Questions For Next Devstreams

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Rudolf, Jun 12, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

First I like to express my appreciation for the Q&A yesterday. Sam and Matt, you did a good job, even though I do not like all "No" answers.

The Q&A resulted in some new questions and I hope these can be answered in a next Q&A.

1. It was said there will be no bug fixes on the preserved content. I know Rivet games has submitted an update for the BR204. Will this update go into the bin or will it be published? Second, the class 20 may have bugs, will there be at least one round to fix bugs from feedback from the community?

2. Can the scenario planner be used on preserved routes?
    3. Can the livery designer be used on preserved routes?
    4. Will the mastery rewards be activated again on the preserved routes? I understand the progress will be lost, but would it be possible just to make a one time exception for this?
    5. While progress cannot be preserved is bad news of course, will the opportunity be taken to balance the action point system better. In the present system I think the points for pick up passengers is overrated with respect to freight runs where you van no stops. It also might be a good point to reduce the scale a bit, e.g. 5 points for driving a mile below speed limit, 3 for slight overspeeding, 10 max for stop, 10 max for picking up passengers etcetera. I am interested in if this can be changed and in the background on the decisions made.
    6. Can planned scenarios be saved somehow?
    7. Will the API for controllers be generally available and properly documented? (I would love to use it and do experiments with that functionality).
    8. Will the scenario planner support first person mode and setting initial engine state?
    9. Will we have two BR422 EMUs (one preserved and one TSW2 version) or can we use the improved BR422 at all routes?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
  2. Sintbert

Sintbert Well-Known Member

1. Bugfix for BR204 is in DTG QA testing and will most likely be delivered with the patch ahead of the Class 20 release. (Answered in earlier streams)
    2. No, answered in Q&A-stream.
    3. No, answered in Q&A-stream. (Guess you meant locos, not routes)
    6. Yes, but not officially extracted and shared in any way, answered in Q&A-stream.
    8. The scenario planer will most likely be a free-cam, easy to go around the map quickly. My guess.

3. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Thanks for your attempt to answer the questions. I watched the stream and I did not hear clear statements on 2 , 3, 5, and 8 in this respect. Matt explicitly said there are no limitations for the livery editor and scenario planner. He said though very clear the preserved engines cannot be used on the new routes. So I still like to have an answer from DTG if possible.

4. Sintbert

They explicitly said, NEW FEATURES work only on NEW CONTENT, that includes scenario and livery builder. You can look at it that way: Everything that comes out bevor TSW2 will work in TSW2 as it does in TSW1 and nothing more.

5. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

4. I'm pretty sure they said there will be mastery for new and old routes in TSW 2, but I could be mistaken.

6. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Has there been any improvements to weather visuals (not including the clouds)?

Such as improved fog, snow or rain visuals?

7. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

There has not been any such announcement to my knowledge.

8. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

在《模擬火車世界2》中將僅添加對動態雲的支持,即將更新天空中云的運動,但不會在遊戲過程中動態改變天氣

9. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

I look forward to the Scenario Planner - it will be nice to design my own scenarios in TSW2.

I like a certain element of surprise when I drive a scenario, particularly with the opposing AI traffic - and ideally with single track bottlenecks.

Will there be a certain element of randomness I can put into a scenario in terms of when AI traffic starts and what AI trains run? If I park a consist on a double track section, will AI traffic be able to navigate around it on the other track creating opposing traffic for the player train? Or will the AI just sit and wait on the same track for the obstacle to clear?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

A question in TSW2 will it fixed so that when you choose a route it will set to the route to the correct speed, not having to remember going into settings and checking and changing if needed.

11. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

I believe in one of the streams Matt said this could be done relatively easily (the route files would just require a single data variable telling the game which unit system to use on the route), but would require the re-cooking of all the routes, so it just doesn't worth the hassle.

12. Sintbert

Its not that simple, because on some routes you have both, look at London-Faversham high speed for Train Simulator. The classic bit is MPH signaled and also in MPH in the Loco Dashboard, but the new high speed part is in KMH and also shown in the loco in KMH. So, the HUD speed should also be changed at the same time as it switches over in the loco. At the same time the max speed would also be shown on the HUD and that also needs to switch over.
    So all of this is much more complicated than it looks on first sight.

13. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

Said it earlier in a other thread, but not one directed at TSW2 questions: what about the GP40-2? What's going to happen to it? Is it only going to be playable on NEC with no scenarios and no coil car, or will it be ugraded as a TSW2 DLC, or will it just be retired?

14. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Hi Sam...I have 1 question to add to the list for the next Q&A:

* In TSW2 can I pick which of the preserved routes / locos from TSW1 I choose to download ? ie Will the preserved routes be individually listed in TSW2's DLC tab in Steam allowing me to tick/untick what content will download OR is it a case of bring everything in or nothing at all from within TSW2 ?

Thanks

15. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

My most burning question is about the class 20.
    This would have been a must buy for me but until I know more I'll have to give it a pass.

Will this be compatible in anyway with the new engine or is it to remain a preserved item with just four scenarios?
    It's just too useful on BR routes to be so restricted.

• Like Like x 1
  16. fanta1682002

class 20 how much money

17. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

£11.49

18. fanta1682002

ok thank you

19. Michael Newbury

It sadly will be apart of the Presevered Content

20. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

Preserved just six weeks old...

And sold with absolutely zero support...

They're not even doing a preview stream tonight, it's kind of like they've given up on it. Feel sorry for the poor developers who spent their time on it

• Like Like x 3
  21. DeStijl

DeStijl Well-Known Member

My understanding is that there is a stream, but that it is tomorrow, launch day.

Is that not correct?

22. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

Yes, stream for the Class 20 should be Thursday

23. fanta1682002

24. Michael Newbury

Stream for the Class 20 is tomorrow

25. LucasLCC

I did say preview stream (like all the other releases have). And a preview stream is normally before the release (otherwise wouldn't be a preview)

26. longo239

Well it's looking like this "preview" stream is going to be on release day unfortunately.

27. Tizdaz

Tizdaz New Member

It's been said lots, ALL TSW 2020 content can be used on TSW 2

28. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

But the new features (scenario editor, livery editor, adhesion physics, dynamic skies) will not work on them. That's what David was asking about.

• Like Like x 1
  29. LucasLCC

Yes, you can use the TSW 2020 content through the TSW 2 launcher. However:

- You can't use these with Scenario Editor or Livery Editor (so that nice collection of trains you've purchased are obsolete)
    - None of the new adhesion features work on them.
    - No bugs will be fixed. Even recent releases are being abandoned with bugs in them.

In a few years we will probably have TSW 3, which will probably do the same to our TSW 2 content (and might even drop the TSW 2020 stuff completely).

I purchased a number of DLC in the past expecting that when the editor eventually appeared (and I have never been in a rush for said fabled editor), I'd be able to use all of this DLC. I never once expected them to make my entire collection obsolete.

• Like Like x 2
  30. longo239

And I can still use DOS in Windows 10!

Same principle, might be able to use it but can't use all of the Windows features.

31. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

Actually that's not completely accurate. All TSW2020 content will be usable on TSW2. Only a part of it at launch, the rest we don't know when will be available.

32. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Plus they wont actually get into the evolving part of TS2, but instead a locked away nostalgic TSW2020. Imagine you have a mainline network Ts2 then you have a preserved line TSW20 disconnected to the outer network but existing in the same time period.