PC Does Tsw 2 Use The Old Stock From Tsw 2020?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Task, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Task

Task Well-Known Member

So I was wondering if new TSW 2 routes like Köln Schnellfahrstrecke use already existing rolling stock like it was done with the MSB Dostos in HRR for example. Will we see our 146 + Dostos on the RE 1? Will we see the 425?

If not I hope they'll get reworked very soon and then get released with a little bit of additional content for a reasonable price. Which I know will also upset many of you...

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  2. levelzwei2

levelzwei2 Member

Is the Br 442 the old model from RT with the same Sound and Physic?

3. CryPosthuman

CryPosthuman Member

The store page says:
    "Preserved Collection
    Your collection comes with you. Train Sim World has always been about your collection, your choice of Add-Ons from your favorite region, time period, diesel, electric, passenger, freight – your way.
    Your purchased Train Sim World 2020 Add-Ons will be available to play in Train Sim World 2."

• Like Like x 1
  4. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

That's as maybe but I'm wondering how that would work in Service mode? (if there is one in TSW2)

• Like Like x 1
  5. OnScheduleW/ChickenWings

OnScheduleW/ChickenWings Member

What I read in between the lines (Because unfortunately I'm forced to) is that it will run in some sort of "Compatibility mode" but probably wont have any of the features like "adhesion" and the new features (or some of them) that are included in TSW 2

6. CryPosthuman

CryPosthuman Member

I am also an Unreal-Engine Developer and I can imagine, when the adhesion is just a "blueprint", which is attached to the already existing locos, then the old locos can have all the new stuff, too.
    I hope that DTG has a modular workflow with the Unreal-Blueprints, so that it's not a problem to update or completely rework older code parts.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Task

Task Well-Known Member

So one other question:
    What exactly can we do with our preserved collection and what can't we do? Which of the new features are available for the preserved collection? Do we even lose some of the old features like the timetable mode or collectables?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Task

Task Well-Known Member

Will we get some high resolution wallpapers soon to hype us up even more?

9. Task

Task Well-Known Member

Will all passengers leave at the last station / will no passengers be in the train before approaching the first station or doing depot runs?

10. OnScheduleW/ChickenWings

OnScheduleW/ChickenWings Member

If that will take the same route as "updating older routes" then I am unfortunately not optimistic about that.