Amtrak Downeaster(boston To Brunswick)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Megatyguy12, May 30, 2018.

1. Megatyguy12

Megatyguy12 New Member

The route of the Downeaster is taken all the way from the lights of the city in Boston to the coast of Brunswick Maine. This route would be a great addition to the TSW collection since it features Commuter trains(MBTA), Regional trains(Downeaster), and freight operations(Pan Am). The route also feature breath taking scenery at the Scarborough marsh near Portland. The line has been around since the early 1900's and uses much of the original line,with track upgrades obviously. This route would also make the first ever route to utilize a NPCU (Converted F-40). So in the end I believe that the line from Boston to Brunswick would make a great addition to the TSW collection

• Like Like x 12
  2. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

That would be great!

3. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

Amtrak Downeastern goes through Durham New Hampshire it stops right by the wintmore center home of the Unh wildecats if Amtrak Downeastern ever becomes a Dlc route for train sim World then they’ll have to add a college like campus onto your in one of the New Hampshire towns.

4. JoeTransit

JoeTransit Member

That is a very isolated line but also very scenic. Perfect for those who like quaint and peaceful drives. Like me!

5. MidwesternRailroader

MidwesternRailroader New Member

The only problem with a route like this is licensing issues with Pan Am. The Portland Terminal route for TS20** was taken down because of this. This would also prohibit other versions of this route to be produced (such as a 50s version with the B&M and MEC railroads).

• Like Like x 1
  6. npalmer405

npalmer405 Member

For Train Sim World I would love to have MBTA Commuter rail. I would love to see the Amtrak Downeaster if a to choose one section of the route it would be from Portland to Rockland the pilot program keeps getting postponed to later dates but I hope they still do it. I would love to see this because I live between Portland and Rockland right by the station in Newcastle.

7. npalmer405

npalmer405 Member

Also all they need to do is make the map and make a P42

8. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

They retired the Portland terminal on train simulator I hope this route will come to train sim world 2 someday in the future.