underground. Master the modern-day complexity of rush hour in the British capital.
      • Köln Schnellfahrstrecke – Step into the renowned DB BR 406 ICE 3M and drive passengers at speeds up to 250km/h as you race between Köln and Aachen on this German inter-city line.
      • Sand Patch Grade – Enjoy epic power with the CSX AC4400CW. Haul freight across the Allegheny Mountains, battling adhesion on one of the steepest grades in the United States.
    • Train Sim World 2 features iconic locomotives to master. The classic 1972 Mark 2 Stock on the Bakerloo Line, modern fast commuters with DB BR 406 ICE 3M and DB BR 442 ‘Talent 2’ and powerful hauliers with the AC4400CW, GP38-2 and SD40-2.
    • Livery Designer – Get creative and add a personal touch to your Train Sim World 2 locos with this easy to use tool that allows custom liveries.
    • Scenario Planner – Drive what you want, where you want, as you plan out your own scenarios. Quick drive, your way.
    • New Adhesion Physics – Feel wheelslip and wheelslide in adverse weather, master moving heavy freight and keep control of your loco power on steep inclines.
    • Dynamic Skies – Multiple cloud layers and realistic sunlight filtering means greater visual fidelity for the skies in Train Sim World 2.
    • Journeys – Start a new Journey on any route to explore more than 24 hours of gameplay featuring scenarios, services and more to complete.
    • Tutorials – Learn all you need to take to the rails with detailed tutorials for each locomotive. Master every switch, lever and dial.
    • Powered by Dovetail Games’ proprietary SimuGraph® vehicle dynamics engine and Unreal Engine 4® technology.

• Like Like x 1
  2. nielsmallant100

nielsmallant100 Well-Known Member

*longer routes* And then they give us a 60 km high speed route. Wow
    at 250kmh steady it will take 18 minutes.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Yeah, that one is kind of a bummer.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ag.oracle2015

ag.oracle2015 New Member

>TSW2

• Like Like x 2
  5. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

So TSW2020 is basically dead in 8 weeks time.

Yes, you may be able to continue to use any DLC you have purchased but it's not going to be brought up to date with the new game, so any bugs it may have, you're stuck with.

Will, the livery and scenario editor be compatible with that older DLC?

Not impressed at the moment. Suppose I've got 8 weeks to get used to it.

• Like Like x 2
  6. caspargray

caspargray Active Member

Same Q as above really - will livery and scenario editors be compatible with TSW2020 DLC? EG can I make a custom scenario on east castaway, or re-livery a class 166?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Connor Eaton

Connor Eaton New Member

What i'm not impressed is in some of the FAQ's it states that another big update will be needed for some features down the line....

Now, Multiplayer was meant to come to TSW 2020 (and the orignal TSW) but now its not going to happen, and instead i have to buy TSW2. Now what happenes when the big update happens to be TSW3 and i dont get the promised features in TSW2... Shouts money grabbing to me...

I could well be wrong, and if im honest, i hope i am...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Juxen

Juxen Well-Known Member

For owners of TSW1, is this a free upgrade, or is a new purchase to TSW2?

Kind of neat, but if it's a purchase, I'll pass. I've seen enough of DTG's track record in regards to the "Promises to Keep" area.

• Like Like x 1
  9. MillerPC

MillerPC Active Member

I've never been so played in my life. TSW2 better be discounted to current TSW owners.

• Like Like x 7
  10. SprattyHeath

SprattyHeath Well-Known Member

I very much doubt that, but we can only hope so.

11. Dinosbacsi

That's the part that bothers me as well. The editor and multiplayer was promised to come to TSW. So you bought TSW thinking "alright, it's a bit lacking, but it will get updated over time with new features", yet now to get the new features you have to buy the game again. Now I understand that it takes money to make development, but this isn't what people were promised, really.

It's especially funny because the editor for example was a free, built in feature for Train Simulator since day one, even back in the Rail Simulator days. Yet now you have to buy your train simulator not once but twice to MAYBE get it in the future?

Don't get me wrong, I will be happy to buy TSW2 is it ends up being good, but why did I buy TSW then? For it to be forgotten in only 2-3 years in a sad, unfinished state?

• Like Like x 6
  12. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

More to the point what happens when DTG move to UE5.x - does that mean we have to buy TSW3?

• Like Like x 2
  13. SprattyHeath

SprattyHeath Well-Known Member

I bloody hope not!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dinosbacsi

If they continue like this, they will end up on the Trainz path and release the same game every 2 years with barely any improvements, while continuing to calling it a great step forwards. Anyone remembers/knows the story of Trainz 2012, Tranz: A New Era then Trainz 2019? Yeah, it kinda reminds me of that.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

This is good forward communication.... they are effectively presenting their development roadmap.

This is good stuff. It's like they are suddenly a completely different company from yesterday.... !

• Like Like x 3
  16. Plastic Pal

My understanding is that when you "buy the game again" you are getting new content as well....

Would it be okay with you if you got the TSW2 "shell" for free but without any of the DLC content at launch - and then you could buy that as DLC to populate the shell, as you see see fit? Would that work for you...?

• Like Like x 2
  17. Reeonix

Reeonix Member

[​IMG]
    Is this photo edited in anyway for marketing? Or well any of the pictures seen today? They all look great but usually pictures seem to get edited to the sun and back. This image looks awesome IMO though.

• Like Like x 2
  18. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

90%+ negative -- no changes here!

• Like Like x 2
  19. Dinosbacsi

That would work for me perfectly, yes. In fact I think that's what most people expected, considering this is what happened with every Train Simulator update as well, also when CSX:Heavy Haul got renamed to TSW.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  20. teilekind

teilekind Member

YES please, that is actually what i´m looking for

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  21. Reeonix

Reeonix Member

I do have another question about TSW2. DTG_Protagonist may or may not be able to answer. Is TSW going to have a new game similar to Farming Simulator every couple of years where we buy the game again(and also get DLC moved over like TSW2). OR is this a one off because of the amount of work put in and TSW2 will get yearly updates like TS1 after this where we get some core updates for free, the name of the game has a different year added to it and you get a different bundle of routes.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Juxen

Juxen Well-Known Member

I really doubt DTG would be able to give a binding word on that one. But if they do it one year, they'll probably do it the next.

23. kikelj.blaz

kikelj.blaz Member

Are announced routes going be part of TSW2 bundle or will we have to buy base game and DLCs separately?
    In fact, I really do not undersand what is need to have two same games on mareket?

• Like Like x 1
  24. MillerPC

MillerPC Active Member

They literally release the same game every year for the majority of their games. I don't see why they wouldn't do the same with TSW. Before you know it, we're on Train Sim World 6: 2031 - A New Dawn.

• Like Like x 2
  25. Plastic Pal

Aaah. Okay. Well - in that case, make sure it gets onto the list of questions that DTG Protagonist is putting together. And you might get your wish.

Maybe they could bundle the "shell" with a basic TestTrak/Academy route plus loco, and give that out for free, for anyone that owns TSW, on any platform. And then you buy your TSW2 compliant DLC later.

• Like Like x 2
  26. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

You’ll just have to accept that new content costs money. They have to cover their costs or they go out of business. No business, no new content.

• Like Like x 2
  27. teilekind

teilekind Member

or just give out the base game tsw2 for free (as its the base for buying new content)

they did it with tsw2020 + dont include route/locos you don´t own, so i don´t feel left behind....

28. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

TSW2 is 4K compatible.

29. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

TSW is 4k compatible too.

• Like Like x 3
  30. npalmer405

npalmer405 Member

They better it should be free to people with TSW

31. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I didn’t know that.

32. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Nobody wants to see them go down the Trainz route, as nothing ever improved with it. I bailed with TANE, a broken piece of nonsense on Mac. Played Trainz for Mac mainly and a bit of Trainz2 for Mac but I deleted them all when I got TSW. So far I have not seen anything as bad as Trainz was in TSW. I’m hoping TSW2 will be better than TSW rather than, like Trainz, getting worse with every release. If things are getting better, then I’ll be happy with a ‘new game’ every 3 years or so, if that’s the way it needs to be.

• Like Like x 3
  33. Dinosbacsi

Yeah, same, I used to play the hell out of Trainz 2009, then got TANE because they hyped it up to hell, but it was so disappointing that I totally quit Tranz. Now sure, this doesn't seem as bad as what Trainz did, but I'm afraid it might go down the same path after a while. But I'm hoping not.

I'm probably going to end up buying TSW2 in the end, but still, it feels weird to me. I get that development costs money, but the players were promised editor and multiplayer for TSW. At launch TSW was kinda lacking: only one route, bunch of missing features that were present in TS, etc, but people bought it because it had potential and were all hoping that the issues will be ironed out and missing features will be implemented later on. Instead to get them you have to buy the game once again?

Also if custom liveries and scenarios really cannot be shared between players then what's the point? 80% of the players are probably not going to use these features then. Again, the potential is there, but it feels like it's half-finished again.

And even if we throw the money aspect and "what war promised" thing aside, it still feels so stupid to have a Train Sim World 2 for what could be a simple game update for the exsisting TSW. Someone tell Dovetail that this constant yearly rebranding is stupid. They should've kept it TSW from the start, no need for TSW2020 and TSW2, just like prevouse there was no need for TS2012-TS2020. At least we will be able to use our exsisting TSW add-ons for TSW2, but all progress will be lost, which is also stupid, and now we'll all have the original TSW game just sitting in our Steam library, forgotten and never played again. I'm really looking forward for the updates, but it was entirely unnecessary to make it a separate game, the only reason for it is to make us buy it again.

• Like Like x 1
  34. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Intrigued to know how the Preserved loco's are going to work in TSW2.

Hopefully there is still a 24hr service mode! now for example, for the German High Speed line in TSW2, would I be able to add my current stock from TSW into a service timetable or will there be something within the service mode that sees that you have a previous model, say 155 and include it within a service? I'd hate to see all my DLC not being fully utilised in this update

• Like Like x 1
  35. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

I feel 90% optimistic but the doubt remains on the length of the routes. If you really want to create a new generation title compared to the outdated Train Simulator you have to design sections, at least, as long as those present in Train Simulator. It doesn't matter if it will take twice as long or if it will cost twice as much.

25~30 minutes on the ICE are not the best as a presentation. It would have been objectively much better if, to give a clear cut to the past, you had proposed the route between Frankfurt (airport station) and Köln and almost 2 hours of travel.

Or alternatively, plan, design and build a 2-hour block route, where each block is contained in a new DLC. So, if a user is interested in that type of railway, collecting all the dlc, after one or two years, he will have the whole 200 km section.

And of course repeat the same procedure with other countries.
    Moreover, it would also be an excellent incentive to let users collect all the railway DLCs they prefer.

• Like Like x 3
  36. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

Hey Colonel, I think the new 4K compatible "feature" is aimed at the console folks, who until now have had to put up with 1080p resolution even on PS4 Pro and Xbox One X. We PCers have had 4K since the beginning (such is the flexibility of that platform). ;)

37. Plastic Pal

PS5 supports 8k.

Enjoy lodging your support for the RAM and VRAM market with your cash, if you want your PC to catch up.

• Like Like x 1
  38. geoffwba

geoffwba New Member

I've only just started getting used to TSW 2020 and now it seems it is to be abandoned. If the graphics are better in TSW2 then I will buy it but I hope that it will be discounted for existing users. Following a recent new PC build I have held off upgrading my quite old Nvidia GPU for now and it will be interesting to see what the GPU specs will be for TSW 2. Whilst TSW 2020 is not bad , it is not that much different to the original Train Simulator so I really hope the new sim will be a big improvement.

39. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

My mistake - sorry didn't spot which forum I was in.

(Also, stick to my username here please - I'm trying not to cross the streams. Thankyou!)

• Like Like x 2
  40. saint.russian

saint.russian Member

ah but this is where you are partially wrong, and partially right.
    With TS, if you bought (for example) TS2018, you would get a free TS2019 "shell" but no new routes released with it, so yes here you are correct. However, you would not get a free "shell" upgrade anymore for 2020, so your TS version would remain as TS2019.
    When you "buy" the new "shell" in TS you also get the new routes released with it. That is correct as well.

So it seems the same is here. The TSW2 shell will also bring 2 new routes with it. So in essence you can think "backwards"... you buy the new route pack and get the TSW2 shell upgrade with it... if this way makes you feel better )

The TSW1 shell has already been upgraded at least once or twice for free since its release. Dovetail just didn't really make a point out of rebranding it as "new shell"

EDIT: DTG are keeping the TSW1/2020 and splitting away TSW2... which makes no sense at all (not from point of view of progressing to TSW2, but from point of view of keeping TSW1 as well. Why not just have everyone seamlessly migrate into the new tsw2 and do away with 1/2020??
    -Here is what DTG are doing RIGHT: they are calling it an "evolution". That's good, we all want that. They are migrating all of our purchased DLCs so that they will be playable in 2 just as they are now, no difference, which is great as well. So if everything but my profile/saves is migrating... than why ta hell do they advertise wanting to keep the ver1 and maintain it?? No sense at all. Its like completing a marathon and than shooting yourself in the foot 10 feet before the finish line and having medics drive you to a hospital instead. This obviously makes people feel betrayed and left behind instead of believing that their game (the one that they bought, not a different one) is growing. And that is IMO what they are doing wrong. This has potential to explode in their face.

I will however applaud DTG for outstanding communication of the roadmap and a very informative q/a section (minus the above issue of course)

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  41. Dinosbacsi

That's not true though? Everyone got the TS2020 upgade for free as well, even though it didn't bring any changes other than a new loading screen. I have it as well, even though I hasn't bought any TS addon since years now.

42. TrainPhotos_

TrainPhotos_ Active Member

If some Dovetail staff member is reading this, please think about giving a small discount to TSW owners... I think TSW2 will be an amazing game but it's a bit annoying to pay the full price of the game for every big update. It's good that all the routes we own are still going to be there on TSW2, but we still have to pay for the game. So a little discount fot TSW owners would be really thankful, and I won't mind to buy a new TSW every 2 or 3 years if I know I won't have to pay the full price for a very similar game.

• Like Like x 1
  43. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Sorry Sam, I refuse to say Dear DTG Protagonist to you. ;)

• Like Like x 4
  44. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Maybe a subscription model would not be a bad idea.

45. BASI

BASI New Member

Disappointing news, a magnificent game with an excellent graphics platform, decides that users who enjoy making routes, objects and trains, will not be able to create our own objects, trains or routes to include them in the game. For me the game is dead, that decision is the worst we could expect from DTG.
    I sincerely hope you will reconsider this matter. On the other hand, I feel that they are ripping me off, making me buy this new version, since you have decided that the previous one no longer works, again some of us had to acquire an incomplete, defective and useless game. Really, you are driving us out of the game with decisions like this, have a good time.

• Like Like x 3
  46. saint.russian

saint.russian Member

no that's not what i was talking about. i meant in TS if you buy a "shell" on year A you would also get the new released routes. next year you would get the shell B for free, but no routes were given in this case. on year C you do not get anything new. the upgrade needs to be paid for again (like year A). That was always their model with TS upgrades.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
  47. Dinosbacsi

But that's what I'm talking about, yes. In Train Simulator's case, you always got the core update for free, with the option to buy the bundle again if you wanted the new routes. The only exception maybe was when Rail Simulator became Railworks, and then when Railworks became Train Simulator? I can't quite remember.

Anyway we'll see what they say on the FAQ stream about the new stuff. If it worths buying again then I can forgive it, but it still sounds like a weird decision to make.

48. Iskra

Iskra Active Member

The improved and clear communication, with defined timescales is a massive positive and a huge step forward.

If TS2 allows the improvements we all want to see, then it's definitely a good thing and I'm looking forward to it.

As a UK simmer, while the Undergound is different and innovative, I'm not sure it's my cup of tea. So I'm slightly disappointed that that is the British route.

I would say however; that I think TS2 needs to be released in a well-tested and bug-free guise, otherwise we risk another TSW saga and I don't massively enjoy the initial stages of these Train Sim's as there is usually a paucity of variety initially. It's probably too late to deal with this for TS2 now, but in future I think the initial route releases should contain a route and a higher than normal quantity of locomotives/units to extend the interest as much as possible until more DLC arrives.Alternatively, they should not release it until they have some DLC ready to launch soon after. At least this time we will have TSW to keep us going.

Will you have to have TSW installed to run the TSW stuff on TS2 does anyone know?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  49. ag.oracle2015

ag.oracle2015 New Member

Seems like this year i forgot about TSW and will playing in Serious Sam 4 and Cyberpunk 2077)))

50. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

Everything about Train Sim World 2 sounds fun, but i want to know what the price is.

• Like Like x 2