Train Sim World 2

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by maxipolo12, Jun 9, 2020.

1. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

We're pushing to lock the price ASAP.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

Why the new routes are mandatory content?
    Can there be TSW2 version with only CSX-HH for smal price (about 10€) or even smaller for existing users?
    To be honest: I have CSX-HH since 10/2017, now I should buy it again, and from my point of interest ICE is 50% relevant, and Underground is not my cup of tee at all.

3. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

I've been looking at some other threads about this, and i see the same questions and questions that are relevant to know. Maybe one big thread about TSW2 is handy.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

I'm letting all the questions just spill on the forum ahead of Thursday's Q&A. We'll compile them all once we're done.

• Like Like x 2
  5. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

Ok

6. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

TSW2也兼容SLI?

7. fanta1682002

我想知道TSW2價格是多少

8. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

價格尚未發布

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. Tirpitz

Tirpitz New Member

In case you guys don't see my questions on the Steam forum, I'm reposting them here:
    1. Can we expect better performances in this new game ? TSW on a 1440p monitor with the PC that I have (Ryzen 5 3600 and RTX 2070 Super) has issues at saying @60 FPS, can we really expect better performances ?
    2. Will the game, one day, support VR ?
    3. Can we expect support (fixes, expansion, etc..) for older routes like your neighbors at Creative Assembly did with Total War: Warhammer content in Total War: Warhammer 2 ?

Thinking about it, a few more:
    4. Some members of the community aren't happy about the decision. There were techical problems in TSW that pushed you guys to make a new game instead of updating the current one ?
    5. There will be a discount for existing players ?
    6. Seeing this new "Adhesion physics", will TSW2 be more difficult and simulative than TSW ? With this I mean, if I take a train, during a storm, can I derail if I'm not careful or I can take my BR182 like in TSW and go at 230Km/h without derailing ?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  10. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Speak for yourself. I’m happy. I’m sure a lot of people want to see TSW progress to the next level and are happy to see a new improved version come along. Some people won’t be happy of course but you can’t speak for the whole community, so don’t.

• Like Like x 7
  11. fanta1682002

TSW2 我很高興

12. Tirpitz

Tirpitz New Member

Honestly, for me, getting a sequel, especially if it brings better performances and new features, is fine. But we can't deny that, there are players, especially on Steam, that are going crazy about this.
    And yes, I phrased it bad. Should be "Some members of the community aren't happy about the decision.". Changing now.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

Some members are happy about the decision to launch TSW 2.... I am another one of them...... But.... I am interested in why others are unhappy....? What exactly are your concerns.... about TSW 2....? What are the impacts that affect you negatively...?

As an aside... I note that there is an argument raging on the TS1 side of things about the current state of the TS1 core.... and very many people are actually asking for a core upgrade.... without DLC.... and are offering to pay for it.... to fund the work to fix bugs in the UI.... Interesting, eh?

• Like Like x 4
  14. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

Not entirely surprisingly there's bound to be a lot of questions on Thurday's stream. It's also a certainty that there will be a certain amount of ill-feeling. All of this will make the stream a bit of a nightmare to trawl through at a later date. I would like to strongly suggest an expanded and more comprehensive FAQ is subsequently posted on the website for the benefit of those who are unable to attend all or part of the stream.

• Like Like x 1
  15. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

I am excited for TSW2, because I wanted always the ICE3 and with the new "system" makes the game just more realistic.

16. fanta1682002

ÿes i see

17. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

This is a good point. I think a lot of people are forgetting that these core game updates with newer UE version, multiplayer, editor etc all cost money to develop. You can't expect DTG to work for free developing these things.

I'm certainly not asking or expecting a discount on TSW2 although I own TSW1. You are getting 2 brand new routes, (3 for console) that would normally cost £24.99 each. As long as TSW2 doesn't cost more than £49.98 I think it's a good deal considering you will get the (limited) editor, physics upgrades etc all effectively for free. And for those who aren't particularly interested in the new routes, you can wait for a sale and upgrade to TSW2 then when its cheaper.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Plastic Pal

Oooops - I think there is a problem with your NumPad.... you seem to have accidentally typed £49.98.... when you actually meant £19.98. It's easy to do - I often slip on the "1" and press the "4" on the NumPad.... when I am in a hurry, and after I have had three pieces of fried chicken and chips (fries), and my fingers are still a bit too greasy.

But other than that - yes - TSW 2 is a reasonably fair evolution, in my opinion... although it doesn't use UE5... not yet.... (but might now be more directly upgradeable to UE5, if they sort out their asset management properly.......)

19. LTEcactus

LTEcactus Active Member

Most of this is basic bug fixing and adding things that should have been in TSW from the start, like adhesion and dynamic weather.

The annoying thing is that we've built up a sizeable collection of DLCs to use, that will always be half finished, ie they won't have proper seasonal weather or adhesion physics. The weather is present in scenarios, so it shouldn't be difficult to add to service mode.

Idm if they charge for the editor or the new routes tbh.

• Like Like x 1
  20. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

I like actually to have a preview about the livery maker and scenario maker.

• Like Like x 1
  21. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

I think about TSW 2 the following:

1. positiv:

a. longer freight trains are possible now.

b. CSX HH comes to consoles. So console players like me can control the first time a heavy american mainline diesel - the AC4400W.

c. We will get with the ICE 3 the newest german high-speed train on a route that will offer a nice landscape.

d. We will get a complete underground route in London. A lot of forum members asked for.

e. The use of the current TSW stuff will be possible in TSW 2.

2. Negativ

After the release of TSW 2 we will get no new content for the current TSW routes.

If I compare the pros and cons TSW2 is definitely a good game, that I will definitely buy.

• Like Like x 1
  22. d_stevanov

d_stevanov Active Member

We need to create a poll: would you buy tsw2 ? yes/no/maybe That would be the best feedback.

• Like Like x 2
  23. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Variable adhesion was broken by UE. They removed variable friction from the revision of the engine TSW1 used. Nothing DTG could do about it bar move to a new UE version, which is what they're doing

• Like Like x 1
  24. mickelmickle

mickelmickle Member

i'm interested to see how the Scenario Planner works, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  25. Mr T

Mr T Well-Known Member

Maybe after the stream, providing they can state the price and concessions (if any). I think it's a little difficult for most people to indicate they'll buy something without knowing how much money they need to pay.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Bakerloo

Bakerloo Member

In regards to the 'New adhesion physics', it will be interesting how this compares to the wheel slip, wheel slide and WSP of some of AP's trains (e.g. Class 158 and Class 319).

I thought AP did a good job, except for the fact that it felt like an overused feature

27. Tirpitz

Tirpitz New Member

Well, someone wrote on the Steam forum, after I said "Really guys, you're all acting like childs. Wanting a refund because they announced a sequel ?", and I quote:

Personally, I'm indifferent. If it turns out to be good, I'll buy it, otherwise not. Simple as that.
    Also, isn't the Scenario Planner what everyone wanted ?

• Like Like x 1
  28. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

Don’t think so. But it would be good if they put separate routes on PC so people can pick what they want

29. ARuscoe

"They are selling what boils down to a basic update as a brand new game. Don't be fooled."
    Except this is what has been done for years throughout the software industry. Maybe we're spoiled nowadays by the likes of Apple and MS giving away OS updates because they make their money elsewhere

If it took time or effort to move the software from old UE to newer UE then I don't see why they shouldn't charge SOMETHING

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  30. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

UnlimitedMagic as they say:
    Train Sim World has always been about your collection, your choice of Add-Ons from your favourite region, time-period, diesel, electric, passenger, freight – your way.
    But TSW2 route pack is their choice so I just complain about this. If technical and law aspect don't allow them to upgrade current TSW app and they need to build new one that is OK (even paid).
    Or they need to force user base with mandatory route content because current status cause some problem to the game. Technicaly I have only CSX-HH even with TSW2020 when I uninstal DLC content. I don't get routes for free when game was updated to TSW and TSW2020, but one console version(PS4 ?) have built in NEC and RT in TSW2020 because they can't release them separately.

31. saint.russian

saint.russian Member

eeeeeeewwwwww :D:D:D:D:D LMAO
    wheel slip!!! quick throw some sand on there!

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
  32. geo_g73

geo_g73 New Member

Hi , what time and platform will the Q&A be on ?

• Like Like x 1
  33. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

8pm BST if im right and I think as same as the daily streams :) (twitch, mixer and youtube)

• Like Like x 3
  34. geo_g73

geo_g73 New Member

Cheers for that, I was thinking maybe it would be 5pm as the that was the usual stream time lately..

35. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

I thought it first but its not. I think they did it at 8pm because in other timezones 5pm is not a good time. (BST+1 is my timezone and its then around dinnertime)

• Like Like x 2
  36. geo_g73

geo_g73 New Member

Ive now got a few hours to complete some senarios on tsw in the meantime, so all is good...
    Looking forward to the q&a and to see what dtg have to say as the reaction seems to be mixed..

My initial reaction though was excited... and I still am..
    But like I say Im looking forward to the q&a..

Cheers

37. Plastic Pal

Well... I hope that it starts on time, and that the first hour is densely packed, because at 9.00pm we have the PS5 launch, and I will be switching over for that....

• Like Like x 1
  38. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

I hope to see you at the stream :D

39. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

I thought that the launch was cancelled

40. Plastic Pal

It was postponed until today. Sony have gone wall to wall with advertising it (for tonight) as well.... It's going to be BIG

• Like Like x 1
  41. npalmer405

npalmer405 Member

How detailed can I get when I make a scenario. Or how detailed can I get when I make my own livery?

• Like Like x 1
  42. ARuscoe

From what matt said, the scenario editor is pretty good, even from what I know of TSx editor in that regard
    They discuss the livery creator in good detail too. 500 layers of varying shapes and sizes that when saved gets compressed into a texture so it doesn't kill your memory when it loads.
    Only downside is in game you only get two AI options, the default livery and whatever livery you're driving. So if you create a blue, pink, yellow and green livery on a white train, if you choose the yellow one to drive you'll only see yellow and white on that drive. Pick blue, it'll be blue and white. Pick white, they'll all be white

• Like Like x 1
  43. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

I'm open to correction but there was no mention of scripting or giving instructions and notifications. At present it sounds like an enhanced Quick Drive which is great for those who like that type of thing. Equally it seems that sharing is off the agenda for the forseeable future.

44. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Yeah it sounded like a bit better quick drive, but from what they said it doesn't sound like there is option for stuff like couple this, uncouple that, go around, etc. Also you can only use pre-made consists. So it's good for setting up a ride in short time, easy to use, but not really powerful because it's just go from A to B with these stops.

And it's going to be especially pointless as of now, becaus the only routes you will be able to use them on are the Sand Patch Grade, the ICE route and the london underground. On Sand Patch there really are not many places to stop other than going from one end to the other (especially if there is no option to do shunting and such), the underground just goes along the line anyway, not much chance to make anything "new" on it, and pretty much same for the ICE that goes from A to B.

• Like Like x 2
  45. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

With the Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen we get also the DB BR 442 (Talent 2), with that we can use scenario planner a bit more than with the ICE 3

• Like Like x 1
  46. ARuscoe

From 32:50 in the video til 44:00

From the brief statements given we learned a few things:
    • The scenario editor is a graphical interface on all platforms.
    • You CANNOT use TSW1 locos on any TSW2 route in the planner
    • You can set time of day
    • You can set start, end, stop points... they didn't mention go vias
    • You can do this for your own consist, you can do this for AI
    • You can mix stoppers, fast and freight
    • There is no limit as to how many trains can go on a route. The limit (as of today) of how many trains fit on the route length
    • No consist builder included, but lots of prebuilt formations
    • You cannot use your own designs from the designer as yet, but they're working on it

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  47. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

They also didn’t mention saving of the scenario you have planned. I’m hoping it’s not ‘design a scenario, drive it once, it’s gone’ and that there will be some save slots for your created scenarios.

• Like Like x 2
  48. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

Well lets put this question in a thread :D

• Like Like x 1
  49. ARuscoe

I picked up on that too... maybe DTG Protagonist can have that as a future question for the streams

• Like Like x 1
  50. ARuscoe

Just tag them in the comment as above. That way it comes up on their notification stream