Euro Fishing Tackle Points And A Day Ticket Water

Discussion in 'Xbox' started by VILLE BOY, Oct 6, 2017.

1. VILLE BOY

VILLE BOY Member

Dear dovetail,

Having reached level 25 and boss fish hunting has accumulated me a lot of TP and I have bought all the tackle so I have nothing to spend them on. I thought why don't you construct a day ticket lake full of the boss fish from all the lakes currently available and charge tackle points to fish it or real money if a player has not got enough TP to use. This would mean that every take would be potentially the fish that we are fishing for rather than having to wade through tons of stock fish. I would have something to spend my TP on and catch my target fish. And you could make a little money too. Being a day ticket the pass should last no longer than 24 hours. Do you think this is worth considering?
    Many thanks
    Richard

• Like Like x 1
  2. SPACE ODDITY

SPACE ODDITY Active Member

I like this idea, but my only concern is that there would not be enough boss fish in the whole game to fill a lake.

3. Spankus Munky

Spankus Munky Member

Not for me. Firstly I hate the idea of a 'pay to fish' in a none free 2 play game, anyone that could think that idea is one to even be considered in a paid title is anti consumer in my opinion. My second issue is the whole point of the Boss Fish is the hunt, if you take that away or dilute the experience then you might as well just remove Boss Fish altogether.

First of all we need more species of fish (Pike, Dovetail) which should mean more baits & rigs which should cost TP that should account for a good amount. Remaining TP should be solved in one simple way from my perspective. Cosmetic Items, do a crate system that gets you hats, shirts, pants, shoes, bait alarms, titles. The crate system basically takes care of the TP issue in that you have to risk it to get rewarded so you can't just buy what you want and be done with it, but you are not hamstrung by not being able to get the tackle/bait you need.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  4. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

Nooooo. Just nooooooo. Don't turn this into Fishing Planet with it's horrible pay to play system

5. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Tackle points are a problem, think I have 90,000 odd and no need or intention to spend them. I have all the rigs, baits and very small selection of reels, lines and rods that do the job. The problem is that the game mechanics mean you don't need to buy everything to catch all the different types of fish, simple selection does the job and buying the rest is really just to say "I have all the kit from the tackle shop". If the game was tactically more difficult there might be some leverage in line breaking strains etc but it isn't as it stands. Any redeeming of TP points in my opinion would need to be actual things that are linked with the actual catching of fish - Bait, rigs or unlocking extra boss fish etc. Completely agree there is a fine line between a "pay per play" game and rewards for being good at it. Not too bothered about clothes etc... Adds nothing to the game for me and i'd personally not buy that sort of thing and stick with having thousands of points in the bank unused.

6. Spankus Munky

Spankus Munky Member

Personally I like to have fun with the game. Sure, you can catch everything using the same old baits & lines, But you don't have to. Ever tried bringing in a big 40lb+ Boss on 3lb line? I have, took me forever but it was a different experience. I also set challenges to myself try i.e. catching a 20lb+ fish on artificial maggot.

For the clothing it's simple. You ever played Multiplayer with 4 friends or random people? Notice the all wear the same stuff and look like 4 doppelgangers walking around? I have and it's a little basic and boring that 14 months on its still the same. What better way to spend those TP (over 240,000 waiting to be spent btw) while introducing something the wont break the fishing experience

7. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Appreciate what you're saying and nothing wrong with some having some "fun" as you put it and setting some challenges. Just in my opinion though when you get to the position in any video game where you are setting yourself little challenges, for me it means to a certain extent that the actual main game life is near the end - I think refreshing things with new baits, fish etc keep it exactly that, fresh. No idea if you play other video games but I do the same with FIFA, by near the end of each edition I am editing players, teams etc for fun and really it's trying to just prolong the game play until the next one is out. The programmers could learn a lot and it's been covered on here in many other posts regards new species and different water types - Would stop it getting very repetitive and almost make the TP debate go away as it only seems to be an issue if you have nothing much else to do within the game.

8. Spankus Munky

Spankus Munky Member

Oh I agree we need more Species (and not just more Carp) I would love Pike, Perch, Barbel, Chub and so on. I never would have chosen Koi like they have, but I guess it's an easy solution for them after all it's just a new skin over the Carp models in game and no need to add new disciplines. Sure the rigs are as basic as can be and need overhauling, But, these require more than a few months of work to get right and they are seeing our feedback even if we are not aware they are taking it on board. All goes back to that key thing I think Dovetail need to address: Communication

Do I play other games? Sure do 187000+ gamerscore on Xbox, Trophy lvl 18 or so on Playstation, Own a Gaming PC & a Wii U. However I like fishing, fishing has no end point to me you catch, release, catch... the cycle continues. Is the game at end of life for me personally? No. I love catching Bosses, it's my first aim when the release new ones into the game. However just because I catch them all doesn't mean i'm done, there are 100's more in there to catch. Xbox records my time at 13d 6h 14m playing this game alone, and I still see no end in sight for me personally, in fact if they can fix the float fishing and add more disciplines & species like Pike (*Hint, Hint Dovetail) then that can easily quadruple before the end is in sight for me with this game

9. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Im still enjoying it, not caught anywhere near all the bosses either! The on land bug and now the bait drifting has but a dent in my enjoyment but still play it regularly, although I have gone back to St Johns as my preferred water for now as thats the one I get the most enjoyment out of. New species as its been said many times on here is a must - Carp, Carp and more Carp even when you're catching boss fish in between does get dull - Especially as they are so prolific, Piranha like almost!

10. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

Hey all,

Something like a day ticket lake with the boss fish sounds like a fun idea, however there is are fewer boss fish than we would typically use to populate a lake. So we would either want to have a rather small lake, or populate it with normal fish as well as the boss so that it doesn't feel sparse.

Character customisation is something that we would like to do so this could be a potential place to spend your excess TP but as Chizz has said, it isn't for everyone.

In future we will be looking to bring new species to the game with pike one of those that has been discussed for adding in.

• Like Like x 1
  11. VILLE BOY

VILLE BOY Member

I think it would be fine with less fish populating it in fact I would prefer it to be hard to catch them to give that sense of having achieved the capture.

12. Spankus Munky

Spankus Munky Member

While they are at it why don't they add the ability to purchase with TP or real money the option to drain any lake for you to walk around pick out the individual fish you want to catch and just pick him up and add him to the list of caught fish?

If this All Bosses in one lake thing happens i'm done with the game.

Add Bosses to old lakes, give us incentive to fish old lakes people have fished to death. But this is not an idea anyone with this games interests at heart would be behind.

If people want Bosses, work for them, jeez they are not even hard as it is...

• Like Like x 2
  13. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Definitely would favour added new boss fish to existing lakes rather than an a new all in one lake with the same re -hashed bosh fish to catch. I'd quite like the idea of added new boss fish that are unknown in detail until you catch them. It will add a little bit more of the unknown, you know there is a new boss('s) fish but no idea what species, name or size it is.... In the boss fish section for each lake, it would just show 3 or 4 blank cards....