PC I Own Sand Patch For Tsw, Do I Get A Discount On Tsw2?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Typhomat, Jun 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Typhomat

Typhomat Well-Known Member

This is something that I think should be considered. I understand the core changes, but the recycled content raises a cost concern. If 33% of the route content may already be owned by a player, then a discount of 33% or more (if there is a pre-order discount) should be made available to players who own SPG. Any future content will require you to buy the new game, but as a player who already owns one of the routes, I don't want to re-purchase content I already own.

It's different compared to TS2020, where you still get the core game upgrades and can choose to buy the base game to get the routes included. Here, you have no choice if you want to adopt future content.

• Like Like x 4
  2. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

Don't hold your breath since they're claiming better performance for Sand Patch. Maybe we'll get a nominal £5 (choose your local currency) knocked off for owning TSW but maybe not as well.

3. Typhomat

That's my expectation, if there is even a discount provided.

My point is that PC players have adopted content earlier any anyone else, and gone through the changes to make things compatible with lower performance consoles compared to PCs. So in that case, am I paying for things that I've already bought to be taken away in the new version compared to TSW for better performance?

That mindset neglects the players who've been part of the TSW process back when it was an official beta. I remember the years of talk for recognition of players who've invested in the game and that never happening. I really hope that we see something here.

4. Sumit

Sumit Member

I am requesting a refund on the basis of false advertising & being scammed by broken promises.

I am the original buyer of Train Sim World when released in 2017, this is unbelievable that after three years after release -
    a. No promised editor
    b. No promised multiplayer
    c. Plenty of bugs unfixed…
    d. No Steam Locomotive

This will repeat same in TSW2.

5. Typhomat

Here is what I've wondered. Why do we need this new base game if the content that we already own will port over with no new features? You are absolutely right in your comments about what was said to come, and now it put behind another purchase, and potentially future more.

Another question to DTG, will we see an annual renewal of this? Train Sim has had an annual release of recycled/new content, but the base game was free and the routes, some which contained new features, had to be purchased. Understandable. With this though, will we have to purchase the game again each year to then buy new content? This is a great way to pump cash in. If they release a new loco/trainset for a route, and the route is a TSW original but you need TSW2 or whatever number it becomes in future years, to get a $20 DLC might become a $60 or $80 purchase if you don't have the appropriate game.

6. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

The advantage of just getting the updated base game for free was that there was no need to buy routes in which you were not interested or already owned. If DTG are now changing how that system works then we could end up having to buy routes we don't want or already own just to be able to purchase future routes. :mad: Seriously unhappy if that turns out to be the case,.

• Like Like x 1
  7. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Questions added to the list. Locking thread to avoid repetition.

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.