I Beg Of You Please Please (doors)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by WickedGamer57, Sep 29, 2017.

?
  1. Keep it as it is

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Please change.

100.0%
  1. WickedGamer57

WickedGamer57 New Member

So basically I know this has been suggested before but more often than not in a rather large post with lots of suggestions, and what I really don't want to happen is for those suggestion to get lost.

Now for the suggestion... Make the doors have an actual release system, because as of know you just press a button and boom all doors are open.
    And you can also open with the mouse any door on the train regardless of whether or not the doors them selfs are unlocked. I personally think the only way you should be able to get into a train when it is cold and dark is to have a set of keys to unlock the front drivers cab and from therefor unlock passenger doors, please? I really don't want this to take on the same door trait as TS.

And I have another suggestion that has already been suggested somewhere I'm sure, but I just want to make sure I'm doing my every part in making sure that the devs are aware of these suggestions. I am not trying to spam or re-suggest.

Now for the second suggestion, please please add 5/6 car trains into service mode please!! It is so unrealistic only having three car trains in service mode. I know in the 'Down the Line' scenario there are 6 car trains so it is possible!!! Pleeease dovetail!

Cheers!

2. BenDragon81037

BenDragon81037 Member

GWR is a work in progress, currently there is no way to release the doors other then in the tab menu, there are plans for people to walk through the train, so I think it's early to make this suggesstion.

3. AlexNL

AlexNL Well-Known Member

In the cab of the Class 166 there are door release and close buttons which you can use. I'm not sure about the HST as I don't drive them that often.

4. WickedGamer57

WickedGamer57 New Member

You really don't understand fully what you're talking about plus you don't understand my question. Although I do appreciate your input.

5. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

From what I understand the current opening system is a workaround. I believe Matt (senior producer) said DTG have aspirations to make the passengers intelligent enough to open the doors themselves at some point. Whether or not this turns out to be feasible I doubt this will be happening any time soon.

I think Matt said there's an issue where they need to allow doors to open at any time otherwise passenger can't use them. I may not have quite understood what Matt said.

I believe Matt's already said he overlooked the timetabled 6 car trains so hopefully these should appear at some point. Apparently the 5 car trains require class 165s which are not implemented in TSW. No idea whether they will appear at some point.