PlayStation Tsw2! Game Engine Upgrade,ice High Speed, London Underground And Sandpatch On Consoles!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by matthewbguilford, Jun 9, 2020.

1. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, with the new announcement of TSW2 and all the new features including Sandpatch finally coming to console! Taken from the article.
    New features include:

• Scenario Planner
    • In-game Livery Designer
    • Adhesion Physics
    • Preserved Collection for Add-Ons
    • New Dovetail Live features including Driver Logbook, Online Debriefs and Railfan Shots
    • Immersion Features
    • German High Speed
    • The London Underground - Bakerloo Line
    • Sand Patch Grade – arriving on consoles for the first time.
    • The proprietary SimuGraph® vehicle dynamics engine has evolved – adding realistic adhesion physics for the first time. Feel the slip of wheels in adverse weather, master moving heavy freight and keep control of your loco power on steep inclines! Optimised and upgraded visual fidelity also gives Train Sim World 2 dynamic skies and 4K support.

• I am very excited for this announcement!

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Its good progress. Will the class 47 get fixed though?

3. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

Great, we're paying for things that were promised 3 years ago.

• Like Like x 3
  4. matthewbguilford

What exactly is it that was promised three years ago? The London Underground route or the ICE German route or Sandpatch on console?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

I’ll be happy paying the price of a new game if it means, serious upgrades going forward and 3 new routes as a bonus.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Sumit

Sumit Member

7. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

I think he’s exaggerating with 3 years
    I think it was 1 or 2 yrs ago
    We wanted adhesion. That kind of stuff that makes the game better

• Like Like x 2
  8. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

I read that you can use your TSW2020 motive power on the new TSW2, but i would like to know, on which route can i use all of my British stock what with there being NO UK mainline route?
    Furthermore, does this mean that all TSW2020 routes will be completely neglected from here on?

• Like Like x 2
  9. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

994C516C-0E2C-4B0F-BB44-938A739B71BE.jpeg E89E0E1C-795A-4836-9E52-47CF41DB9600.jpeg 29FF3E79-B390-442C-BDE0-FA401887DCDD.png 678692F3-0292-4FEA-83DF-74715C2B6120.jpeg B0E91AEA-8916-4189-B193-9110543920D0.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  10. ildario77

ildario77 Well-Known Member

Getting rid of the old TSW was the only wise thing to do. A 2021 update would have been just another patch on a bunch of bugs. Hopefully a fresh new start will fix this mess forever. And I'm pretty excited about Bakerloo Line. Well done.

• Like Like x 5
  11. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

Yup

• Like Like x 1
  12. kennyjamesscott

This brings mixed feelings to be honest. Why did I invest in those routes I have when I can't import saved game over?
    ICE yay and Sandpatch yay but the cost nay. I don't speak about financial cost.

Now we have to put all hopes in new sim, new game...

It's the first time I'm getting a bit worried regarding TSW to be honest. What if this is a massive shot in the foot?

• Like Like x 1
  13. kennyjamesscott

Question to protagonist, how long will Köln Schnellstrecke be and does my German consist carry over?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

These are my main concerns. I accept they won't support them on legacy TSW2020 but what's the potential on TS2 for them in the 'Preservation' feature. Will we be able to use them in the scenario creator for example?
    And just perhaps we will get a 52 at Paddington, albeit 200ft down!! And yes I know, loading gauge fail!!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Im pretty darn sure thats a yes. Preserved locos might not have all the features of new ones going forward but will be available for use, just like everything else.

• Like Like x 1
  16. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Your British stock will be used on the existing British TSW routes in TSW2. There’s no news on being able to use locos on any other route than you currently can, as far as I can see. Whether old TSW loco DLC can be used on new TSW2 routes as and when they appear is one question that could be answered on Thursday. I’m thinking currently that preserved content (TSW stuff) and native TSW2 stuff will be entirely separate in TSW2, although nobody has explicitly said that.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

This is something I'd like to see clarified, perhaps DTG Protagonist can add this to the questions for the stream if possible.

Would it also therfore be true that we'll need in essence two games worth of data for this too?

• Like Like x 6
  18. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

On the list!

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  19. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

Thanks, much appreciated

• Like Like x 1
  20. matthewbguilford

I’ve spent many hours in TSW and have enjoyed all my time with all the routes that have been released. The upgraded game engine with the adhesion physics, dynamic skies and 4K support and I’m assuming graphics/lighting improvements in general are more then enough reason for me to fully support TSW2. I will enjoy the new German ICE route and the London Underground as well as my first experience with Sandpatch. The chance that our experiences with these routes will be much more positive with the TSW2 upgrades then if it had released on TSW. I’ll be happy to pay for the three routes I don’t own, and for the upgrades made for TSW2. A week before TSW2 releases we will receive a road map on what DTG have planned for the game, they are trying to be more active on the forums and with the community. We are getting a livery editor and scenario planner that allows us to choose our locomotive and our destination. Those are features I had no idea was ready to be implemented and the fact that they included us on consoles is really an awesome thing. DTG really started showing what they could do when TSW2020 released and it looks like they are going all in with TSW2.

• Like Like x 2
  21. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if my question has been picked up because there are various threads but I know all my digitally downloaded DLC from the PS Store will carry over to the new game, but the GWE, RT and NEC routes are installed from physical disc...the original TSW disc, and the PS Store won't know about those. So how is the migration working? How will I get those 3 routes to carry to TSW2? I'm hoping I don't have to leave them there in TSW1 and only be able to play them there :-(

• Like Like x 1
  22. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

I'll leave this thread open for additional conversation however I have grabbed the questions for Thursday's Q&A.

• Like Like x 4
  23. matthewbguilford

Hey Tin, I would imagine there would be a way to verify which routes you have for TSW whether it’s on the physical disk or digitally.

• Like Like x 1
  24. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

Dovetail account

• Like Like x 1
  25. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Yeah hope so. It's just that we buy all our routes etc from Playstation and not Dovetail so I am wondering how it works

26. matthewbguilford

Yes, I myself own all of the TSW dlc so being able to have my collection continue on in TSW2 is important to me. I have 100% faith in them making sure whatever routes we own on TSW we will have access to TSW2. Could be as simple as we need to have or create a DTG account in order to bring the TSW routes over to TSW2.

• Like Like x 2
  27. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

DTG Protagonist
    will we be able to use the scenario editor and livery editor for the old routes from tsw2020?

• Like Like x 1
  28. matthewbguilford

Taken from the TSW2 article.
    “Will Preserved Collection Add-Ons be upgraded?
    • The preservation work may bring some performance benefits depending on your platform, but they will be as they are now. Preserved not remastered.”
    Hi, I am under the impression that the upgrades made to the game engine in TSW2 will make the scenario/livery editor possible for the routes built on the new platform. Yes having those features on the TSW routes would be nice, but I would rather have DTG working on new content for TSW2 then working on any of the past routes. We will receive a roadmap a week before TSW2 release so we will all have an idea what they are focusing on. I am very happy with the direction they are going with TSW2 and they really seemed to have thought this out and laid the ground work for what could be the best year for TSW fans.

• Like Like x 4
  29. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

Hi, I had the same question, so I searched on the web.
    They mentioned the route will be from Koln to Aachen. A city near the french border.
    The length of the real route is "only" 70 kms for both cities
    So for a 250 kph high speed line, it will be no so long drive for both distance and time to travel.
    If all that distance be at high speed, it will take only 16 minutes.
    Of course, it is not real situaiton, as you will be at lower speeds when departing and arriving both stations,
    I believe developers will made some entretaining scenarsios and driving with other special route situation for longer drivings.
    Like red lights, other trains, , may be there will be another stop in the route in some town.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

I'd like to give some additional details to the quoted post.
    - I don't know if there's another city named Aachen near the french border, but on my map Aachen is near the belgian and dutch borders.
    - The route is indeed called a "Schnellfahrstrecke" (high speed line), but not the entire length is suitable for 250 kph.
    - The timetable of Deutsche Bahn lists the travel time for an ICE on that route with 33 minutes, without any intermediate stop.
    - There is some regional and freight traffic on the same line.

I don't think this is a good example of a high speed line. I'd prefer the line to Frankfurt, which is exclusive for high speed passenger trains, has a total length of 180 km and a maximum speed limit of 300 kph.

Found a map link for the Köln-Aachen route: https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/2656176#map=10/50.8368/6.5003

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  31. grdaniel48

Hi Slemcer,
    Thank you for your reply.
    You are right about the neighbourg countries. I saw the map of the route going to the west of Germany to a border and I belived it was France, It was just a basic map of the route itself. Sorry about that
    About the speed it is what I expected and mentioned. I will not be all the time at high speed.
    The fact they choose that route where you mentioned there is also regional and freight traffic, could be there will be trains of these type also to run it!
    If not there will not be much different scenarios and timetables than just drive from Koln to Aachen and back.
    Furthermore considering what you mentioned about there is no another station in between.
    But will be a paralell route for the regional and freight?... Because on high speed ones, only this kind of trains, or fast IC ones could ride on them!
    70 kms not seems to be a large distance for high speed.
    The fact is TSW is really great in graphics, but this requires much detail, so it will be more complicated to have longer routes unfortunately! Design, hardware capacity for both memory and graphic cards, etc.
    This is the main issue on TSW.
    We were used to drive longer routes on other sims.

32. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

Nope, it's basically an old double-track route (built in 1841) that has been upgraded. There is a parallel track though between Köln and Düren, but it's only used for the commuter line S13 with its BR 423 EMUs.

Just to clarify this, there are of course some stations along the line, but the high speed train doesn't stop there.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
  33. josepholiverfiltness

josepholiverfiltness Member

Will the bakerloo line be the full route? :)

34. septafan

septafan Active Member

Yes with all 25 stops at 14 miles long

35. Paulo_1997

Paulo_1997 Active Member

Hey grdaniel48!

I was doing some research since I was also disappointed about choosing Cologne-Aachen over Cologne-Frankfurt, but...!
    The route is actually quite beautiful! The fact that you can drive up to 250 km/h is a small consolation. Also this route has much traffic as you could drive at least 6 RE/RB lines partially, 3 S-Bahn lines, 1 High-Speed and also Freight traffic. So I think choosing heavy traffic over High-Speed only isn't the worst idea.
    At least they've given us an ICE.

36. grdaniel48

Hi Paulo.
    Thanks you for your reply.
    Cologne to Frankfurt would be amazing!
    But as they explained on the Q&A session, long routes are not possible.
    Despite of that, I am really happy we will have the ICE 3 (the nicest one for me!), and high speed and other trains there.
    High speed trains only, are a bit boring in my opinion.
    The first time is great. But later it will be the same.
    Just depart, full speed and stop at the other end of route station.
    You do not have chances of special or different situations on the route, as on regular trains.
    So I agree they selected that route, where we can drive different trains.
    Even ICE3 not always run on high speed routes all the time.