Tsw 2 Scenario And Livery Creator Question

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by volvolover1972, Jun 9, 2020.

1. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

I applaud the announcement of an official scenario and livery editor in the upcoming TSW 2, however, if custom scenarios and liveries cannot be shared by any means than I don’t really see the point of including them in the first place. Surely it would be possible for DTG develop some sort of community platform where community made scenarios and liveries can be shared cross platforms easily.

• Like Like x 6
  2. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

At least scenario sharing would be cool.

Maybe someone has time and passion to create complex ones and shares this, others might be too lazy for doing such a thing. Anyway haven't used it yet :-D

• Like Like x 2
  3. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

The "custom scenario" bit was pitched as an advanced quick drive style thing, so THAT part makes sense... but still, it's a bit disappointing.

I wonder if you can *technically* share liveries by sharing textures as just images and having people jut recreate the livery by importing them, but... still, Steam Workshop integration would be preferred.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

THIS! Exactly the one thing that bugs me seriously about the new game - why add all this if we can't share. PC will probably find a way around, the creations have to become files somewhere on the disc and the files can be uploaded, but consoles will end up doomed. If I made a complex scenario, you bet, I want to share it, I want folks to play it, but now it seems like we can only get creative in our own cells.

• Like Like x 3
  5. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

I do wonder how complicated scenario making might actually be.

It could be a simple solution as opposed to what we have in TS:

Select train.
    Select start location.
    Select end location.
    Select intermediate stops.
    Select time and weather.

In which case, would explain the lack of sharing.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

If this was the case, I think you would have to drive alone on the track, there's no way the game would "guess" where to put AI trains for you to meet, so the route would have to be empty.

• Like Like x 3
  7. volvolover1972

Unless DTG have implemented an auto-AI feature like they have in TS1 quick drive

• Like Like x 3
  8. Joker729

Joker729 Member

You guys do know that it takes time for developers to make all this, and this new system is nothing like what we have in TS. They told us in the FAQ on the announcement page that these tools are the first steps in building out that system. Would you prefer they give us any of it until they thing the whole thing is built out? Then risk it not working right because they didn't release these tools in stages? Take a breath folks and lets enjoy the new system we're about to get. Clearly the shift is starting to happen.

• Like Like x 3
  9. volvolover1972

I’m not complaining. DTG protagonist literally said if you have questions post them on the forums

• Like Like x 2
  10. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

I am completely ok with us only being able to edit liveries and scenarios so far, full-blown editor of routes would take a lot of time, especially if consoles are to participate, but c'mon - editing is built on being able to share. Scenarios are just pieces of information (what, where, whereto), liveries are basically fancy jpegs, sharing those should be a piece of cake.

• Like Like x 3
  11. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

Does the Livery tool extend to imported TSW 2020 content or can you only customise new TSW 2 content? The page is not 100% clear on this. Does modified livery content appear in scenarios or Timetable mode or is it restricted to scenarios you create?

• Like Like x 2
  12. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

My question livery editor. Can images be imported, on the permitted hardware?

• Like Like x 1
  13. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

You can't share anything for the liveries or quick drive

• Like Like x 2
  14. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

So I cant use my own images to create liveries via usb. Sorry if you answered this.

• Like Like x 1
  15. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

It actually doesn't say anything about that which is weird

• Like Like x 2
  16. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

csx heavy haul for console finally

• Like Like x 2
  17. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Yeah it's like the stupidest thing ever. If liveries and custom scenarios can't be shared between players, then it will simply not be used by like 80% of the playerbase, because most people will not be interested in it. So good job, you spen time and resource on creating a feature that in it's current form will be pretty much useless.
    Well hopefully PC can get around this issue by simply sharing files somewhere, but I still find this stupid. Sorry but currently it sounds a bit half-finished, just like everything in TSW.

• Like Like x 3
  18. volvolover1972

Hopefully that’s the case. Kind of like how there were unofficial livery mods and such in the current version of TSW and DTG didn’t even acknowledged they existed

19. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

I agree with this. And although TSW2 looks like a change (and it is... it is an improvement derived from technical progress)... the big story for me is that it provides stability for a decent Train Simulator to continue to exist and be enjoyed.... for at least five years, and maybe ten years.....

There is also a slow move towards UE5... and there is a possible bridge to PS5 and the next XBox.

Alternatively - there is Trainz....

• Like Like x 2
  20. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

We'd anticipated the sharing question. It's not a straightforward answer, so will be covered in Thursday's stream.

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  21. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's one thing I noticed with the FAQ page- those are all really good questions that the community is definitely interested in. Shows that you're listening if you know what we're gonna ask! That's pretty good, good job on that.

That's all, just complimenting you :P

• Like Like x 3
  22. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

I knew the sharing is going to be complicated with copyright issues and companies being very protective over their brands and logos.

• Like Like x 3
  23. 37114

37114 Active Member

That’s not an issue for scenarios though. I guess it will come eventually it was a number of years before TS had scenarios on Steam.

• Like Like x 2
  24. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

What it says in the FAQ about the livery designer is that you can create custom liveries from a range of shapes and layers. I take this to mean there will be no real train liveries or the chance to import designs but some tools that allow you to make a funky looking train for your own enjoyment. For example you might be able to male a yellow train with a pink swoosh down the side and a green arrow pointing forwards, with some blue text in it, all from shapes and fonts etc. included within the livery creator. Your designs may be more subtle and well designed than that but that kind of thing, a loco colouring in set. That’s my take on what’s written.

• Like Like x 3
  25. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

I think the game will just put AI trains according to the timetable, so at x hour y train shows up here. No need for an “advanced” AI in the game.:)

26. MetrolinkF125#916

Well if it is that case, then it just kinda sucks since I was really planning on making a BNSF AC4400CW.:(

I guess maybe we’ll be able to do that maybe later in TSW 2’s lifespan? Once DTG upgrades the livery editor?

Edit: No I think we are gonna be able to do that from the start bcuz DTG states that with TSW 2’s livery editor “Create your own custom liveries with the Livery Designer that allows you to craft both simple and complex designs to bring your Train Sim World 2 loco liveries to life.” which leads me to the thought of complex livery designs in TSW 2, ohh bring in those BNSF locos!:)

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  27. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

From what they wrote it sounds like the same system newer Need for Speeds and Forzas had. A bunch of shapes that you can create anything with, so yes, even complex liveries.

Even though it sounds exciting, I don't see why there was a need for this. Wouldn't a simple texture importing function work better? You make a reskin in an image editor software and you simply upload it into the game. It just sounds like extra hassle to make a livery creator system like this.

I'm still looking forward to it, as it sounds fun and definitely something new to a train simulator that I didn't expect, but a bit weird decision.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  28. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

Unless I'm proven wrong, which I hope to be, what I'm reading so far about the scenario "editor", it's little more than the quick drive found in TS1.

Start at point A, finish at point B driving driving a loco and consist of your choice.

Most people will tinker with the livery editor but with no sharing option they won't really give it a second look.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  29. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Cant share images for reasons not yet known

• Like Like x 2
  30. 66050

66050 Active Member

Exactly what I was thinking, would love to make a FGW livery for the HST, or a Freightliner one for the class 66. Anyone got an answer?

• Like Like x 2
  31. 66050

66050 Active Member

Also, will we be able to customise coaches as well? Already got plans to do the dynamic lines livery for the MKIII's.

• Like Like x 1
  32. 37114

37114 Active Member

I'll be very disappointed if there isn't a far greater deal of complexity than that.

• Like Like x 2
  33. Plastic Pal

For complex 3D models... this sort of art utility (like in Forza or GT Sport) is ideal for liveries ... and also easy to use. You effectively "project" a new layer of shapes over discrete parts of the model's surface. And What You See Is What You Get... and you can immediately see the results of each "application" of a coloured/shaded shape. Hopefully they will have had the foresight to include lighting options (day/night/torch) within the viewer.

There is a potential downside... Once the 3D model is released, and you start making liveries for it.... then that 3D model must not ever change... or your livery will be wrecked.

So there is now a new urgency for DTG (and anyone else producing rolling stock models)........ to very carefully inspect the exterior of their rolling stock models... and to get it right first time..... to avoid future disappointment (and, indeed, what would be justified outright anger, if everyone's future artwork gets spoiled....). This would be a good approach anyway - to check whether numbers are correct, and whether the models can actually pass under bridges.... etc.... It just takes a few minutes to do a visual inspection, and give it a "tick", ahead of public release.

• Like Like x 2
  34. Plastic Pal

Um.... I am not sure that you will get to drive the loco of your choice..... (from all of your DLC). That would be nice.... but I am not convinced that it quite works like that with TSW/TSW 2..... We'll see....

I actually disagree about the part of your post dealing with liveries. There will be a number of people that take great pleasure in taking screenshots (I might be one of them...)... and trying to get reasonably artisitic results. And a livery editor will massively help with this. Imagine what you could do with:

- a decent colour RGB palette
    - a proper set of colour fuctions....depth, luminosity... etc...
    - a range of shapes... including "graded" shaders

Basically - you could make you own personal liveries.... but you could also easily do your own weathering....!

• Like Like x 1
  35. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

I've gathered the questions from this thread and will leave it open as the "editor discussion thread".

• Like Like x 2
  36. MetrolinkF125#916

Hey, good idea and I barely noticed that! Time to make a weathered AC4400 after TSW 2 launches.:cool:

• Like Like x 2
  37. Plastic Pal

I hope they add some advanced texture shapes. Obviously you'd get squares and semi-circles, and banded gradient rectangles... but what would be cool would be some "drip" textures (to be placed under bolts with a rusty colour), plus .. "crack" and "scratch" textures and "paintbrush swipes"... etc.... Then people could get really creative really quickly...

I genuinely reckon it will be a hit feature.... with great ease of use. Can't wait for Schnauzahpowahz to get his hands on it.

• Like Like x 1
  38. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’m going to have a train with a cat’s face if it’s possible and maybe a range of other animals, like a shunter painted up like a snail and the ICE train as a cheetah. A tube train painted up like a snake. You get the idea. I hope that’s all possible.

• Like Like x 1
  39. Plastic Pal

No Sher, LOVE-lock.... Nooooooooo...........:

https://underground-ernie.fandom.com/wiki/Bakerloo

Actually, the above Sherlock livery looks quite cool.... ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  40. danielemerson78

danielemerson78 Member

You apply all the AI yourself in both directions.You can have up to 20 services in one scenario

41. elililo

elililo New Member

You can put AI traffic by creating other services