Tsw 2 - Whats The Point Exactly?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by xD 2Bad4You, Jun 11, 2020.

1. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

So after watching the first Q&A Stream for the "new game" TSW2, i came up to the question:

What actually is the point of the new Game?

There´s the Engine Update from 4.16 to 4.23, okay. You would expect better Sound that doesnt clip out, keeps breaking but that was a No on Stream.

You would think adding some of the top community wishes like Station Announcemens, PIS, dynamic wheather, updated Mini Map, working crossings would be a great start for the new game but that all was a No aswell.

Okay there´s the Livery and Sceanario editor ingame. But you cant share your creations with other players or download those stuff that other players created. This seems like a half implemented feature again.

To those points add that there wont be any further fixes to old content (confirmed on the stream), a re used route in the new base package with Heavy Haul (even tho its a first on Console).

Why TSW2? We pay for the Engine Update which for me as a player wont bring much noticeable benefits?

It all seems to be stuff that would have worked on TSW1 aswell with no need of a new game.
    Even the Engine update could have been done since the "new Game" isnt priced any higher than a piece of Route DLC. So its not even a thing of making more Money.
    All it does is locking out content i bought for TSW1 to be used on TSW2 routes.

So please DTG enlight me why TSW2 needs to be thing and why it isnt a big step forward like i, as a player, would expect?

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
  2. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

I watched the stream & when matt said you can't use the new scenario editor for preserved content I was very mad but just in case they add A interesting line I will buy tsw2 on launch day

• Like Like x 1
  3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It appears that the main point is that you can now make a pink train. The first stream was not an encouraging one. The answer to all questions is now ‘No’ instead of ‘No news at the moment”. A few questions with a ‘Yes’ answer would have been nice but everything that has come before is essentially abandoned until DTG decide they want to reuse it in a new route, and everything else people want simply isn’t happening.

I’m the forum optimist, the Dovetail defender, one of the game’s biggest fans and they’ve managed to disappoint me quite a lot. I need a bit of a lie down after that.

• Like Like x 5
  4. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

Thats also me too but I am not going to defend them if they keep on disappointing us like you can't use preserved routes with the editor like really why

• Like Like x 2
  5. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Absolute load of rubbish and a massive let down. May as well of renamed it TSW1.1, because that's all it is and I'm not parting with a penny for it!

• Like Like x 2
  6. BRD

BRD Well-Known Member

I also try to see the positive things among all negatives, but from all this information given to us today? If I could, I would just give up on TSW and refund the entire collection. I'm very much disappointed.

So just to be clear, as it really seems I was not the only one who heard this right: As far as DTG are concerned, all of the "preserved collection" ( the older DLC released up until now and up until TSW ) are not getting any fixing on the bugs they've got? Are they for real?

The worst is that they're getting away with it nicely because people are still going to buy TSW2 no matter what.

I'd say I'd also buy TSW2, once the game actually IS developed enough to be worth to buy. Maybe I'll wait another 2 to 3 years, so I won't need to again buy an upcoming TSW3. :(

• Like Like x 4
  7. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Yep, I'm sitting this version out too, will keep an eye on proceedings but won't be spending a penny until it's dramatically upgraded. I just hope all those who do buy it don't bother complaining when they get the same old bugs and same old problems without being fixed and then having to move onto TSW3 and having to pay for the privilege

• Like Like x 3
  8. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

I agree. I thought the stream had the feeling of a wake, particularly from Matt, as if DTG know they can’t get away with hinting that stuff the community have asked for for ages like bug fixes, better lighting, PIS displays etc is actually coming when it’s not.

The thing I found most disappointing is that there will now be two tiers of trains and routes in TSW; ones from the first TSW which have no functionality with the new features in TSW2 and those that do. So the 377 from East Coastway can’t be used on the WCML with the Bakerloo line. It’s stuck on the East Coastway forever until DTG maybe, possibly remake it for TSW2. What’s is the point in bringing your current collection over when you loose all your progress and can’t use the new features with them? Might as well keep TSW2020 installed and keep playing them on there.

The only positive thing I see the price. At £24.99 I’ll get it but I can see why people won’t if they don’t want the new routes. I would have been willing to pay a much higher price if DTG had shown some more respect for our existing collections.

• Like Like x 1
  9. LTEcactus

LTEcactus Active Member

This announcement is basically a big f you to all of the TSW 1 players, we'll have to buy stuff like the BR146 again to use on Koln to Aachen
    They're not even bothering to fix bugs, stuff like the 155 and 47s on consoles, absolutely ridiculous.

If they are abandoning TSW 1, they should atleast fix most of the major bugs first.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

Well, now you know what it is like to get disappointed by DTG..... after you have expended energy defending them.... they can have (or have had...?) the curious ability to then suck more life out of you...

Oddly enough.... I am quite positive about the whole TSW 2 thing. The "honesty" and "clarity" bit is also really good - although I am not sure how long that will last. It was really good to see Sam keep Matt P on point... and specific.

I am slightly worried about this concept that is floating around that the TSW DLC is being completely abandoned in terms of bug-fixing... that has to be untrue.... I will be tracking this issue very closely.

At least we now know what the PS5 looks like.... ;-)

• Like Like x 2
  11. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’ve not looked at the PS5 yet, I’ve been walking round Germany looking for hammers. I’ve been disappointed by Dovetail before and I’m sure I will again but I will always look at the positives in the game I enjoy and the new TSW has to be better than the old one. It’s just the whole stream was like a teacher getting a naughty boy to explain to the whole class why his actions means sports day has been cancelled.

There were questions that needed answering but I would have expected even from Dovetail some yeses instead of the whole no no no thing. The questions were picked to get all the bad news out of the way in one fell swoop. I took notes while it was on so I wouldn’t necessarily have to watch the stream again because I knew there would be a lot spoken about but I haven’t dared look at them since the stream ended to see if there were any positive things in it in case I read a bad one I’ve temporarily forgotten about. The features segment of the stream was just an endless list of things that won’t be in TSW2 and it wouldn’t have harmed us to maybe name a feature that was going to be in it. Is it going to be much of an improvement if they couldn’t even tweak the shadow draw distance? That’s a thought that lingered more than most, and the no more bug fixes thing for legacy content might be true.

I feel that it may have made them look worse than they are because it was such a painful watch. I need more time to evaluate everything to be honest.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Rage607

Rage607 Member

In general I am optimistic towards TSW2, too.
    But I am no expert nor a pro in regards to these simulators.
    My hopes are, that the engine will run better.
    But your point(rebuying already owned routes and locos) is absolutely valid.
    I think it's valid, because it isn't avoidable.

13. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

If it is true that the Class 20 will be launched on 18th June 2020, and then have all support for it withdrawn on 6th August 2020... then there is a very major problem.... That would be enough for me to completely end my financial support for the game - I will literally never buy anything again. (Then again - I do have quite a bit to get through.....).

It's insane to think that they could wait two years to fix the Class 47 (due to be patched in the next week)... Presumably... if they had waited just a few weeks longer, then that major bug would never ever have been addressed... apparently... according to the stream (at 16:15) ;-O

This also means that anything that the company releases in future could be released broken (badly broken), and that it might never ever be fixed. Every purchase would be a complete gamble, as they would all have a "best-before" date, that might get breached.

It will be interesting to see how the bug reporting pages of this Forum are re-written, to make it clear that TSW content will not be supported - that is surely a priority task for DTG Protagonist, as otherwise people like TrainSim-Steve will get swamped with bug reports that they have no intention of ever fixing. This needs to be made absolutely clear, if it is actually true.

• Like Like x 2
  14. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It worries me that the bugs and issues list that DTG Protagonist has been collecting recently is being done so that DTG can publish that list with a big ‘will not be fixed’ next to every one, you know, for clarity. I might be wrong but that’s the impression I got from the stream.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

All the no’s in yesterdays stream does make you wonder what DTG do everyday when they go into work, other than the route building teams. Not a single flagship gameplay enhancement announced. You would have thought that they would have been working on something that people have been asking for to show they been listening. Dynamic weather, PIS system, station announcements, working GSMR, significant bug fixes, sharing of created content, increased draw distances, all no.

And what is the point on giving us a livery editor on three locos that only ever run in one or two liveries?Would have been better off giving us the Electrostar and the Talent 2 which have tons of livery variations. What this tells me is that the livery editor is being marketed to 5 year olds who just want to draw circles on their trains.

• Like Like x 4