Scenarios For Tsw20 Routes.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Rob39, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Since Dovetail have made the decision to stop supporting dlc routes that we have invested into, given (that at the very minimum) insinuations that more functionality would come to them were made. How about releasing a series of scenarios for each unsupported route, as an apology, or appeasement. Ie class 31 on NTP, mk1 tvl railtour? Class 33/52 on the GWML. Something more than what we have on ecw(Brighton to Seaford in a 33 perhaps) A class 101 WSR scenario. Class 40s and 45s could simply sub on the WSR couldnt they? The BR204 on RSN. Driveable Dostos on RRO as promised. A busy rush hour scenario on LIRR featuring M3 and M7 NEC ai stock added for interest, something people have been craving for. Might go some way to repairing trust with some of your community.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 11
  2. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

Great idea. It's a shame having that class 52 exiled in Somerset when it should be showing what it can do on the Paddington route. Let us have some interchangeability, 47s on the Tees Valley, 31s on Trans Pennine, 101 would be fun anywhere. We've paid for all these things and can't use them to their full potential.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Any time the question was asked about extra layers or subs. We were told time and again. No, but do what you like when the editor arrives. Well it hasnt, and these dlcs look like they wont be involved if there ever was one.

• Like Like x 6
  4. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

I've said exactly this before, releasing the odd free of charge scenario, perhaps one a month would have generated so much goodwill amongst the community.

The frustrating thing is that DTG did appear to be working on being able to use different loco's on different routes. Substitution, I think it was referred to. It worked best on the german routes, where there is more standardisation. The "rail tour" on the East coastway was another good example of this.

The impression DTG gave was that this was a feature they were actively implementing in TSW to add variety. I bought loco DLC on the expectation that I would be able to use them on any newer routes they released and that they would be needed once people starting making their own scenarios when the editor was released. This is why I am so peeved about all this preserved collection business.

• Like Like x 6
  5. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

100%. Agreed

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
  6. ralphy_porter2000

ralphy_porter2000 Active Member

I use the All UK mod to do exactly this.
    IDT if it is ok to link but if your interested Google it its easy to find and install.

FTI

7. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Yes, of course, more scenarios and sessions for TSW would be great, but how many of you have taken a look at what I think of as the "pre-editor activities"? They're available on Steam under the TSW heading and the guides subheading. Harmer and nickhawk pioneered this enterprise and I've added one of my own for the DB BR 204. As far as I can tell, this may be the most neglected of TSW possibilities, but I've found them well worth pursuing.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Good luck with that! They never did such a thing when they did support it, you've got more chance of Kylie Minogue coming knocking on your door asking to marry you whilst presenting you with a cheque for £300m!!!

9. ht-57

ht-57 Member

Interesting topic about the "scenario".
    Could you imagine a train sim where you could place any car/consist anywhere on a route be it loaded or unloaded, at any point even after playing a while, a day a month when ever you want, as well as interactive industries that you control and can place where ever you want and AI- all this this done with out an extra program, just do it on the fly while you play.
    Let it include multi player and raildriver support, no not support make it native to the game. Hell even have Ver1 content compatible with ver2 or even ver3 for that matter.
    when new routes are put out they are extensions of existing routes- dare I even dream of having a mainline of more then 50mi? . Perhaps not getting booted out of game cause I rolled past a red signal, better yet have the ability to control signals so I can travel any ware on the route provided ,lets make it a dispatcher panel?! physics that actually resemble real life train handling. could all of this even be possible in the year 2020????
    makes me wonder.................

10. montes_1234

montes_1234 Well-Known Member

Great looking game. But such a waste of potential. Almost everything feels unfinished. It seems to me that they don't care. They would otherwise reply here and there on this type of suggestions. Not interested in listening to the community. They maybe find every suggestion as an insult to them.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Trooper117

Trooper117 Active Member

I don't think that is the case... I'm sure they do take note as to what the community is saying, but implementing what each individual wants out of a game would be nigh impossible to achieve mate.

• Like Like x 1