I Don't Know What To Do - Tsw2020/tsw2

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jaf_duman, Jun 9, 2020.

1. jaf_duman

jaf_duman Member

Hi, I'm playing TSW2020 for few months on XBOX, average of 1-2 hours a day, depending on route. I have all DLCs released until last year (2019), bought them all except for ECW which I won in the giveaway by TSC on Discord (thank you guys again). I have made my own decison that I will play each DLC in order what they were released, trying master each route as much as I can: timetable, speeds, signals, etc, make some XBOX achievements and making beautiful sreenshots of course.

So, I started with GWE, next RT and NEC, than paid DLCs, WSR and currently playing RSN. Let's say I'm halfway ;-). In this way I played almost 300 hours and have level 130. I know that among this community there are players with many times better career results than mine but I'm very related with each hour, mile, kilometer of my career. So today when DTG announced that progress from TSW2020 will not be transfered to the new TSW 2 I'm very disappointed of that and trying understand why not.

Between tommorow (I've made my service today already) and August 6th there are at least 50 hours of playing. During this time I should finish RSN and be quite familiar with LIRR. Now, regarding to the announcement, I don't know should I continue playing on TSW2020 or maybe I should wait for TSW 2 release and start new train driver career there, from LIRR route.

What are your thoughts and suggestions? Any comments are welcome.

• Like Like x 1
  2. james94

james94 Member

Personally, I’m going to reduce my playing time on TSW20 until the release of TSW 2 now but still give it some attention. I feel like it will give me more to do on the new game and increase the variety I’ll have rather than just the initial three routes coming out. That is just my opinion though! Others might not be bothered with re-doing routes etc.

• Like Like x 1
  3. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

We'd transfer progress if it were straightforward to do so, but it genuinely isn't.
    We feel for everyone who is in a similar place to you Jaf - and your progress in TSW is staying put. Whatever effort you put in now will still be there in the future. TSW2 will be a fresh start, and maybe there's a way that's positive somehow? I don't know.

I'll feed back your disappointment, because it's important, but please assume the statements made so far (progress not transferring) are 100% accurate.

• Like Like x 4
  4. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

I know exatly how you feel mate For me the progress thing is annoying, ive fully completed 2 routes, close to a third, ive got 400 +driver levels, not overly impressed really about having to do that again, its all well and good keeping tsw 2020, but when i buy TSW 2, what would reallay be the point in going back and play tsw 2020 just for driver levels,

• Like Like x 2
  5. grahamsarea18

grahamsarea18 Member

I just wanna know if all my locos and routes from TSW2020 will be playable on tsw2? Because the release details keeps saying "add-ons" will be playable. I don't mind fresh start with stats. I just want to play all the hundreds of dollars in dlc investments I made in this company. ALL in one place.

6. jaf_duman

jaf_duman Member

To be clear. Generally I'm very excited of new Train Sim World and you have my money as soon as you start selling it.
    Just one thing you could do better ;)

7. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Yes, I am nearly level 500 on PS4. In some ways it's a shame but in others it's a new challenge to start progress again I feel in the new game. My levels have been racking up but I haven't really got any satisfaction out of that for a while. I did get the platinum trophy for TSW and nearly all the DLC's trophies (when those trophies worked) and that was more important to me. With TSW2 new life will be breathed into it again. Just my opinion but I totally get what you are saying

• Like Like x 3
  8. grahamsarea18

grahamsarea18 Member

Im not asking if stats and accomplishments from tsw 2020 will transfer to tsw2. I'm ok with that. I just want ALL my locos and all the routes that I paid alot if $$$ for that I'm currently playing on tsw2020 be redownload on tsw2 if I buy it? I have bought almost every dlc released by dtg. So the answer to this question will be the basis of my decision. On whether or not I buy the new tsw2.

9. james94

james94 Member

You will be able to re-download all of the DLC you own in TSW2020 under the ‘preserved collection’ in TSW2. They won’t benefit from the new features such as the livery creator or scenario planner but you will still be able to use them as you do currently on TSW2020.

10. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

I suppose the next this is, once we/if buy tsw 2 and take our preserved collection with it, would it then be safe to uninstall tsw 1 and the addons without it affection tsw 2, because i be t storage is going to be a big issue for some people

11. james94

james94 Member

I asked that question for the Q&A stream but it wasn’t included, hopefully there is some clarity on it in the coming streams because it’s hard enough trying to save space

12. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

From what I have seen and read, it is looking like TSW2 will contain an executable for TSW2020 in the package which will allow you to run your "preserved collection". Therefore, it does not appear that there will be any need to have TSW2020 installed as well.

However, there was a point in the video where as I understood it, at this present moment in time, not all TSW2020 DLC's are presently compatible so won't be included in the "preserved collection". Obviously there is still plenty of time for this to change but I don't believe it will be until we are quite close to release date before we fully know what will and won't work.

13. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Matt had mentioned on the Q&A stream that you can keep both TSW2020 and TSW2 there will be no conflicts between the two as they will be two separate games. The only down side is the progress you have made in TSW2020 will not transfer over, so if you do not want to lose it and continue you can. As they will be no longer be supporting TSW2020 after Aug 6 there will no updates for TSW2020 that will conflict. Also there will be no updates to the preserved routes you transfer over to TSW2

14. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

In some ways it might be bitter sweet. We maybe have to accept compromises with the hoped for development. I can understand your disappointment. But, I've ALREADY been there! I started playing TSW in December and played it obsessively. Then I noticed my progress WASN'T being recorded on Mastery. However, that did eventually get fixed but I then had to put in more time to achieve the milestones in Mastery. (As I had to start from a higher level and the higher each level the more effort required for the same reward.)

If you want to 'get ahead of the game' I can recommend some good Route Learning videos for Bakerloo Line - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRjJ3alLpN5yaiXySNYKVEYgzssDOR61v

• Like Like x 1
  15. lDanny Holand

lDanny Holand Active Member

The reason is there is a huge chance of corrupting your save data, which would not only mean you would need to start again anyway but it could also damage your console, I would suggest that you carry on doing it as all save data from tsw 2020 will stay on that game, but amd then when tsw 2 comes out just play a different way as you will find yourself getting very sick of driving the same thing everyday

16. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

What save data?

There is only one save game slot, not per route, but for the whole game.

Or do you mean the relatively pointless XP level I have achieved on my profile? Or the relatively pointless medals I have been awarded for driving a particular route? Or the relatively pointless fact that as I have walked around I have passed by a missing poster or fire extinguisher?

Oh, and let's not forget the ability to be able to change a background on the menu screen as a reward for spending hours of driving in the so called "Mastery"!

None of these things, in my opinion are going to be a great loss, so losing save data is the least of my concerns. I'm more concerned about the fact that none of the hundreds of pounds I have spent so far is any use in the new version.

And don't come back with I can use older routes in TSW2. That's just marketing hype to try and placate people, I can still use DOS in Windows 10 via the command prompt but I can't use all of the Windows 10 features.

I'm not sure how consoles work, but I'd be interested to know how can a piece of software damage your console?

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
  17. tokatails08

tokatails08 Active Member

I’ll probably get TSW 2 with the new gen consoles, hopefully by then dtg would have fixed initial bugs, we would see how the routes looks like and I will still play the old TSW on my Xbox if I want

18. tokatails08

tokatails08 Active Member