Preserved Collection Fully Usable For Tsw2

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jursly, Jun 13, 2020.

1. jursly

jursly Member

we must inform DTG that we want to use preserved collection as a community on the new routens and scenario editor and livery editor

and that the trains have to update so that with the German trains LZB work on the
    DB BR 185,182,146,425, MRCE BR 185.5

and on all trains which have a destination display that do not work now also work on the
    DB BR 143, DB BR 1442, BR Class 166 M7

how do DTG know?
    we have to let this thread go viral so that DTG knows we want this as a community so give this thread a like and give your reason why we want this

• Like Like x 14
  2. ducatiant

ducatiant Member

100% agree with this. We've waited so long to have more playability in TSW and now it looks like it's being taken away. DTG, please make the current locos/stock useable in TSW2 otherwise you're just going to turn a lot of people away and have the same short lifespan in the sim as you have now.

Personally, from what I've read I don't have any reason to buy the new sim.

• Like Like x 11
  3. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

You are wasting your time.

(I really wish they would change the plans based on our feedback, but they are not going to)

• Like Like x 7
  4. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I too would really wish that DTG reconsider and change their minds about what they are doing to the existing routes. But it seems that DTG have their minds set on doing it.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

It is way too much work for DTG to convert all existing content to UE 4.23. The only reason they went back and did CSX:HH is because all the console players were constantly asking for it as it was the only route which they were missing from TSW1

Like it or not, the console appears to be dictating the direction of this franchise. I think I recall someone saying previously that Matt said there were substantially more players of TSW on the consoles than on PC....so you can see why they make some of the decisions that they do.

I appreciate the intentions of this thread....but it isn't going to happen.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Thelonius16

Thelonius16 Well-Known Member

We don’t know exactly that this will not happen eventually.

What we know is that they aren’t promising anything that isn’t ready to go. They aren’t going to suggest something is possible before they know it can happen and have it on the schedule.

But we also know that they were able to convert Sand Patch and put it in a package with two other routes for the price of a normal route. Maybe part of their roadmap includes a phased upgrade of existing content.

• Like Like x 4
  7. jursly

jursly Member

I think if DTG see this thread blows up maybe the see business (money) because I think everybody will buy they new dlc faster if we can use or old dlc locs or locs from another routes and if the can do CSX:HH ( route and locs)
    At least the can upgrade the old locs so we can use it on the new routes

so everyone support this thread drop a like and give your own (extra) reason why
    So that DTG see that we really want this as a community !!!

• Like Like x 3
  8. jursly

jursly Member

Btw we know that DTG can pull this off because the made the Talent 2 again or the upgraded it

• Like Like x 1
  9. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

Their statment is about current status quo.
    Will Preserved Collection Add-Ons be upgraded?
    The preservation work may bring some performance benefits depending on your platform, but they will be as they are now. Preserved not remastered.

Better question is: Will Preserved Collection Add-Ons be ever upgraded?
    It is the long term question and they don't want to make promises for upcoming years. They have discover many tricks and techniques in past years that aren't widely used across old content (like, interior light zones on BR155, amps/force hud on BR 185.2 RSN/MSB).
    If they setup some common standard for content they will need time. The technique for preserve collection cost also time resorces and their answer is not 100% guarantee that preserved colection wil be complete at the D-day. We already know that is not just copy/paste content.
    When will Preserved Collections be available?
    We are working to bring your collections online from the launch of Train Sim World 2.

I think, the next Q&A will clearly answer destiny of preserved collection. (Sand Patch, Talent 2 are the lights of hope at the end of tunnel)
    Destiny of CSX GP40-2 is first in line - Do it get back to its home route?

• Like Like x 5
  10. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Because many PC players are still sticking to Train Simulator because TSW still doesn't have an editor, is lacking good content and full of bugs. Console players have no proper alternative [removed by Protagonist - let's not start a platform argument] so of course they buy TSW. If TSW actually had the route editor released (and currently I don't see that happening for consoles), it would sell like hot cake on the PC.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

I very strongly suspect that the work to "convert" existing DLC (especially the locos) to work on the new build of UE would be minimal, and completely dwarfed by the amount of work that was necessary to make the CSX:HH design compatible (and optimised) across all platforms.

They simply want to "preserve" existing locos (make them unavailable for use in new TSW2 routes) so that they can be sold again, and again, and again, on new TSW2 routes.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  12. Bob12212

Bob12212 Well-Known Member

+1 For this here also.

• Like Like x 1
  13. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

[removed by Protagonist - you're right, but this is just starting an argument]

• Like Like x 5
  14. Dinosbacsi

[removed your entire post, sorry - as well reasoned as you may believe it to be, we don't want to start a "my platform is better than your platform" playground fight, do we? Protagonist]

• Like Like x 2
  15. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

[removed by Protagonist, see above]

16. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

But I know 60 is much much better than 30, for example

17. Tomas9970

Tomas9970 Well-Known Member

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. Dinosbacsi

[removed by Protagonist]

19. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

I have cleaned this thread up. The debate was perfectly reasonable but was on the basis of Platform A is superior to Platform B. Nope, not on this forum you don't.

Back on topic, we're well aware that players would like their Preserved Collection to have full functionality available in Train Sim World 2. By all means continue the thread, but this isn't new information.

• Like Like x 6
  20. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

When I bought the Class 52 Western and the Class 33, I did so, with the full expectation that I would be able to use these in other routes, not just crawling up the WSR at 25 mph! This whole preserved collection really needs to be re-visited by DTG because they are at serious risk of losing many of their long standing customers / supporters over this issue.

Even, if it was just the locos and rolling stock that got upgraded to the TSW2 standards ,so they could be used on the new TSW2 routes would perhaps be a reasonable compromise.

In regards to the routes, why not, for example, thinking of the GWR route, upgrade and extend it to Oxford and sell it at a discount to existing owners for a £10-£15 to cover the cost of conversion.

• Like Like x 12
  21. Dinosbacsi

Understandable, excuse us for getting carried away there. Though my original point was simply regarding the question of why TSW seems more popular on consoles compred to PC, then it just kinda continued on.

22. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Completely hear and understand where you are coming from but not holding my breath.

Again completely understand but from the current design of the route and just say they were to do it too Oxford and Didcot (ala TS version) They would have to start the route from Scratch because so much has changed on the route since the TSW version was released.
    Trackwork, Signalling more sidings for rolling stock storage etc etc.
    if you have facebook then look at this video. Click to about 50 minutes in unless you want to watch the whole thing., This was filmed in either November or December 2019.

Also most of the "I want it free all the time" or the "its not a game but an update" wet wipe brigade will not want to pay anything for an upgrade if it happens.

Regards

Hentis

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  23. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

But ...but I spent almost 300 hours in MSB, seeing it grow like TVL and Peninsula with "extended DLC" and really thought those are the big routes that DTG might revisit and polish (4 km/h with BR 204 was such a pain ...). Come on DTG you don't put ALL of the work into the trash bin, don't you?

I'm not crying here, just wondering. Definitely I'm curious what is coming :)

• Like Like x 2
  24. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

My impression is that while we wait for DTG to make the TSW add-ons we have purchased available in TSW2 we can continue to use them in TSW itself. Is this correct? What about add-on engines, such as the DR BR 204? And will DTG manage to install the update provided by RIVET in May?

• Like Like x 1
  25. antony.henley

The BR204 update is happening soon.

26. fanta1682002

what time updated br204

27. antony.henley

I dont know but Sam said the other day that the update isnt far away.

Yes when we eventually have TSW 2 We can still use TSW 2020 as a completely separate game from TSW 2. Or we can use our DLC namely our TSW2020 routes and rolling stock (by which I think we have to re download it as and when it becomes available to download) with in TSW2 BUT the Locos and Routes from TSW 2020 will only be available to use on the TSW2020 routes which you have downloaded from with in TSW 2.

I suspect they will have some sort of heading saying Train Sim 2 then when saying Train Sim 2020 or Train Sim Legacy collection or something like that.

Nice as it is and all that I will probably keep TSW2020 seperate and do both together if you get my drift.
    As I stream through the PS4 twice a week though I will possibly end up streaming from the TSW2 and using the Legacy collection from with in that. Hopefully it wont take long to get most of the TSW 2020 routes and locos / rolling stock released and downloaded into TSW 2.

Regards

Hentis

28. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

Console started receiving the update. PC will come later.

As a off-topic, [edited by Protagonist - punctuation is optional. The user you're talking to is not a native English language speaker, and we appreciate that they make the effort to work in English.]

29. fanta1682002

yes pc today updated br204

30. matthewhedley

matthewhedley New Member

I really hope for All Preserved Collection Trains to be in the Scenario Planner and Designer however the likelihood of DTG doing this is like 1/1,000,000 (Here’s to hoping though)

• Like Like x 1
  31. jursly

jursly Member

so people seeing 2 preserved collection trains in the new TSW2 trailer and there was a leaked screenshot from TSW2 where the MRCE BR 185.5 was visible in the new routes

did DTG change the way of preserved collection and make them fully usable in TSW2 ?

• Like Like x 2
  32. praxidike.meng

praxidike.meng Well-Known Member

I wouldn't pick my hopes up just yet, because nothing has been officially confirmed. These "sightings" are definitely surprising though, because DTG stated with a flair of finality that existing stock will not appear in TSW2. If this is after all not the case, I will be extremely happy. For the moment I am cautiously optimistic though.

• Like Like x 2
  33. Plastic Pal

If the MRCE 185.5 was released for sale in TSW2, then it wouldn't be regarded as "existing stock". It would be "non-Preserved" stock. Or "Version 2" stock.

It might look exactly the same as the TSW loco, and sound the same, and basically work the same.... but it would be different.... um..... in spirit..... and therefore worth £11.49 if you want to add it to your "non-Preserved TSW2 collection".

That's the way to think about it. ;-O

34. Dinosbacsi

Maybe they've made them AI-only? I mean all the announcements only mention the ICE3 and the Talent2 as driveable trains, but maybe they tought porting old TSW stock as AI-only trains would make the route feel more alive. AI requires less physics and such to drive, so maybe that was easy to do compared to porting them properly to make them fully driveable.

Also there was that leaked pic where BR 185s are seen on the route, but the pic is not from a cab view, which also might be a sign of AI-only rolling stock (as it may not have a proper interior model).

Though I doubt it's the case, as TSW never used AI-only trains before, but who knows. Even if the ICE3 and the Talent2 are the only 2 driveable trains, AI trains would be a nice touch. Anyway I'm really looking forward to seeing what all this means.

• Like Like x 2
  35. praxidike.meng

I've thought about it too... It wouldn't be ideal, but it certainly would make for a livelier route, which is better than nothing.
    At this point we can only speculate, so let's wait a little longer and see what's brewing in the coming weeks.

36. KiwiLE

KiwiLE Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  37. jursly

jursly Member

yessssss!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  38. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Great news about the preserved collection being more useable within the last east article.

Can we take it one step further and have all preserved content to TSW 2’s standard and have it support all of TSW 2’s features? Such as adhesion and updated skybox on older routes?

• Like Like x 5
  39. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 6
  40. fanta1682002

yes very good

41. jursly

jursly Member

Im very happy! But I didn’t see in the article that the preserved collection can be used in de livery editor ?

• Like Like x 1
  42. praxidike.meng

• Like Like x 3
  43. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

For once im happy to hear about a delay, we're finally being listened to

• Like Like x 6
  44. dskxalive

dskxalive Active Member

Good move DTG. Thank you for listening to the community :)

• Like Like x 4
  45. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

I wholeheartedly support this decision. Very glad they're listening to feedback!

• Like Like x 5
  46. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

Excellent news. DTG is listening and proving it to us. well done

• Like Like x 4
  47. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

This is most excellent news. It makes perfect sense to do this and to delay the launch accordingly (by only a few days too). I’ve gone all giddy thinking about this. Sam did say in reply to a post recently that the next announcement would show that they were definitely listing to the feedback, and he was not wrong. We also have a schedule for the first TSW content to be upgraded. And a Q&A stream tonight. I’ve gone a bit lightheaded, I need a lie down.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  48. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

Yep, this is definitely good news to me... I’m more than happy to wait a bit longer and get more out of the sim in return. Nice move, DTG... thanks for listening!

• Like Like x 4
  49. eurocityboy

eurocityboy Active Member

See, DTG, this won't hurt your bottom line one bit! I'm now much likely to purchase further TSW add-ons I don't already own. Well done.

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  50. Plastic Pal

So does this mean that in TSW2..... that if you have the Class 52 from TSW..... that you will be able to run it from Paddington to Reading.....?

And the Class 37 from Manchester to Leeds?

And the Class 47 from Darlington to Saltburn.....?

And put the ICE on the NEC out of Penn...... (one of the first things that I did in TS1....)......?

And I think the answer is.....

YES - YES - YES - YES...........! ;-)

=============>>>>

Okay - so I will be buying TSW2 for PC and PS4 then....... ;-)

• Like Like x 9