PC Questions About Tsw 2's Bakerloo Line

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Rhazv, Jun 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhazv

Rhazv Member

I'm very excited about the Bakerloo line coming to TSW 2, but I have some questions about signalling on the route:

- Are the draw up signals and speed controlled signals of the Bakerloo line represented in the simulator?
    - Are the speed controlled train stops at Elephant and Castle implemented?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Could you explain these a bit to someone not familiar with LU?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rhazv

Rhazv Member

Speed controlled signals are normally at danger and only clear when the next block is clear and the train is approaching it below a certain predetermined speed. This speed is usually checked with a short timing section in the track. I don't know exactly which signals on the Bakerloo line are speed controlled signals, but I've seen them used, amongst other places, at the end of platforms and on the approach to a diverging route (the signal with the feather would only clear if the train is approaching it slowly enough). I don't mean to imply that these locations are always equipped with speed controlled signals though.

Draw up signals are somewhat similar to speed controlled signals and are sometimes installed on the approach to two converging routes.

Speed controlled train stops are sometimes installed in terminus stations. If the driver enters a station equipped with such a train stop too fast, the train stop will not lower and trip the emergency brakes. I'm not sure why Elephant and Castle is equipped with these since the tracks don't end with buffer stops at the end of the platform. There are some storage tracks after Elephant and Castle. I'm pretty sure these storage tracks are also equipped with speed controlled train stops.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
  4. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Questions added to the list. Locking thread to avoid repetition.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.