Your Biggest Issues

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DTG Protagonist, Jun 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. montes_1234

montes_1234 Well-Known Member

After thousands of pounds everyone gave them they just say no that is of no interest for us to bother with it. Thanks for giving us hope.

• Like Like x 2
  2. IsambardKingdomBrunel

IsambardKingdomBrunel Well-Known Member

Still no promised route editor, biggest let down since i found out father christmas didn't exist.

Not being able to use any british locomotive on any british routes.

I am not interested in anything non british. So how the other addons work does not interest me.

• Like Like x 2
  3. FileTrekker

FileTrekker Member

There'll never be a route editor for TSW / TSW2, they're too far down a rabbit hole for that now.

• Like Like x 3
  4. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

ya think

5. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

What about being positive like you said

6. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

Yep - it is completely fair for you to call me out on this. I was hoping to be positive. But it is clear that this doesn't work.

Unfortunately.... every single time I am positive about DTG... I get smashed in the brain by a huge brick of disappointment.

It's like you light a small fire of hope..... and then the distant clouds spot it, zoom over, then rain on you with a thunderstorm to make sure that you can no longer see in the dark.

• Like Like x 4
  7. IsambardKingdomBrunel

IsambardKingdomBrunel Well-Known Member

It's impossible to be positive where DTG are concerned, they don't listen and they certainly don't care.

• Like Like x 4
  8. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

I agree with you guys that TSW2 is a bad game for example you can use the editor for preserved content but I will still get it anyway

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2020
  9. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Yes you will be.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

We wont Anthony. How will we?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Anthony Pecoraro

With the scenario planner. You'll be able to pick any TSW2 loco (as long as the electrification matches) and put it on any TSW2 route.

12. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Atm the only british train available is the underground one. Unless I wanted to be silly and place entirely inappropriate stock. Something we’ve often been told that DTG and the community dont want.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

I think he could mean wanting to put a TSW1 British loco on a British route built in TSW2, which he will not be able to do.

14. Anthony Pecoraro

Thee will be nore DLC later on...

15. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

I know. Looking forward to being sold my 3rd Dosto or class 66

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. Plastic Pal

There are quite a few Class 66s in TS1.... EWS, Freightliner, the German one..... and then they have the same locos as version 2s....

I think that they are aiming to sell 66 different versions across their game titles - they are well on their way to getting to target.... ;-O

• Like Like x 4
  17. montes_1234

montes_1234 Well-Known Member

LoL. And neither of them looks and sounds finished. Tragic.

• Like Like x 1
  18. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Anthony Pecoraro Still believe the editor is coming then despite various people trying to tell you that it isn't beforehand for a considerable amount of time?

Moral of the story is don't take things at face value, you'll only be disappointed.

• Like Like x 4
  19. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

What do you mean? I never used the class 66 in about 10 months

20. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

I wish you many more years of TSW enjoyment Anthony Pecoraro, honestly i really do, but Im done with this.

21. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

Fair enough Rob39(This may be my last post)Anyway[/QUOTE]

22. stinkyheadman

stinkyheadman New Member

The people looking so odd....

• Like Like x 1
  23. Gaming_Gamer357

Gaming_Gamer357 Active Member

One of my biggest issues is that there are no announcements in any of the trains (like what the next station is etc.) I especially think announcements would be important for the upcoming Bakerloo line because in my opinion they are important on subway-type or deep-level type lines.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  24. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Well anyway just in case this thread actually leads somewhere, I have to say my biggest issue is the unfinished state the LIRR route is in. Lacking timetable and missing trackside signs (whistleposts, speed signs, etc) and sometimes buggy ATC (especially at Garden City). As the LIRR is my favorite route, if these issues could be fixed, I would be a happy happy boy.

• Like Like x 2
  25. Anthony Pecoraro

unknown.png

• Like Like x 2
  26. ducatiant

ducatiant Member

Hi, here's my biggest issue (yes, I posted this in another thread but I've condensed it here).

I love the sim, but it is too restrictive. If we had the abilty to use more sidings to shunt or make up trains, you know, railway stuff, and/or place stock so we can have life in the yards and use stock from one route in another (PCA's on NTP for example), would open the game up and increase it's longevity HUGELY. Running from one end to another, which is kind of all you can do after completing all scenarios, just doesn't cut it.

Ant

• Like Like x 3
  27. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

Unused sidings and loops, missed opportunities for real railway operation. Something I hoped would be addressed with scenario packs or timetable refreshes but now consigned to "preserved" status. Very sad that all that work is discarded so easily.

• Like Like x 3
  28. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

I think one of the biggest changes we need is to have a separate forum for TSW2. I feel like a lot of positive and optimistic conversations are being drowned out by the few that feel like TSW didn’t deliver. Thank you!

• Like Like x 4
  29. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

ÿES

• Like Like x 1
  30. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

People that are happy about it are being drowned out by people who just hate the game & use the forums to harass the employees like tallboy who just hate the game & use the forums to annoy the people that do love TSW2 like for example give us free add ons,it's a different game give us it for free.Like the forums weren't made for this toxicitiy. Go back to 2014 with your xbox live & harass people when you lose a game.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  31. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

Forgive me if I have mis-interpreted this, but it seems you saying that no one should have a different opinion and accept that everything that DTG does, says, produces, is wonderful?

If that is the case, then you are basically describing Communism or a Totalitarian state, in which we the users (the people) are not allowed to openly criticise DTG (the state) without fear of mysteriously disappearing (being booted or banned).

As I have said before, we are all here because we share a passion, enjoyment, thrill, whatever about trains and train simulators. In this case TSW and TS produced by DTG. I'm certain that the majority are not coming here to cause trouble for the sake of it as you appear to believe. But, when so many people have expressed doubts and concerns about what has been announced, do you not think there might actually be a reason behind that rather than just to be argumentative and cause trouble?

People invest a lot of time and money into the various DLC's. Money which they (or their parents, depending on your age) have no doubt had to work hard for. In this current climate, some people are having financial issues, so being asked to pay out again for what they see, in there opinion, to be little more than an update for what the software they have already paid for, or believe they have been promised, some may find upsetting and they have a right to voice that opinion.

As much as you have the right to say how wonderful everything is.

• Like Like x 14
  32. jursly

jursly Member

33. organdavid960

organdavid960 Member

I would really like a new route such as the London Waterloo to Portsmouth Harbour line with the class 444 or class 442. All we've had is loco after loco and no new routes. I hope DTG add more British routes in the game and also extend the East Coastway Route so you can actually drive to Hastings. I play all the time on the Xbox One and I'm disappointed that there is going to be no editor. It just feels as though DTG has promised us one thing and not delivered on it.

• Like Like x 1
  34. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

My biggest issue now are the lies that are being exposed. Why is the community parity so important to you over all platforms? it wont happen - or it will to the detriment to anyone on PC, you've basically abandoned your PC playerbase with this "if they cant have it, none of you will" approach.

after the complete sh**show the big reveal was 2 years ago Matt was adamant "consoles would never hold back the PC side of TSW" its nice to see that was a bare faced lie.

try all you want, but TSW is never going to be anything worthwhile on PC with this business practice. All we the community can hope for is that a competitor comes along so DTG can finally be abandoned by the players theyve lied to and manipulated for so many years, reap what you sow.

I appreciate the fresh air of Sam coming in, albeit temporarily, once he is gone they will go back to normal, saying nothing or what they do say will be pure lies - Sam cant mend burnt bridges over years of lies.

• Like Like x 7
  35. TigerT

TigerT New Member

Why would you accuse me of thinking it's all about me? We were all asked and I was just stating an opinion, which happens to be different from yours.

And no I won't benefit from an editor. I've been playing TSXXXX since way back and have never once felt the need to use it. My thing is playing lot's of different DLC's, not making my own. For me it's abut driving trains.

Everyone was asked what their biggest issue is. One of mine is that the editor issue drags on and on. They never should have mentioned it in the first place. It causes a lot of negativity on the forums and the live streams and that spoils them for me.

I paid for the game and therefore I'm as much entitled to that opinion as you are to yours. I hope you get what you want in the game, and if they do produce an editor, great. I personally think they should state that there will never be an editor and move on. Which from what I gather on the TSW2 Stream is what they are doing.

• Like Like x 1
  36. nielsmallant100

nielsmallant100 Well-Known Member

bruh, how do you think those routes were made. In the editor. A lot of stuff published by DTG was just made by a third party that used the same editor as we. Think before you speak

37. longo239

You are correct, they should never have mentioned it in the first place. However, shouldn't that disappointment be aimed at DTG, after all they're the ones that announced it, creating the negativity when it never appeared. Not the users who were asking for what DTG had said they would be delivering.

Now it has been clearly stated, there is no editor, hopefully we can move on and the streams shouldn't be full of questions asking where it is.

• Like Like x 2
  38. TigerT

TigerT New Member

Absolutely agree, the fault was with DTG. No blame to people asking. Hopefully this new policy of stating a Yes or No and providing a roadmap will lead to greater clarity.

And one day if they can provide an editor then great. But at least now it should only get announced when it’s coming.

• Like Like x 2
  39. Anthony Pecoraro

unknown.png

40. longo239

You keep posting this, but the last line is "...there is no editor".

So if we accept that, for the time being we can move on and discuss other things. By keep posting this comment you are just "stoking the fire" so to speak and pointing out there may be one at some point in time and as a result continuing the negativity that you among others are disillusioned with.

• Like Like x 2
  41. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  42. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

"committing to absolutely nothing" "there is no editor" - it doesnt take a 300 IQ to read between the lines.

• Like Like x 3
  43. Plastic Pal

LOL.....! Although..... it might be more of a Heisenberg's Uncertainty Editor......

• Like Like x 1
  44. sylvain

sylvain Member

ce que j'aimerais voir au train sim world 2
    - extension de san jose a gilroy.
    - extension sur le lirr.
    - extension sur le GWR reading > bristol

• Like Like x 1
  45. organdavid960

organdavid960 Member

They need to extend the East Coastway line fully to Ore and have the diesel Southern train that you could drive as well (sorry guys I don't know the exact class)

46. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

That's the new thing? When they say the editor is coming, the editor is coming (3 years later nothing). When they say the editor is not coming, the editor is coming anyway. Ok.

47. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

The year is 2029 and the editor is still coming. Promise! Haha

48. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

In the last two years I’ve really changed my views on this. As a console player I’ve long thought it a good idea to standardise features across all three platforms to avoid others missing out. As an example, I do get quite jealous when I see people playing GWE with FGW skins, something that’s not available on console.

But it’s getting to a stage where’s its becoming ridiculous. For example, not allowing PC players to share scenarios is just stupid. You guys who play on PC will find a way round I’m sure of it but it would be so much easier if DTG actually just allowed you guys to do it.

And this idea that everything needs to be made ‘accessible’ to everyone is also a joke. The route editor would probably only be accessible to 5% of us if that but that doesn’t mean it’s not worth releasing as the geniuses at Armstrong Powerhouse etc would make some superb content.

• Like Like x 4
  49. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

In what world do this forum's perpetual naysayers exist? Does any company that makes video games or simulators consult potential buyers before beginning to design and produce a new product? Cat herding, particularly of perpetually petulant cats, is not part of product development anywhere, ever. DTG, apparently having reached a plateau with TSW, decided some time ago to produce a third railroad simulator, using better tools and applying what they have learned from their first two products of that kind. Their biggest mistake so far was that pathetic stream that appeared recently, in which they set themselves up as targets for the aforementioned deranged cats.
    I'm not completely thrilled by the information released thus far regarding TSW2, especially since the two new routes that will be included in the package are evidently passenger based; on the other hand, I am very interested in the remake of CSX-HH, and especially by the promise of numerous switching activities.
    Let's remember that when TSW first appeared, it included one -- count 'em, 1 route. TSW 2's debut package will include 3 routes, one of which is a long anticipated and demanded (ha!!!) underground railway.
    Finally, I see that someone has suggested that setting up a separate forum for TSW 2. I don't see why DTG would do so unless a mud-proof filter has become available. I'm not saying that a product forum should prohibit negative reactions, but vitriol for the sake of vitriol accomplishes nothing for either its writers or, most certainly, the product those writers seek to demean and its makers whom they seek to insult and disparage.
    Basta, ragazacci maladetti, ora e per sempre Basta!

50. longo239

I think you find they exist in the real world.

All companies that make video games will do research, hold focus groups on any planned project, asking people what they want.

There is no way they would spend time and money developing software without knowing there was a sustainable market for them to get a return on that investment.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.