PlayStation How To Get Actionpoints As Passenger On Any Route

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by GoldenTicket420, Jun 14, 2020.

1. GoldenTicket420

GoldenTicket420 Well-Known Member

I made this video for people who want to enjoy passenger mode and get the same Actionpoints As if you were to drive that same route.Please check it out on my YouTube channel G T
    Let me know what u think and also like/share if you can.Read Video Description

• Like Like x 3
  2. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

I think, in timetable mode you cannot get any AP at all by walking or running.
    There are some scenarios though on various routes where the first objective is to go to another platform. When you reach the marked spot you'll get some APs, but these cases are just an exception to the rule.

What you did is get APs for cheating, shame on you.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  3. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

It’s not necessarily cheating, anyone can do this if they want to, and DTG never put a restriction whether we can or can’t get the AP for AI driving. The point of the game is to simulate trains, not necessarily drive every train, although that is an option. Yes u obviously have to drive trains as that is one of the things the game offers, but u can also ride in passenger mode. It doesn’t matter how u get the points, since there is no competition or “right way” to complete services in the game. Me personally I like to drive the trains, but, of course, I can go “off the tracks” and try this if I want to. It’s not absolutely necessary, it’s just something fun to try, but it’s certainly not cheating. There’s no right or wrong way to complete services in TSW, unless ur driving the train, of course.

• Like Like x 2
  4. GoldenTicket420

GoldenTicket420 Well-Known Member

Just to clarify a few things.I do not do this personally because i get bored easily and therefore play driver mode for that addictive adrenaline rush of operating trains.As far to say cheating siemce,i to believed that for a while and i quote metros response to you,and hes 100% right which is why i posted the video.Adding to metros response.TSW is not getting anymore updates and my guess is when TSW 2 comes out,as Dtg announced few days ago TSW content will transfer over to TSW 2 as preserved and will not be remastered and will not receive the new features,and last but importantly your TSW player level will not cross over to TSW 2.Mind you im level 678 of raw driver mode.I know all services on all my dlc,safety systems on all trains,no aspects,no notifications,no button prompts,always on or near on time and majority of my stops 498-500.My skill and proof is my channel,check it out.So its safe to assume 99% of TSW players will be going to TSW 2, new features,trains,routes and your TSW content at will be available to play at launch,So we are all starting from level 1.Im excited for new stuff so for me i won't be loading up TSW to play content i can play on TSW 2.Sorry for the long response was hoping for and aspecting alot more positive feedback but instead my first response/accusation is im cheating ouch? Well in closing i would like to say i do not condone or support any cheating of any kind in fair or competitive setting/games/sport.And also thank you metrolink

• Like Like x 3
  5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I had this glitch once and I thought it was interesting. I had caught a train running a service I hadn’t yet driven and only sat in the driver’s seat to see what service it was and after standing up to go to a passenger seat, the AI drove the train but with all the instructions coming up. It was that bit of it that interested me. Travelling as a passenger but knowing what is going on, what the station is that’s coming up. It would have been better if AI trains followed a better physics model and kept to all the speed limits and other driving rules, but they don’t so I couldn’t use the experience to see how a perfect run was executed.

I’d actually like to know what speed the train is doing while travelling as a passenger, like having a mini HUD giving some information on screen. It’s nice having something to read when you are a real passenger and virtual passengers deserve something to focus on too.

Getting free action points wasn’t the best bit of the glitch. Imagine if I had got to level 560 just as a passenger and how boring that would have been. It’s a fun thing to try if you haven’t experienced it though.

• Like Like x 1
  6. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

Me too, just by finishing a service on RT, the game seemed to give me instructions for the service after the one I drove which I, of course, wasn’t driving. The weird catch: I was still at the origin station when AI took it over and gave me free points!

• Like Like x 2