Please Enable Br 204 On Ruhr - Sieg Nord It Would Be Extremely Ideal.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Gabe_1.0, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Well-Known Member

This is one of the old german lines which has alot of forest like setting with the classic engine, coal runs and other dirty work ;) As I am doing the coal run scenario it says a shunter will at the end of the line take over and handle all the coal cars after you deliver them. So this is one scenario for the BR 204. The diesel shunter will have to handle coal loading and sorting, getting the freight cars ready for departure. The Shunter could also do some local services with 4 double decker passanger wagons until the old style single deckers come on board in TSW. Plus this shunter on this line can give the electric engines a break and hawl some coal itself at some point. Plenty of dirty work to be done, just bring her over here ;)

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Gabe_1.0

I took this scattershot which mentions the shunter

Attached Files:

3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I played that scenario last night and when it mentioned the shunter I had the exact same thoughts as you. Rivet Games have gone to all that trouble making a diesel shunter that people have been asking for for years, and has so many potential uses on several routes, and now the whole TSW2 switch has most probably stopped it ever getting used anywhere else. I wonder how Rivet feel about this, it’ll decimate the ongoing sales of it. I very much doubt we’ll ever see it on RSN.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gabe_1.0

Isn't TSW2 just an update that would go out in the same fashion as Railworks evolved or a completely new simulation software? What's the path to TSW2, any info?

5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

All development of TSW and its content is to stop completely. TSW2 is a new game and TSW content is not compatible with it. TSW content is to be ‘preserved’ and can be downloaded to run in TSW2 but none of that preserved content will be useable in any new routes created for TSW2, and no TSW routes or locos will have any more development including, it would appear, any more bug fixes. It’s a fresh start, rather than an update. There are a lot of posts about it all over the forum.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gabe_1.0

whoa. that's a bit rough. But then again if it's a completely new game this must suggest that it has taken on board what we suggested since TSW was released. However the fact that the DLCs kept coming out with unpolished features and bugs isn't a good look. I spent about 378 Australian Dollars on routes and an additional 148 Australian dollars on locomotives with a grand total of 519 Australian dollars invested into Train Sim world. I am not looking at it as a bad thing in general because if TSW 2 dose infact evolve then I see it as a positive thing. I am quite happy overall with the DLCs but frustrated about bugs and unpolished features that were not noted and auctioned on. TSW 2 must open a gateway for 3rd party developers as I've watched the Russians develop very advanced locomotives and detailed stock. I do want that in TSW. Will they give it to us for free (existing TSW owners) or 50% discount?

7. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It’s going to be priced at £24.99 in UK. There might be discounts for TSW owners but that’s not been officially confirmed yet. I’m hoping it’s a good base to get better features and fewer bugs in the future. We shall see in time.

8. Gabe_1.0

What worries me is that if the sound engine is still broken, there's no point going down this road anymore because it's been a major let down in TSW.