Toxic People On The Forums

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by xpert2036, Jun 10, 2020.

1. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

The forums is full of toxic people that are rude.Many people are attacking people because they don't like what DTG is doing they constantly say that they hate DTG's work or they aren't going to buy or play the game again.If you don't like what DTG is doing than don't take it out on someone that is trying to have fun on the forums.And they don't like DTG's ,like if you don't like there services than don't use the forums if you constantly spam the same damn thread about how DTG is horrible people arenn't going to listen to them.There might even be toxic people in the comments too.(Im not a fanboy of DTG I don't buy every dlc from them they do make mistakes,again there might be a lot of these toxic people in the comments, the forums were never like this before :( I won't be responding to these toxic people anymore

• Like Like x 10
  2. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

Don't bother responding to the toxic ones, just report them.

• Like Like x 4
  3. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

Unless there really toxic then i'll report the post

• Like Like x 1
  4. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

xpert2036 It's the internet, everyone seems to like to get their opinion known!

Anyway... Click on their avatar picture, then click on ignore on the window that pops up. Easy, you then can't see the toxicity that's bothering you. ;)

• Helpful Helpful x 3
  5. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

I forgot about that never used it ever

• Like Like x 2
  6. JohnnyK98

JohnnyK98 Well-Known Member

Flaming simply means that someone's being extremely rude, abusive or aggressive. ;)

PS: I saw you on Twitch! My nickname's TrueQuaker :D

7. djhawtin1

djhawtin1 Well-Known Member

Hi TrueQuaker

8. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

There has been a similar post made in another part of the forums and I would just repeat the post I made there.

The correct way to go about this is to message DTG Protagonist by starting a conversation from the envelope at the top right of the screen.

Trying to whip up a frenzy of public support is not going to achieve anything other than most likely getting yourself a ban as well.

DTG Protagonist is hot on any kind of bullying, either actual or implied. Believe me, I know!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2020
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  9. djhawtin1

djhawtin1 Well-Known Member

I did aswell

• Like Like x 1
  10. longo239

Personally, there are a few people on the forums who have very strong opinions and can be very forthright in the way they express those opinions. Sometimes they do need to reign it in a little or type a reply, read it, think about it, read it again before posting. I speak from experience!

On the other side, there are people who are far too easily offended. For instance, I am fully aware that the use of "fanboy" is specifically mentioned in the new forum rules as not being allowed. It was used in another thread, wrongly, as per the rules, by a member. It was followed up by a post from another member who said that he found the word "offensive".

I'm sorry but if you are finding words like that offensive, if you are under 12, then I imagine it could be upsetting, but if you are old enough to drink and vote then you really need to be having a long hard look at yourself in the mirror!

Just because someone has a different opinion to you on the forums doesn't mean that it's toxic, it's freedom of speech, we are all allowed an opinion!

Not everyone is going to agree about everything all the time and I'm sorry to say the real world isn't full of candy floss clouds and unicorns!

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  11. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

The difference is tone and direction. You can disagree with someone's position without yelling or describing them as an idiot. If you cannot argue your case without resorting to namecalling, you don't have a very strong argument.

• Like Like x 5
  12. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

Well none of this matter's because I am just going to leave the forums until the storm is gone or until there is an interesting route coming to TSW2 so bye everyone :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that it’s come to this for you- to leave the forums completely because of some of the over the top ‘nonsense’ that’s been going on in the forums lately. I’ve been seeing some of this too, and I don’t like it anymore than you do. I would suggest that you just not interact with some of these folks in text, ignore or filter their posts if you can, etc. If they truly get out of control in their texts and direct their anger towards you, then report the offending texts if you have to... but don’t simply leave the forums to get around these issues. Stand your ground... you have a right to be here.

I wish you luck... hope to still see you around these parts.

• Like Like x 1
  14. longo239

I'm sorry you have decided to leave, again.

But as far as I have seen, no one has made personal attacks against you, certainly not in public and if they had I'm sure the community manager would have dealt with them swiftly.

However, just because someone's opinion isn't the same as yours doesn't make it "toxic" or wrong.

Also, you don't have to read everything on the forums. If you do read something you don't agree with, enter into a discussion and state why you disagree, give your opinion and reasons you hold that opinion, rather than a one line post.

Alternatively, if you have read something in a thread you don't like or agree with then just don't read that thread anymore.

There are a lot of threads on here currently that are expressing unhappiness and even anger towards DTG.
    Yes, there are too many, because as a company, software developer, in fact anyone providing a customer service, one negative piece of feedback is too much.

But, those people who are in your opinion saying all these "toxic" things, are not just a group of people working their way around the Internet looking for forums to cause trouble. They are like you, customers of DTG, who like you have spent possibly hundreds of pounds or dollars or euros, on TSW. They are just as passionate as you.

There are a lot of new members, and some who have been members for a long time but never post much, who have felt the need join the forums or post messages. Many of whom are not pleased with the current situation.

But the situation is of DTG's making, it is they who have made the decisions. They have made certain statements in the past, which people have rightly or wrongly taken as promises. They have created this disharmony which currently exists.

So if you are going to be angry or upset with anyone, maybe it should be with DTG.

Not angry with them because you disagree with their decisions, but angry with them because they are largely responsible for the "toxic", "storm" or "nonsense" as you call it.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

...just clarifying my earlier text for everyone’s benefit, so there is no confusion about what I wrote and what I meant.

I am not referring whatsoever to any of the folks that are upset with DTG right now when I use the term ‘nonsense’... they have the right to express their feelings just like anyone else that’s part of these forums- as long as they don’t unfairly lash out at anyone else in the forums that feels differently. By ‘nonsense’, I was actually referring to some of the posts I’ve seen over the last few days from one member, that are clearly (way) over the top in my opinion and could definitely be justification to have this person banned. And that kind of over the top posting doesn’t belong in these public forums or in any other in my opinion- and I’m sure many others here feel the exact same way about that, regardless of which side of the fence they’re on regarding DTG right now.

I guess that’s all I have to say about that... hope this helps to clear things up a bit.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 3