Tsw2 Update / Release Path

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ECML125, Jun 10, 2020.

1. ECML125

ECML125 New Member

Good afternoon, after reading about the new TSW2, I would like to make a few suggestions about how things are going to be done to avoid annoyance with the TSW player base.

A few things before I start, I think it's pointless adding features that nobody asked for, this includes but is not limited to the livery creator. Not only can they not be shared, I imagine they won't be able to be that complex and anyone with any common sense would drop this feature. Another feature which although it has limited information is the scenario Planner which from what I can gather is a poor attempt at quick drive, this needs to be done properly or not at all in my opinion.

What I'm suggesting:
    Instead of making people pay for the upgrade plus routes, personally I believe it would make more sense to update everyone from TSW2020 to TS2 for free, this means we get to still get to play the game without having to essentially pay again for a game we already own. I hear you asking, "How is DTG going to make any money?" Here is the solution... If players want the German Route or the London Underground, they can then buy them either separate or as a bundle.

Why I am suggesting this:
    The reason I'm suggesting this, is because I've already payed for TSW2020 already, some people may want the update without all of the new content so that they don't feel as though they have been abandoned. With the current plan it essentially forces the player to get these new routes regardless of whether they want them or not.

So please DTG, I'd appreciate it if you took this into consideration before release as I think people would have a lot more respect if you did it the way it was suggested to you above. If you have any further questions, please feel free to reply.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
  2. djhawtin1

djhawtin1 Well-Known Member

There is a Lot of new features coming to tsw2 so it cannot be free. features you ask? These are copied from the website
    GET CREATIVE
    Personalise your rail journey with two brand new easy-to-use tools. Create your own custom liveries with the Livery Designer that allows you to craft both simple and complex designs to bring your Train Sim World 2 loco liveries to life. Create your own scenario with the Scenario Planner, picking locos and destinations before you jump in and take to the rails - Quick drive, your way.

3. Task

Task Well-Known Member

Another thing is that you won't be able to use basically all the features with the old dlcs because it was already stated that the new features are only for the new dlcs. So why would you need TSW 2 then? I know if there are dlcs later that you want to have, this might be a problem but till then there were already a few sales I think.

• Like Like x 2
  4. ECML125

ECML125 New Member

That's the thing, nobody asked for them features, the most requested thing is Route and Scenario Editor + Multiplayer. Why waste time on something only a handful of people are going to use. Essentially we are getting a new update and some new physics and if you want them routes too. Dovetail Live is dreadful and explains again why only few people use it. Until there is a severely good reason for this update to cost then I don't see why we should have to pay. However it should be noted that I would pay for the routes as stated above

5. ECML125

ECML125 New Member

It feels like a kick in the teeth to have to essentially buy the game again, but I guess they need the money considering they barly brok even last year.

6. Task

Task Well-Known Member

If there are only features "nobody asked for" why do you need the game in the first place? Just stick to TSW 2020...

• Like Like x 5
  7. djhawtin1

I Did and a lot of other people

• Like Like x 1
  8. djhawtin1

New Routes, Detail, New Features And Finally Locos

9. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

I agree with the free update from TSW2020 to TSW2. I'm kind of excited for the new version of the game. There will be multiplayer, an editor, and eventually, steam locos.

• Like Like x 1
  10. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

So, if I understand you correctly, you don’t want to pay for the new game but you would buy two of the routes. Imagine now if the game costs £35 and routes cost £30 each (rather like TSW adjusted for inflation) you would rather get the upgraded version of the game for free and then pay £60 for the two routes than pay £35 for the upgrade and get three routes included. I think DTG would bite your hand off. And you don’t want the new features anyway.

I think a lot more people are going to be happy with the new TSW than are going to be unhappy with it. It promises to be better than the current TSW in many ways, with some great new features, the foundation for further improvements and three new routes from the off, all for what probably won’t be an excessive outlay. It’s not exactly what everyone wants but nothing in life is exactly what everyone wants.

• Like Like x 3
  11. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

No one is going to stick to TSW2020 if they want too they can but i don't think they are

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  12. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

Isn't this pretty much how every other game operates? I mean Farming Sim has paid updates every 2 years, most sports titles have annual paid updates (and in the case of FIFA 20, it was repackaged FIFA 19 with new player data on some systems), aggressive monetisation and/or paid gambling.

If you want TSW but the upgrade price for TSW2 isn't good value to you then wait for a sale, If you don't want TSW2 spend the money on something that'll bring you joy. At the moment I'll be doing the latter because I haven't seen enough to make me want to upgrade, and by the time I do I suspect the upgrade will be much cheaper! You can also see how much of what is promised actually happens or what direction the game is taken in (Oh Hai Abandoned Andromada, Destiny 2, Fallout 76 "$100 SUBSCRIPTION PACK!" etc)

Waiting should also mean the worst bugs are patched out, but this is the games industry so don't be surprised if that doesn't happen.

• Like Like x 1
  13. femmerton

femmerton Member

The routes are going to get longer I believe. Sand patch summit is an old route but it is 60-70 miles and the german route with the ICE 3 is 60-70 miles as well. I think the bakerloo line is the full route in train sim world.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Tizdaz

Tizdaz New Member

The game is £25? It will be £25 that will go to help on future updates/add-ons & development. This is what a lot seem to forget. I'm more than happy to support a dev for future development of a game I enjoy playing, simple!

• Like Like x 1
  15. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

It's only 25 pounds or $30

16. SJA

SJA Active Member

But... you don't? You can just keep what you've got and enjoy that.

As fabdiva points out, there are many out there using more aggressive monetisation practices than charging for a whole new feature set. I don't see the issue here -- TSW doesn't have the same massive catalogue of DLC to help pay the bills that TS2020 has, hence no free upgrades like what TS2020 gets.

If you're more of a casual player, there's probably higher priority stuff for you elsewhere and you can pick this up in a year or so when it goes on sale. If you really like it, then by spending money on the upgrade you are supporting further content development for it.

I can understand people having tight budgets, and that's another reason why you should wait and see if this upgrade/new version is for you before you decide that you're being ripped off.

17. ECML125

ECML125 New Member

Enjoy, You must be having a laugh, it's a steaming turd (TSW1)