Euro Fishing Live Tournament Fish Count Error

Discussion in 'Xbox' started by Bacon Hoarder, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Bacon Hoarder

Bacon Hoarder New Member

I just played in my first live tournament today (10/10/2017), which consisted of catching as many fish as possible (size didn't count). I finished my 30 minutes with a total of 5 fish counted, despite catching at least 15-20 in that time. I would occasionally get a message in the leaderboard area saying "Error updating leaderboard" or something to that effect.

Is this a common occurrence in tournaments? I really enjoy this game, but I likely won't waste much time in tournaments if this is standard. My catches all gave me XP/TP, so it wasn't a complete loss.

2. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

Most tournaments only certain fish count. Example some tournaments only common carp and catfish count , then all your mirror carp , tench etc. doesn't count. That is the first factor. And yes that error you got is another big factor. When that happens you basically are disconnected from the leader boards and fish you catch is not being seen by the servers and not counted. I have experienced that error almost in every single session of a live tournament and it is very very annoying. I did also see however that if that disconnection is a very short time , only few seconds for example that a fish are counted when the connection comes back that I caught in that little time. So it's a bit hit and miss really when you are disconnected like that. But make sure on point 1 I made that you target the fish that counts. In the description it will say what fish count.

3. SPACE ODDITY

SPACE ODDITY Active Member

I wish they would do Manor Farm tournaments more often! I have been waiting for one for a couple of weeks now:mad::(:|

4. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

Ditto. Normally I don't care for tournaments but I want to get the 2 achievements dedicated for live tournaments at Manor

5. Bacon Hoarder

Bacon Hoarder New Member

Thanks for the reply, WikusMazal. In this particular tournament, every fish counted, I believe. I thought the same thing (only specific fish were counted) at first, but noticed that a bream didn't count once, then the next bream did. There were also a LOT of people on the leaderboard with a small number of catches, so I'm assuming this happened to many people.

To be fair, Xbox Live was experiencing some issues yesterday, so that may have been part of the problem. I'll give it another try and see how it goes. I love the whole concept of live tournaments, so I'm really hoping this isn't a common occurrence.

6. Bacon Hoarder

Bacon Hoarder New Member

Just wanted to update this thread in case someone new happens to read it and gets discouraged. I played in the October weekend tournament #2 with no problems at all. I hope this continues, because these are a lot of fun.

Also, Manor Farm tournament is up this weekend. Achievements inbound!