Will You Buy Tsw 2?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by longo239, Jun 11, 2020.

?
  1. Yes, as soon as possible.

2. Possibly, eventually.

3. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

Lots of opinions after the announcement so what are your intentions?

• Like Like x 5
  2. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Day 1 purchase for me.

• Like Like x 10
  3. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

100% yes!!

• Like Like x 7
  4. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Impossible to say at the minute until I've seen a) price, b) ALL features and c) Q&A answers from the live stream.

I'm hoping we don't lose features like Service Mode and Passenger Mode, if anything, hope they get more advanced.

I'm wanting to see improvement in graphics, wet platforms when/been raining etc, condensation, flies on windows etc. Also, would like to see it less clean and plastic looking, have platforms and trackside more dirty. Include temporary speed restrictions, engineers, birds in sky etc.

Routewise, I already have Heavy Haul after purchasing TSW and I have no interest in having to buy this again as I have no interest in this route whatsoever.

I like the ICE3 and good to know it's going from Cologne (Only route/train I have travelled on outside UK) however still a little short.

Disappointed the UK route is underground but would still purchase it if even separate route, however, it's going to get boring quite quickly as I'd imagine there'd be no Pendo/Voyager/LO/350's as AI operating on the adjacent WCML, yet!

Really wanting there to be fully working P.I.S.

Wanting more working button controls and actually do something.

It deffo seems a step forward, but I want to see exactly what I'm getting before I say first day purchase etc.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. praxidike.meng

praxidike.meng Well-Known Member

I'm not quite sure where did you get the impression these could be absent in the new game? If you take a look at the FAQ's that were posted at the announcement date on Dovetailgames.com, you can see in the section about what is new in the Sand Patch Grade route that Service Mode is still present and is being upgraded with new services.
    From said site:
    "Sand Patch Grade is new to consoles for this release, but has also been optimised and updated for PC. We’re adding 14 new services covering switching in Cumberland Yard and 2 that add grain traffic to the route.(...)"

• Like Like x 2
  6. Scorpion71

I wasn't an impression so much, just a concern/fear as not only myself asked this question on this forum but many others have too without an official reply I could see. I didn't see the bit you quoted, probably because it was about Sand Patch which I would of just bypassed reading. :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

What alternatives you have? :| TSW2 is like the old year upgrade for DTG, nothing changed apart from the fact that this year is not free. The old version of the simulator gets "abandoned".

• Like Like x 3
  8. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

100% yes, as soon as its available.

• Like Like x 6
  9. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

Basically. Question really is at what cost. Full price ? Discounted ? same price as a single DLC then sure its kind of a no brainer to pick it up but at full retail.... then its a bit tricky

• Like Like x 2
  10. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

100%是,盡快提供

11. That's it for me as far as tsw goes. I've spent 100s on tsw for some routes with basic scenarios that are boring and not very creative and thought once the editor is released I can create my own and now dtg has delivered the blow saying there won't be a editor! And if I want one I've gotta spend 100s more on tsw2! Talk about pull my pants down. Then again they never have put in the work when it comes to scenarios, on ts I never new you could load containers onto the trains at ports until I started creating my own scenarios because that option was not included in all the dtg routes I purchased! Anyway tsw has now been uninstalled. I'm quite happy with train simulator where's there's plenty of third party content and the option to make my own routes with scenarios.

• Like Like x 3
  12. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

There is no confirmed price point, also buying TSW2 also does not get you access to the "FULL" UE4 editor so better not plonk cash down on it because you will really be fuming then :D

• Like Like x 2
  13. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Yes I will be buying it, on the day of release, whatever the price.

Reasons...
    1. If I don’t buy it then that means I’d be giving up on TSW and that’s the last thing I want to do.
    2. It looks fantastic and promises to be a big improvement going forwards.
    3. The price will no doubt be less than what those three routes would be separately.
    4. By the time it is released there will have been quite a long wait since the last British route, so day 1 purchase for me.

• Like Like x 8
  14. Sumit

Sumit Member

I will pass this untill UE5, an editor and Steam Locomotives.

• Like Like x 1
  15. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

I plan to get it right away. the only thing that would deter me would be price, but my fingers are crossed the price will perfectly reasonable. :D

• Like Like x 2
  16. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

No thanks.
    I might reconsider when DTG introduce some UK trains and routes to run in TSW2
    But for what comes with the base package - I don't play US so that leaves a DB route and the Underground route

• Like Like x 2
  17. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

Yes
    Since I’m a London Underground enthusiast

• Like Like x 3
  18. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

I won't be buying it as the three routes included are of no interest to me. If routes at time periods that appeal to me are produced I will reconsider but at the moment there is no reason to change and I will carry on with TSW.

• Like Like x 3
  19. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

Unless there's a seriously good discount, which I highly doubt, then I'll probably wait to see reports on how TSW2 performs, quality of the included DLC and of course just how good the scenaro planner turns out to be in practice e.g. is it just a glorified Quick Drive? It'll also be interesting to see just how long the new "transparency" lasts or if we'll be back to the same old, same old in a few months.

20. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Yes 100% getting it once it is out

• Like Like x 3
  21. Anthony Pecoraro

There will be an editor. Did you read the FAQ?

• Like Like x 1
  22. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I think everybody must read the editor section of the FAQ as ‘there might be an editor at some point’ as it reads more as a statement of intent than a statement of fact. Caution must be applied and although they might be closer to releasing an editor they have not confirmed there will definitely be one.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  23. Scorpion71

A statement by DTG since 2017 :D

• Like Like x 3
  24. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

I'm probably going to wait a few days to see what others have to say, and either buy it if it's good, or wait for a sale later on.

25. Scorpion71

100%

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

After watching the Q&A, deary me, let's face it overall nothing has changed!

No graphic improvements
    No sound improvements
    No dynamic weather
    Can't use Preserved Loco's on Scenario's in TSW2
    No PIS
    2D Map not changed

WHAT A LET DOWN!!!!! :(

• Like Like x 10
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  26. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

Just heard them say there won't be an editor.

• Like Like x 3
  27. OnScheduleW/ChickenWings

OnScheduleW/ChickenWings Member

In B4 the poll shifts

• Like Like x 2
  28. trinancrat

trinancrat Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  29. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

Looks like my "possibly" is heading towards a "No". Will have to think about it next year.

• Like Like x 1
  30. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

After the stream I have changed the poll options to allow people to change their minds. Prior to the stream, approx 85% of people were saying yes ormor they would be buying TSW2.

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  31. Mkdog45

I will still be buying it, £24.99 is a good price for 2 new routes (3 for the consoles) and looking forward to use the new editor and livery features.

• Like Like x 4
  32. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

Same, despite the news I will still be buying it, although really only for the new routes. Doesn't feel like it should be a new game, but at the same time the engine upgrades and the weird separateness of the original TSW routes means that I kinda understand why it is a different game as well.

Well... maybe. I guess I'll see...

• Like Like x 3
  33. Creefab

Creefab Member

I am totally shocked....what was this stream??? For me personally it was an absolute train wreck... I was so hyped for TSW 2... but now i'm just disappointed. Yes, some new features and an update for the unreal engine. (and routes of course) And the cost of around 25€ is also totally ok for me... but every feature Colonel Failure was asking Matt was answered with a "No".... Why did they make it like this??? Somehow that was just rude and unpleasent. That is totally not how you sell a product to a customer...
    How I saw it, the majority of the chat was also disappointed and pretty annoyed...
    It's obviously extremely good, to make the old DLCs for TSW2020 still playable... But why can't we drive these now legacy vehicles on the new routes. That just reduces the appeal a lot.
    Does someone know, if they are in some way angry at the community for some reason???
    Sorry for any spelling or grammer mistakes. I'm not a native Englisch-speaker.

• Like Like x 6
  34. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

但我仍然會購買

35. AyrtonS8

AyrtonS8 Well-Known Member

I will be buying it. London Underground is probably the biggest selling point of TSW2 for me personally but there are other reasons too. Interested to see how it does running UE4 4.23 compared to 4.16 that TSW2020 is on. Also the Livery Editor sounds cool. £24.99 is pretty good I think for 2 new routes and a improved 3rd route, was expecting around £40.

• Like Like x 3
  36. raildan

I think it just boils down to how things are converted to the new UE4 engine version. It clearly took a lot of work to get old TSW2020 routes working in the new routes, so... there's probably some difficult technical detail that would require them to rebuild the locomotives and routes from scratch to make them integrate fully with TSW2. Whic is why they are making it a new game, instead of just an upgrade...

At least, that's what I got from all this. NOT saying that makes things less disappointing, just trying to think of reasons why.

But really... you couldn't drive trains on other routes in the ORIGINAL game, so it isn't really that different. I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  37. Anthony Pecoraro

Because they aren't compatible.

38. jörgen Näslund

jörgen Näslund Well-Known Member

I think they were very good and straight answers. They promise nothing more than they can keep.
    it has been the big problem that they promise a lot of things and this does not happen.
    Matt have a large wish list but it is technical problems or the economy that make the company not go as fast as some want.

• Like Like x 9
  39. kalteVollmilch

kalteVollmilch Well-Known Member

I'll go with yes as well.
    Granted, todays news was disappointing. A lot of hopes (for me that bug where the sun shines through your train, shadow draw distance, and the abandonement of ALL old DLC) were destroyed.
    On the other hand, it is 25€ (I know, pounds, but I'll just roll with Euros for the moment), and I will be getting 2 new routes, one to which I highly look forward to. Normally I would pay about 24€ for just one route (I mostly preorder).
    Then, there is also a chance (this isn't decided yet, so this might not be true) for a loaylty discount, which, if it actually is a thing, I will gladly take.
    So all in all, for me not a bad deal, new game or not
    EDIT:
    While todays stream felt awkward at points, I appreciate the honesty that came with it. I prefer this over a polished, talk-everything-nice-stream

• Like Like x 3
  40. Creefab

Creefab Member

Thank you for your reply.
    Yes, this is understandable of course and i honor all the work DTG puts into the game. But so it should be possible, to drive the new trains like the ICE for example on every existing route or is there a problem as well. At least i haven't heard anything regarding that? Do you have more informations there?

• Like Like x 1
  41. raildan

They have said that the scenario planner will not work at all for TSW2020 routes, so, no, you would not be able to.

• Like Like x 1
  42. Creefab

Creefab Member

yes... in this regard i absolutely agree. The price is very good for what we are getting. So i will definitely buy TSW2. I allways hoped for seeing more veriety in AI traffic whilst driving on a route. Hauptstrecke Rhein Ruhr was really great in this regard, becouse a lot of different trains were driving around. But now with all the new routes, this whole thing beginns from scratch with the huge Cologne-station beeing mostely empty just like Hagen was in the beginning. But yeah... It's 25€ so no whining here :D

• Like Like x 1
  43. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

Doesn't seem like DTG can win. People complain when they don't communicate (me included) but now they are communicating and giving straight answers, that's not right either!

• Like Like x 7
  44. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

That was the selling point for me but still I will buy it the 1st day just in case they add metro north or some other good line

• Like Like x 1
  45. raildan

Even ignoring any of the new features, of which there are a couple, even if they aren't as big as people hoped... it's 2 routes for the price of one. So yeah, I'm still buying. Not changing my answer on the poll here.

Some will be disappointed about how the old TSW2020 routes won't really be supported that much or add new features, but the way I see it... they weren't really going to get that anyway, right? Nothing's changing there. So it's not like those are going to be worse off.

And I am definitely happy with the communication here, if this keeps up it will be easier to know what to expect in the future, even if that requires the first disappointing jump from the elevated expectations of their hedged answers in the past.

• Like Like x 3
  46. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I will be purchasing it, I think it is a step forward. For £24.99 you get two new routes which is a good deal as far as I am concerned.

• Like Like x 2
  47. Thelonius16

Thelonius16 Well-Known Member

The price is right. But I'm not excited about either of the new routes.

It will have been more than a year between (new) U.S. routes by the time this comes out. I might wait to see what the next one is before buying this. The promised roadmap is a great step in the right direction from that front, but I feel like the overall package is at best a half-step forward.

The total end of support for LIRR and other content is disappointing as is the apparent possibility that not all TSW1 content will move over.

EDIT: They are adding one feature I've wanted for a long time -- the ability to drive any train on any route that can fit it. But the lack of compatibility with the old content makes that a useless feature right now.

• Like Like x 3
  48. Mkdog45

I am also happy with the communication and look forward to more streams and hopefully they do do the monthly stream after release.

• Like Like x 4
  49. Creefab

Creefab Member

yes, thats true. I'm also very annoyed about people, that are doing nothing else than complain. Every time a new route came out, a huge amount of people were asking why not "This route" or "that route". That's unnecessary... And I'm definetly not this kind of person. I havn't complained once in the past, and still am a huge fan of TSW.
    But for me personally and as it seemt a lot more people, this kind of straingt answers were totally unexpected. And if you expect a more hopeful kind of answers, it can be shocking if suddenly they are direct and harsh. You could see that in the chat. In the exact moment, Colonel Failure denied the work on the full editor, the chat went riot and even accused DTG as liars.
    That happens when you train people to this kind of "hopefull answers" and then suddenly change it.

• Like Like x 2
  50. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

This was the killer for me. History repeats itself, now they've done this once they'll do it again.

TSW 3, with no bug fixes from TSW 2 included.

• Like Like x 11