Steam Locos

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by lDanny Holand, Apr 17, 2020.

1. lDanny Holand

lDanny Holand Active Member

I dont care what loco but we need steam the game has been out for far too long to not have steam yet, you can't truly call it a train simulator if there isn't any steam.

• Like Like x 3
  2. femmerton

femmerton Member

3. TrainSim_Fan

TrainSim_Fan Well-Known Member

4. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

5. railway12

railway12 Well-Known Member

Yep, but not gonna happen.

6. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

I would love a steam-era route (like the Pennsylvania RR, NYC, or UP Sherman Hill in the 1940s-50s). I really don't know how steam locos would be done in the game. I agree that they would be amazing with all the motion and sound. Maybe DTG could start small with a heritage route (like Ffestiniog or something like that) and move up to the bigger engines we all want (Big Boy, maybe). An automatic fireman feature has been used in previous train sim games and could work in TSW2020. Multiplayer would make running a steam loco interesting, too.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
  7. RobbieTheUltraGamer

RobbieTheUltraGamer New Member

I would love steam trains to be added but I would not expect anything any time soon. If DTG were to release steam trains in the future I would assume the first route to get any sort of steam locomotive would be the West Somerset Railway (WSR is a heritage route) and I would not expect any massive steam locomotive. I think if DTG were going to add steam trains in the future they should start with a pannier tank.
    [​IMG]
    The above image is a pannier tank on the West Somerset Railway. In my opinion, f I was DTG and I was going to add steam locomotives in the future I would start with a pannier tank and I would make it for the West Somerset Railway route as a Loco DLC.

• Like Like x 1
  8. jagay

jagay Member

Please!

Castles and Panniers. Do the Riviera line in the 50s again, I'll buy it again, promise!

• Like Like x 2
  9. oscarvirgoe

oscarvirgoe Member

I'd like something like an LNER Peppercorn A1, or A3. Indeed on the opposite coast, LMS Coronation class, or Princess Royal. Even something earlier would be welcome, GWR 3700 class (including 'City of Truro') would be welcome (pre 'Big-Four").
    Finally, some Pullman coaches would be nice, whether that's on WSR, or on a new route set pre-nationalisation. I'm now rambling, but talking about Pullman, it would be extremley difficult as there are none surviving, and few recordings of its sound, but the Blue Pullman is something one could hope for, even if it will never come.

10. femmerton

femmerton Member

Train sim world 2 could bring in steam trains

11. TrainSim_Fan

TrainSim_Fan Well-Known Member

We know dont state the obvious.

12. thesuperpuffin

thesuperpuffin Member

Matt has said in the past that steam trains are possible but they are not sure how difficult of an experience to make it. They’ve said that they aren’t currently working on steam so we will have to wait for the roadmap before we can get any info

13. femmerton

femmerton Member

I'm not going to start this again