Tsw2 - Question About Ue Upgrade

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ChrisRCentral, Jun 13, 2020.

1. ChrisRCentral

ChrisRCentral Member

I couldn't find a dedicated thread for questions, so I thought I would post a new thread:

What are the benefits to DTG from upgrading from 4.16 to 4.23? I get it 'advances' the game, but how? What specific features are being used in 4.23 that enhance TSW 2 over say something like 4.24 or 4.25?

• Like Like x 1
  2. lucas_5_5

lucas_5_5 Well-Known Member

They start the upgrade while it was in 4.23. it took more than 6 months for them to do it they Said. Thats why they are not upgrading to the current version that i think its 4.26.

3. ChrisRCentral

ChrisRCentral Member

I understand that, my question was mainly based around why pick 4.23? Was it just because it was the "latest version" at the time or is there a specific reason for it? I've had a look at the patch notes and 4.24 seems to be a more suited version for it with improvements to lighting, skies, and terrain generation.

Surely it is more beneficial for DTG to try and upgrade to a version that has the potential to add a lot of features to the game and 4.24 was released quite far back in December 2019. Another question spanning from this would be, do DTG keep track of patch notes and see what is most beneficial with each version release of UE, or do they simply just go "latest version, that'll do"?

Surely research is important when using an engine not made in-house? I don't know if this is just me being naive, but if it takes this amount of time to upgrade the engine and the time and effort going into it means a whole new paid product, a justification as to why you've picked this version would surely get the community on-side if it brings tremendous benefits and helps justify the need for the price tag?

• Like Like x 5
  4. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

I believe they said in the stream that 4.23 was the latest version when they started upgrading, that's why it's 4.23 now. But from what they said it pretty much changes nothing, other than performance optmimizations. So the game will probably run better a bit, but no real changes has been made to the game.

• Like Like x 1
  5. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

ÿES I SEE

• Like Like x 1