Hold Any Further Questions For Now Please

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DTG Protagonist, Jun 10, 2020.

1. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

We have a packed Q&A list for tomorrow already that we're going to try to get through all of.

We will be deferring answers on a few topics - particularly relating to individual routes - because we want to cover everything route related in individual streams (and because this stream is already quite likely to run for a couple of hours).

We're not ducking anything, but there are a few topics that need to be covered slightly closer to launch date.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed a question so far.

• Like Like x 15
  2. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

Thank you for putting a list of questions together and having a Q&A, as it is great for this community! I’m sure we all can’t wait to find out more about TSW2! I love this new direction we are headed in and I hope that everyone in this community respect each other and DTG for making a great thing even better!

• Like Like x 4
  3. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

想了解有關TSW2的更多信息

4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

You maybe able to read what you wrote but not many others can

• Like Like x 3
  5. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

When is the stream tomorrow? 5PM CEST just like the announcement was?

• Like Like x 1
  6. 37114

37114 Active Member

Will any of the new features be shown in the stream?

7. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

Will you add some of this Q&A also to TSW2 website or post there later after stream?

8. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

It's only Q&A.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

You want to know more about TSW2

10. DTG Protagonist

You will definitely know more following tomorrow's stream.

• Like Like x 6
  11. 37114

37114 Active Member

Getting excited now.

• Like Like x 2
  12. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

Will the Q&A be recorded so it's available to watch afterwards?

13. Anthony Pecoraro

Yes. It's saved on YouTube.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Ali D

Ali D Member

If you look on ts 2020 there is already a Baker loo line, ice 3 line, and we know there is sand patch... I believe these are just being recycled??..

15. Anthony Pecoraro

No. They are built from scratch.

• Like Like x 1
  16. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

They use different building software.If they recycled it we would have everything

• Like Like x 2
  17. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

Just one more question for DTG Protagonist , is tonight's stream going to be live or is it a pre recorded Q&A?

18. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Some models may be reused, as we can quite often see some Train Simulator buildings in TSW, but most of the stuff must be pretty much made from scratch. Even if the train models can be reused (assuming they're good enough quality), they are still put together in a much different way in TSW.

The reason we see routes in TSW that are already in TS is because when they already have the licence to the route/rolling stock and the bunch of info about them, then it's much easier to make the route/trains again. I noticed this pattern when they released the Peninsula Corridor route, because the same route for TS was released not long ago before the TSW version.

19. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

It might be pre recorded because it's suppose to be Matt & Sam.I mean we will have to find out later at sometime

20. uvm0902

uvm0902 Well-Known Member

Мне хочется более реалистичной динамики в салоне при прохождении поворотов и поворотов, подпрыгивании на стыках рельсового пути, рывках при разгоне, раскачивании кабины на высоких скоростях.

внешние звуки при просмотре из окна кабины должны быть громче и ярче при соединении колес поезда, другие - от звуков кабины при открытом окне.

Необходимо корректировать освещение зоны, когда прожектор и габаритные огни включены в темноте.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
  21. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

Here's my friend google translate

I want more realistic dynamics in the cabin when cornering, turnouts, bouncing at track junctions, jerking when accelerating. Need louder external sounds of movement when viewing from the cockpit window, others - from sounds in the cockpit when the window is open. It is necessary to adjust the lighting of the area when the spotlight and the side lights are turned on in the dark.

• Like Like x 1
  22. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

Я не говорю на вашем языке, но я полностью согласен с вами-I don't speak your language but I totally agree with you

• Like Like x 1
  23. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

It will be a live stream at 8pmBST

• Like Like x 1
  24. Matto140

Hi DTG Protagonist, thank for stream and RR crossing answer
    If new O&A are strated to be collected for next TSW2 Q&A streams I have some:
    • Will GP40-2 DLC be remastered to support new CSX-HH route?
    • Have TSW2 a better tools and techniques for route enviroment, especially for representing trees/forest at bigger draw distances?
    • Have TSW2 a new camera options, especialy Trackside Camera?

• Like Like x 2
  25. ex-railwayman

ex-railwayman Active Member

Playstation 5 is being released in Q4 2020 according to Sony, will this TSW2 be optimised to play on it, as I won't bother to get it if it can't.
    Have DTG devs looked at this issue, please?

26. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I don’t know if the timing of the release of TSW2 is significant in this regard but any game submitted for release on PS4 after mid July has to be able to be playable on PS5 and perhaps it was planned to be submitted for release before this deadline because it is not optimised for PS5. This is just speculation and although I have no intention of getting a PS5 it’s something a lot of people will be eager to know.

27. DTG Protagonist

You're welcome to use this or other threads to discuss the Q&A stream, but I'll let it drop as we're happy to receive questions.

28. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Hi Sam DTG Protagonist did you pick up my question please regarding Routes that I have that are not digital? I have GWE, RT, NEC on physical PS4 disc and everything else digital from the PS Store. Sounds like when TSW2 comes out we will download all our digital purchases into the new game but how would I get GWE, RT, NEC? Will they be released digitally somehow for all those that only have them on the disc? Will this be a free transaction? Thanks

29. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

Hi Sam why is it that we can't use the editor for our existing routes on TSW2

30. Anthony Pecoraro

Not compatible.

31. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

I don't know how stupid I was when I kept on saying it was a different software so that makes more sense that there would be no editor for preserved content but there might be a good add on that we might need to use editor on?But why wasn't there editor already

32. Matto140

Preserved and new collection don't work the same. New one will fully support everything new, old will be playable but it will not interact with new TSW2 addon and vice versa.
    And remastering can be long proces. As example, they can remaster OSD without any problem and release it with all TSW2 features and improvements, but for PC-SFJ they have to remaster route, Baby Bulet and MP15DC at one step. Worst situation is about german content that is now very rich in interoperability so if they take it one by one than you lost interoperability for certain period of time.
    On the other hand, remastering of german content will be very welcome and most efective, because ussage of roling stock from other routes bring this addons to whole new level.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
  33. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

With the Bakerloo line coming what safety system is used on the trains I know heavy rail uses TPWS,AWS and DRA etc but what about the london underground stock?

34. praxidike.meng

praxidike.meng Well-Known Member

It has been explicitly stated in yesterdays Q&A stream that old TSW2020 content will not be upgraded with new features, therefore won't be usable in any content released after TSW2 launches.

35. Sintbert

Sintbert Well-Known Member

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Train...ground uses a square,fitted on the right side.
    They use a train stop system that open the brakepipe when you run a red light. But since you already get kicked out of the game when running the red light, i don't think you will ever hit it.
    Other than that they use a throttle handle that has to be constantly pressed down to drive or it will apply the brakes.
    For actually gameplay relevant safety systems that you would have to interact with while driving, i think there will be none.

36. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

Ah ok thanks this helps