PC Tsw 2 Questions For Thursday's Stream

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by RommieG, Jun 9, 2020.

1. RommieG

RommieG New Member

Hello,

Below is my compiled list of questions regarding the new title:
    • We've already seen a decent collection of locomotives and rolling stock made for TSW - will this stock continue to be used as timetable layers and in substitution in future TSW 2 routes, or will it be relegated to forever be used in TSW routes only?
    • The reappearance of Sandpatch Grade and the new German HSL are both good opportunities for new features and tech not currently present in TSW, such as DPU fencing for American freight locomotives, and EBuLa and LZB for German equipment. Will any of this make an appearance in these routes?
    • Will multiple user generated liveries be available at a given time, and will they automatically substitute in on AI trains? Furthermore, are there any plans for eventual sharing of them?
    • Which version of UE4 is TSW 2 built on, and what benefits does it bring - both end user and for DTG's development workflow?
    • How has TSW 2's substitution system changed, if at all? Sandpatch apparently now makes use of loaded car weights - is this also true for the manifest (mixed) freight trains, or will they still only be empty, like the mixed freight consists on Oakville?
    • Is it possible to use variable adhesion on older routes, or is it only for new and future routes?

• Like Like x 1
  2. lucas_5_5

lucas_5_5 Well-Known Member

okey, this is my big question too... it will be a shame not to be able to use TSW2020 trains. I understand not upgrading all the routes to the newer version of the engine, but the trains, we should be able to use them.