Bugs I Found

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by benhhng, Jun 8, 2020.

1. benhhng

benhhng Member

Always out of memory.

Calculation of distance travelled is not accurate.

Hudson line:

Some platform have strange yellow black strip and "Missing texture".

London to Brighton:

The wind screen of train have rain fall in covered station.

Miami:

Amfleet 23m (real 26m).

NJ Transit:

The red light is yellow when far away.

The both single and double decker Cab car cannot open the door when at platform.

Northeast Corridor :

Amfleet 24m(real 26m).

The point turns itself at NY Penn and Trenton in Free Roam.

In Quick Drive, when chosing the 6 cars Amfleet with ACS, in the scenario, the drive aid
    displays that the loco is pulling 7 cars.(New York- New Haven)

Some coaches is missing in Trenton Free Roam.

Nuremberg and Regensburg:

The Talent2 stop at few seconds at 120km/h.

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

3. benhhng

benhhng Member

• Like Like x 1
  4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

It depends if what you think is a "Bug" is something that stops you playing the game
    Does the Amfleet coaches being 2m short stop you using them?
    Changing a model is not something which is done overnight - it takes many days creating an item in a program which has to be exported to the game - time cost money and if they looked at all these small things, which don't stop you playing the game, nothing would get made

Missing coaches in a Free Roam is because you have not placed them on the track

The ONLY thing in the list you have made that is wrong
    Hudson line: Some platform have strange yellow black strip and "Missing texture".

Should be fixed

Peter

5. benhhng

benhhng Member

And why in underground station will get hit by rain? Is it make sense in a simulation game?

The coach lost that is originally exist, but it disappeared, the 2d map still displays it : 20200412121247_1.jpg 20200412121323_1.jpg

6. benhhng

benhhng Member

Raining in covered Victoria Station

20200611083103_1.jpg

7. samsonbo

samsonbo Member

If these were the biggest "issues" in the game, I'd be ecstatic....these are miniscule, to say the least..

8. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Have you get a repaint from somewhere?
    That normally happens when a repaint is uploaded but the Geo files have not been copied across

Peter

9. benhhng

benhhng Member

What is repaint? These trains are original in color. The coaches are shorter and invisible, this is obviously the graphics have problem.
    And the roof cannot block the rain, this is the textures have problem. Also, the red signal light become yellow, I think this is more need a repaint.

10. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

There is no way for the roof to black the rain as it is not a solid object - and it has been like this since day 1 of this game back in 2011

11. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

Actually - at Victoria - sometimes the roof is broken in real life...., so it does rain inside the station.... ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  12. benhhng

benhhng Member

The objects no need to be solid? Then what is simulation? Why we complain the signals disappeared before? Why so serious?

The platform at GCT is also like that. So we accept that both as leaking?

13. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

There are two different types of objects in the game. Trains and everything else
    Trains have a physical form because you need to be able to couple them together and interact
    All other objects exist as a 3D model but don't interact with anything else - it is why the people on platforms walk thru buildings and each other and why if a bridge is too low or a platform is out of alignment it does not cause a derailment.
    It is a Train Driving Simulation which is what it does quite well - the rest is eye candy to make the simulation look real
    Like the overhead wires don't provide power to the trains - electric trains will run without them - the power is a setting in the track
    If the Signals disappear then it is worth complaining about as they are part of the simulation
    You are complaining about something that has been around for years
    Even in TSW the Underground Station in Leipzig the rain comes thru the concrete roof

Amfleet stock
    Have you made your Scenery Density to Full as that might stop the coaches appearing
    If they still don't appear try placing individual coaches on the track - you only need one of each type and see which are not showing.

You say they are the wrong length - did you measure them?

Peter

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. benhhng

benhhng Member

Simulation is simulation, I don't think there is "different kind".

Get wet in the underground station, I think it like a bitter pill more than candy.

There are many rails no need to use signal light today, I can also say that "why so persistent on signal light?" , isn't it?

The game said that the red coach of China Railway is 26m long, and the Amfleet coach is 24m long. And the Amfleet is shorter when two coaches put together. 20200614170814_1.jpg 20200614171309_1point.jpg 20200614171332_1point.jpg

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
  15. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Not sure I agree with this. Sega Rally is a car driving simulator. So is Gran Turismo 6. In essence so is Mario Kart. Wouldn't put them in the same category though as the customisation elements of GT6 are as much part of simming as the pure driving is, doesn't mean that SR isn't a simulator though

16. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

These errors have been around for Years but they don't stop you playing the GAME.
    If you can not live with that play something else

17. benhhng

benhhng Member

The signal light disappeared also don't stop you playing the game. Don't be double standard.

• Like Like x 1
  18. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

If you have a problem with a Signal tell us a bit more info rather than "The signal light disappeared"
    What route - Which Signal

19. benhhng

benhhng Member

Come on, we talking the Brighton line signal disappearred before. But it is not the main point, the main point is the Amfleet coaches smaller than real and invisible, and the underground stations have raining inside. Also, the signal red light in NJ are yellow when far away, you say it will not stop the game? If you driving 50mph approach to the signal, you see it is yellow light, and you found that it is red light when from several feet away, it may stop your game.

20. ARuscoe

That's a weird mistake to make but fair enough
    Probably a geopcdx issue on your machine
    A known issue as stated above
    Unless you can tab past it, in which case it will only stop you once...

21. benhhng

benhhng Member

So I have to press tab on every traffic light? It seems so disturbing. Why not adjust the color?

22. ARuscoe

No. Sometimes the dispatcher falsely sets lights at red, and those ones you can "TAB past". If all lights on all routes are all red then there's something seriously wrong

23. benhhng

benhhng Member

How can I know which light is true? Which light is false? Why I should press the tab on every light? The southern England line should replace the light. And the light of NJ should not edit? Why don't we imagine the rail on southern England equipped with ATC?

24. ARuscoe

If a light is on red and you press tab and is allows you to pass then that light is failed for some reason
    If a light is on red and you press tab and is denies you to pass then that light is either working or there's a bigger issue

25. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I have no idea what you are going on about
    "The southern England line should replace the light."?
    What does that mean?

There is nothing wrong with the Signals on the Brighton Mainline
    IF you think there is a problem with a Signal Post a Picture

And trying to compare the Signalling in the UK with that of the US is pointless
    We have AWS on the UK Routes which works quite well - try not cancelling the Horn that sounds in the cab and watch what happens

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
  26. benhhng

benhhng Member

The main point is why I should press the tab for every signal? Why the color of light cannot be adjust, let the player identify the light with a distance?

27. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

No
    The Main point is the route works OK For Everyone else
    Why should the route be changed because you have done something to your route

So No Picture of these "Defective Signals" then?

28. benhhng

benhhng Member

Many commuter rail around the world equipped with ATC, it is common.
    If you imagine the southern England line have ATC, then you no need to complain the absence of signal light. The game is still here, no signal light is not a problem. There might not make a storm through the net. So why we complain? Why there is double standard?

29. benhhng

benhhng Member

The route is original since I download it 20200614233043_1.jpg 20200614233053_1.jpg

30. 805 BENBOW

805 BENBOW Member

Unusual this as DTG support answer quite quickly so this is the first time this has happened. Sent an email to support over the class 43, LNER as there were fixes and no answer.

31. benhhng

benhhng Member

I have sent but it seems less mentioned.

32. 805 BENBOW

805 BENBOW Member

I watched a review by a well known youtuber and hope he has sent in a bug report or spoke to them about the class 43 LNER.

33. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

In the UK - Not America - We only have a few routes that have a sort of ATC (Cab Signalling) such as London to Faversham
    There is no need for ATC in the UK because our systems are better than those in the US
    We have AWS which warns the Driver of a Signal which is not Green or an upcoming Speed Restriction
    And there is TPWS which will apply the brakes on real trains if the driver over speeds or if he approaches a Red too fast.
    The TPWS will also apply the brakes if you go thru a red light

What is the problem with the Signals in the picture?

34. benhhng

benhhng Member

The Victoria line have ATO right? They no need to watch signal light too , right?

The upper picture is difficult to identify the color of light, isn't it?

35. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The Victoria Line is a 13 mile long SUBWAY route entirely underground with One type of train operating
    The Brighton Main Line is 51 mile route with a multitude of Services and Stations from 90 mph Express trains to 60 mph Freight services
    Not quite sure why you are comparing two different types of routes and trains?

Yes - On Your System
    Have you thought it could be Your Settings that is the Problem?
    My picture is taken around the same spot - you can see the Dwarf signal on the right and those Signals look Red to me
    Screenshot_North Jersey Coast Line_40.73483--74.03557_12-05-23.jpg
    You have been having people looking at Signals Disappearing even though they are visible.

I have wasted enough of my time on this thread - No wonder DTG Don't reply to you if you send them mis-information

36. benhhng

benhhng Member

Shinkansen have hundreds of miles of rail and 200mph of Express, they also no need to watch signal light.

So what is your setting of system?
    And the raining through the roof, and the invisible trains all are problem of my systems?

37. benhhng

benhhng Member

Other routes, also on US, their signal are clear, only NJ Transit like that, what does it mean?

20200618171112_1.jpg

20200618171141_1.jpg

Screenshot_Peninsula Corridor_37.33127--121.90313_12-02-08.jpg

38. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

SEP Field (Monty Python reference)

39. atomicdanny

atomicdanny Staff Member

Shinkansen have in-cab signalling because of the speed that they travel, the Brighton Main Line doesn't have in-cab signalling, so you have to look at signals (as is most of the UK - apart from St Pancras to Ebbsfleet / Ashford (and to France). The shinkansen is not a good example because the speeds it goes at, you can't see signals that's why it has in-cab signalling, London to Brighton, however, is a lot slower, so you can see signals in advance. (so you have to look at them, that's just how signalling works :) )

As for rain in the Victoria station, London Brighton was made before Tunnel Occlusions were added to the game. (so it's not a bug as such, because that's how it was when it came out)

Also not sure you know what ATO is - ATO is Automatic Train operation, so the trains drive themselves (for the most part), so there is no reason to look at signals.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  40. benhhng

benhhng Member

Thank you for explain, now I understand, I am not try to insult anyone, I also want the game more brilliant, and our fellas more smooth on making scenario and consist.

41. LewisInfiniti

LewisInfiniti Member

These aren't bugs. These are a few features that are slightly wrong but take absolutely nothing away from the gameplay.