Looking Forward To Tsw 2!! Positivity!!!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jamiebrannan13, Jun 10, 2020.

Tags:
  1. jamiebrannan13

jamiebrannan13 Member

I’ve seen a lot of negativity towards the new release. For me it’s mainly pros in favour of the new game and very few cons, the only con it’s you loose your save data, however that’s not the end of the world for me! I still get to use my existing routes so happy days!!

Roll on the new release, I’m just glad development is continuing into Train simulation for Xbox!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. tokatails08

tokatails08 Active Member

Yeah same, I want to see what DTG are capable with the new engine they are using, it’s a bit sad data isn’t transferable between games but I’m not to concerned. I want to see whether DTG will make longer routes with this engine and I already see they have better quality.

• Like Like x 1
  3. jamiebrannan13

jamiebrannan13 Member

Longer routes would be amazing in terms of value for money, however for me anyway, it’s unlikely that id Finish a 200 mile route in one sitting for example, so even if they just doubled it for now to day 70-80 miles routes then for me that would be perfect. I’m sure all this will come in future though.

before TSW I think most hoped for a train simulator on Xbox/PS4 - but when TSW come out I was amazed with the quality, of course there’s bugs and things we’d improve but in general for a console simulator with as many interactive buttons etc as it has I think it’s brill even with short routes

• Like Like x 2
  4. james94

james94 Member

I feel the same! The only thing I would like to see is a bit more transparency surrounding new DLC releases, which seems to be happening with the new roadmap. It would also be nice to get them a bit more frequently to try and get anywhere near the content that TS has but that comes with time I guess. However I am very excited for the new release!

• Like Like x 3
  5. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

I'm really excited for the release of tsw 2 I can see where some negative responses are but I I'm so excited as there are 2 routes I'm looking forward to like the bakerloo line hopefully they can improve that route where world of subway 3 went wrong with the circle line by being buggy. Also would love if we had the ability to control the announcer as well and having operating cameras and mirrors but I'm sure that may be a bit intensive but can only hope.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Lightspeed

Lightspeed Well-Known Member

Same! I’m looking forward for TSW 2, mainly for the new ICE train and London Underground Bakerloo line. CSX:Heavy Haul is a bit meh! To me as I’m mainly good at passenger services instead of freight.

7. JohnnyK98

JohnnyK98 Well-Known Member

I haven't watched the stream yet, but tomorrow I'll have a look. From what I've read in the forums, I see a lot of reoccurring issues/complaints.
    I know that updating an entire game engine isn't exactly the easiest thing. For example, Soedesco updated the Unity engine for Truck Driver (Xbox One/PS4), and it completely broke the game. It's been more than a month, and they're still having to fix it. TSW2 seems like a bigger leap forward in terms of simulation/next-gen engine.
    I could be wrong.
    I'll watch the stream tomorrow. :)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on the stream after you watch it.

• Like Like x 2
  9. jamiebrannan13

jamiebrannan13 Member

Exactly the same here! I’m not too fussed on freight route personally I prefer passenger routes, more so routes that you can go backwards and forwards on for a while for example routes such as main spessart bahn or east coast way

• Like Like x 3
  10. JohnnyK98

JohnnyK98 Well-Known Member

I finally watched the stream, and I can imagine it must've been challenging for Matt, because these were not easy questions to answer.

Sam is doing his very best to be honest and clear with the community with black-or-white answers... And I get it (just look at our community), but sometimes things are not so black and white. And because there was no 'grey' zone, I am left feeling like Matt had a lot more to say or share about the future of TSW, but was unable to. I've never seen a gaming company be this transparent with their audience (there's a reason nobody else does this - but DTG did because they care).

What Matt said about the leap to the newer Unreal engine completely makes sense to me - and that's what I'm most excited about.
    I think we take it for granted how difficult, challenging and costly it is to make video-games, especially with a game engine that does not want to cooperate. However this new Unreal engine seems to be much easier to work with. There will be less time having to fight and work on the 'minor' issues, and more time spent elsewhere. It's a no-brainer to make the move, especially from a business perspective; and I do think we'll see a lot of great things coming to fruition in TSW2.

Overall:
    Yep, I'm still excited for TSW2. I remain optimistic. I know a move like this was not easy to do; but in the long run it makes sense. And I thank DTG for their honesty.
    Now let's see some gameplay. :D

• Like Like x 4
  11. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

I’m also excited for it’s release, especially the fact that us console players FINALLY get Sand Patch Grade! Also the first high speed route is coming, as well as the first subway line!:D

Of course there are some things that DTG could improve on but it’s mainly a great sim to play, especially with the amazing attention to detail when it comes to rolling stock. Yes I would also like to see TSW 2 gameplay, can’t wait for when that stream comes, and how everything works such as the livery and scenario editors, and how to use them! Mainly it is an impressive and massive leap forward in the development for TSW, I hope we can actually get longer routes after it’s release, and overall I am pretty excited for it, I’m reserving some points to be later redeemed for Xbox gift cards!

• Like Like x 2
  12. russianchip

russianchip Guest

It was a massive change actually hearing proper updates on the game and Sam is doing a great job putting the company on the spot and getting yes or no answers.

I’m really looking forward to the game and seeing what can be done on Xbox One X.

I’d prefer to be able to choose which route to have on launch as I’m only interested in UK routes so an option to have the core update and select Bakerloo line.

This is going to be a great leap forwards and keep going with the Q and A streams.

Really looking forward to this and saving up points and gift cards already!

• Like Like x 2