Train Sim World 2

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by maxipolo12, Jun 9, 2020.

1. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

Well I suppose by manipulating both the AI consists and your own consist you can achieve a workaround to some scripting but sill nothing about giving instructions and notifications to the player using the "scenario" IMO. Perhaps DTG Protagonist can clarify whether scripting as well as giving instructions and notifications is included in the scenario planner because I'm not convinced that's the case?

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

To clarify, and I'm sure DTGP will pick up on it in later streams, do you mean triggered on screen instructions like we get in TSx

(and some wish would just leave us alone?)

3. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

Yes.

• Like Like x 2
  4. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

can you tell us something about the first dlc that is coming?(locomotive routes)

5. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

price is 30EUR

6. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

that was a reply from the day before the Q&A, still thanks for the answer but I don't need it :)

7. Averrnor

Averrnor Member

To be honest... I can accept abandoning TSW 1, it's dlcs etc. It is hard after spending some money on it, but I really can. BUT. Despite TSW 2 does not bring so many expected changes, as far as I read the posts, I expect that new incoming routes will be high quality, with some more actions than just going from point A to B (yes, this is general concept of trains but you know what I mean). And I don't mind bugs as long as they are fixed in due time. Afterall, what is the point to reboot or make continuation of such project as TSW if it is not "higher, faster, stronger"

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
  8. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

That is exactly my opinion!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

CSX-HH was shut down on the side track when TSW go to consoles. Not so long ago it's locos physics was tuned up and now it come again as base route for TSW2. Do they build it again from the scratch? I think, No, they remaster it.
    If yes, they could do the same with other routes/locos, but slowly, because brand new content have higher priority.
    At least, GP40-2 shoud be treated this way as loco originaly build for Sand Patch.

Another honest solution is that preserved addons in TSW2 will be cheaper (base price) as they are now in TSW2020 (at least -33%), because they become "B stock" addons for TSW2.

• Like Like x 2
  10. TerryBalldriver

TerryBalldriver Member

I own Train Simulator 2020 and TSW2020 both of which I enjoy. I will buy TSW2 later in the year, but where does this leave the future of Train Simulator 20++? Hope you answer this honestly in your next q and a. Found the new 'straight' q and a stream informative and refreshing. Look forward to the next one. Cheers.

• Like Like x 1
  11. loader.tom

loader.tom Member

Evening guys, I haven't posted for a while, I normally take large gaps from playing TSW / TS2020 but of course hearing the news of TSW2, I had to come have a look here.

I'm intrigued yet nervous at the announcement of TSW2. Having skimmed through posts over the last year or so regarding the version of Unreal engine TSW uses, I understand that to evolve TSW, it had to be restarted and built back up. I get that and I'm happy DTG have decided to do this rather than sticking with the bodged version of Unreal being used currently.

London underground? Not my main interest but out of all the announcements, this peaked my interest the most. I'll certainly be keeping my eye on this.

ICE3 and another German route? From anyone that's seen my screenshots, I tend to play German routes more than anything else so of course this is great news. The main thing that lets the German routes (I guess all routes) is the lack of available traction and stock, anyone who has spent time around Germany or seen videos, the variety of locos, units and different kinds of freight is huge. And TSW is a bit bare! That's why I always end up going back to TS2020. I know this will take time to sort out, but there's only so much passing the same handful of trains when I know in real life there's so much more I'd be passing that I can do before getting bored, that's subjective I know but that's my opinion!

Which leads me nicely onto the lack of editing tools being released to the public, because they are currently too complicated? I find this insulting personally! I'm not an editor / modeller at all, but surely it's down to those who can model and those who do put together routes to decide if it's too complicated? There are routes and trains out there that have either been partially made or fully put together by 3rd party developers so clearly the tools can and have been used. People have learnt to use them. So if it isn't ready or there's issues with licencing or whatever then just say so? Don't insult the intelligence and those willing to learn by saying it's too complicated... It comes across as a cop out and pretty insulting.

I haven't read too much but I hope there will be a discount for those who already have TSW, who bought into the idea that TSW would be the next best thing, instead of paying full price to effectively be beta testing for TSW2.

I'm interested but apprehensive. Just my two cents worth!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Trooper117

Trooper117 Active Member

I'll keep an open mind on it... still not decided if I will buy in at launch or wait until they get some decent UK stuff on the go.
    Plus, keen to see footage of how and what we can do with our 'preserved content' and see exactly what parts of TSW2 it will be excluded from...

• Like Like x 1
  13. Jack O'Track

Jack O'Track Active Member

Yep, and it now sounds like: 'So sorry that you paid our company deerly; but if you want to keep party-ing with us you'll have to pay the price allover again !'.

Forget about any updates and bugfixes for the old bandwagon, DTG just booked a holiday leave to the Bermuda's spending the loot.
    Sounds like just another software company you cannot trust.

• Like Like x 2
  14. rwaday

rwaday Well-Known Member

If you purchase TSW2 you can port over your older content. The older content will not be updated as I understand. They are two separate games and not dependent on each other.
    As to this NEW openness and communication, I have seen this come and go in the past with Dovetail Games. There were various attempts at putting together bug lists to do a lot of fixes, that lasted only a few weeks then the attempt was abandoned. This new attempt at communication seems to come at a time when the PC version is lagging and the console version is booming. So is an attempt to rally the troops, and counteract the negative image in the PC sector and offer some refreshing Koolaid to drink? Be positive!

Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
  15. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I just cannot imagine why DTG doesn't respond to each grumpy, grouchy, and gloomy iteration of gripes already posted a gazillion times. How dare they? They must think that they have other fish to fry, such as producing new products to keep the company solvent.

16. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

Churning out rubbish just for the sake of releasing content will not keep them solvent either. They need to make sure the content they do produce is consistently high quality.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Jack O'Track

Jack O'Track Active Member

Meanwhile back at the station i decided i am NOT buying any more stuff from them.
    I was just looking at some newer railways etc, lucky i was i got some scent of a stink.

Paying for a new yet to be released (buggy?) new kid without any looking back at existing and loyal clients? My foot!
    TSW was not even properly "finished" already, with far too many unattended quirks and bugs.

I am not spending more money with DTG.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 2