Tsw 2 Route Extensions

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by darkage, Jun 11, 2020.

1. darkage

darkage Member

I know I may be a bit late and the stream is less than a couple hours away, but there's something I'd like to know about TSW 2 and UE4(UE5 starting next year).

For many years now I've been a long haul high speed enthusiast, and most of my time in TS2020 and ZUSI 3 for example, have been driving the german ICE and IC services (ICE 1, 2, 3, T, Velaro D, DB BR 101) and once in a while driving the Acela or a HST, and because route extensions are essential for future longer routes that allow for high speed services between more than 2 cities, my question is the following:

When TSW launched, we were told route extensions, at least the way they were done in TS2020, were not possible in TSW because the way content is baked (exported) from UE4, doesn't allow merging with additional content in order to extend previously released content, so it was clear this is an engine limitation and something EPIC would have to address. With now TSW 2 and it being in an updated version of UE 4, or even with UE 5 being launched next year, has DTG managed to find a solution to allow route extensions, either internally, or have you talked with EPIC about this or some other solution?

Thanks in advance

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
  2. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

Quote!!!

3. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

will there be any lirr route extension?

4. mainemanman

mainemanman New Member

5. railway12

railway12 Well-Known Member

Nope. Never.

6. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

If I understand correctly, the route can be ported over to TSW2 as it is. There will be no further development of extension of the current LIRR route for TSW. In order to include all the other branches and extensions of the LIRR, a brand new route would need to be created for TSW2 only.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

You did hear that correct no extensions to what will now be considered preserved routes. But that does not mean that new content cannot get extensions to them.

8. BRD

BRD Well-Known Member

Someone ( probably Muff if I recall correctly ) was able to join two German routes ( RSN + RRO ) and drive through the entire length of them.

If modding allows that, I'm sure DTG can do it as well.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Wait did that actually happened? If so I really want to see a video of it.

Anyway I believe it should be possible. The only thing they said is that us, users, wouldn't be able to clone and modify already exsisting content because of the way UE editor exports content. But they're the developers, they have the original route files, so they can always edit them, so if they wanted to, they could find a way around the problem.