PlayStation No Train And Passenger Announcements For Tsw2

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by mark.bolter, Jun 13, 2020.

1. mark.bolter

mark.bolter Active Member

No service announcements or passenger announcements is a major disappointment for TSW2,it would make it more realistic as they’ve managed to do it in TS2020...I’d far rather have this then custom liveries especially as you can’t share them anyway.
    Why can TS have them but not TSW2

• Like Like x 3
  2. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

The 64,000 dollar question. Why can't they include them? It knows where the player and AI is going to and from, which stops to make and platform and would know the train's current position - surely this can be transferred to scrolling text on a small display and voice within UE4

• Like Like x 3
  3. derek40p

derek40p Member

I was surprise that this wasnt added how passengers know what train to get and were to get off

• Like Like x 2
  4. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

Passenger announcements certainly would be a cool thing to implement, I am much more excited for features such as adhesion physics and dynamic skies. Maybe this will be something they tackle in future but I certainly would rather they use the time for more useful features before launch.

5. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

Aren't there generic station announcements in GWE and other DLCs, if im not mistaken? I cant imagine that a PIS system is one of those things that are technically challenging to implement...perhaps it has something to do with licensing? Or getting voice actors?

6. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I 100% agree. The announcements, whilst adding realism, are also fun to hear. These are definitely needed in TSW2 and we should ‘encourage’ DTG to do them ASAP.

7. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

Yes, there are station announcements e.g. on some german routes, I just can't recall on which. The texts are in German, the voice acting is okay and with the correct pronounciation. But still these announcements aren't well done, because they occur randomly. They should be restricted to those times when at least one train is at the station or approaching it.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020