PC Old Tsw 2020 Routes

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Gswales, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Gswales

Gswales Member

With the launch of Train Sim World 2 I understand we can bring the old content over. Will there still be DLC created for the old routes and will the old routes receive updates or will there be forgotten about?

2. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

3. Gswales

Gswales Member

Yeah I have read the announcement just seems a shame that nothing more will be done with the preserved routes and that no content will be added to them. There so much more that could of been done with them

• Like Like x 2
  4. JGRudnick

I agree, it would be nice to see the old routes updated.

5. Gswales

Gswales Member

From the sounds of it and if it sound how that announced it in the post that if and when steam trains come to Train Sim Workd we won’t be able to use them on routes like NPT GWE and West Somerset Railway that is just a shame after the money players spent on those routes including me. I feel that this is one important fact that needs clarity and explanation!!!

• Like Like x 2
  6. JGRudnick

I'd hope they'd figure out a way to make new dlc like steam engines compatible to run on the old routes.

7. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

The West Somerset is crying out for a steam locomotive but now it's not going to get one! Maybe they have plans for another heritage line like the Severn Valley for example in TSW2 but steam is another update away according to the announcement so I'm not holding my breath.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

I think if they make the routes compatible with UE 4.2x, the new rolling stock should work with those. The routes will technically become a 4.2x version of themselves. The new stuff won't work with TSW1 because the game as a whole stays in 4.16. There is a possibility that the quote "The preservation work may bring some performance benefits depending on your platform, but they will be as they are now. Preserved not remastered." means they're ported with no changes made to them. CSX HH was the first route in the game and even Matt said it was badly optimised, so it definitely had to be reworked, they probably used new foliage, which is less demanding on performance. They have mentioned new physics for the cars on HH, which is present with most of the later rolling stock. So... if we give them the benefit of the doubt, it COULD mean that the routes are simply untouched, but might still receive new content ("not remastered").

• Like Like x 2
  9. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

I suspect they used CSX to develop and refine features such as adhesion.