Xbox Class 20 Sounds

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by lDanny Holand, Jun 18, 2020.

1. lDanny Holand

lDanny Holand Active Member

The sound in the class 20 keeps skipping and sometimes cuts out completely on 100% power

2. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

ok thank you

3. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Hmm I haven't noticed it yet but I admit I only played it a little before work. Will look out for it later (though I am on PS4 of course but should probably be the same)

4. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

i play on the PS4 and i find when in the cab the audio sounds are very muffled. the audio is not right at all. another thing i found when putting my head out of the window the sounds were muffled again. another dlc not gone through testing. the sounds seemed to be ok when using the outside cameras so far

5. lDanny Holand

Yeah outside cameras are fine, but when In cab it sounds like someone's blowing on a microphone

6. lDanny Holand

From videos I've seen it's not like it on ps4

• Like Like x 1
  7. joshbryant2001

joshbryant2001 New Member

I am having the same problem on xbox. The 20s sound is really good outside but on the inside there is sound problems

• Like Like x 1
  8. MegaSim

MegaSim Member

Im getting it on and off. Also the horn sounded different on the intro and 30min scenario, compared to the 2 x 45m scenarios I played (last night and this afternoon). The sound is weird where it thinks you're outside but in the cab so the noise is loud, but is rectified when you go out and back in again.

OTHER ISSUES

- Master key is a real pain to remove if youre in the seat with the key, you have to get it JUST right to get it out.

- The fuse box where you can remove the fuse to shut off the loco, is very blurry.

- On the intro, the audio from Matt kept repeating.

- on Relief driver, the written text within the game said about going to Middlebrough (missing the 's')
    the lights for the onboard gauges wasnt switched on, even though I set it at 100%

- when the train is facing backwards (as it does because of visibility), TSW thinks the front of the train is the other end of the wagons, not the loco end.

- When you brake at a red signal, the train then thinks it needs to go the opposite direction, so it thinks you're looking at a signal behind you (possibly part of the issue above of backward facing loco).

I have recorded all the intro/scenarios on my YouTube channel, if anyone from DTG wants to take a look (just uploading Relief driver as just completed it).

YouTube.com/MegaSim

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. MegaSim

MegaSim Member

It was nice to get the Class 20 at midnight on the dot, compared to the xbox issues with the M3 the other month

10. TinTin_57

there is a instrument light switch above your head to the left as well as the dimmer. Or did you already have that on and at 100%?
    Agree about the master key, I had to stand up before to get the right angle

11. MegaSim

MegaSim Member

I didn’t check above me, but maybe that scenario doesn’t have it automatically on.

Mira easy when you’re in the opposite seat to turn the key, but yea a real pain if you’re right next to it, as the throttle is in the way.
    Do you love it when you try and touch the heated job next to you

12. christophmkfranke

christophmkfranke Member

Hello everyone,
    So happy with the new Class 20.
    But I have experienced the same sound issues in the cab like described. Very dodgy sound esp. with accelerating.
    Don't know if I overlooked it, sorry if I did....but it seems the AWS warning hooter is a bit loud.
    Best greetings

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. MegaSim

MegaSim Member

haven't activated the AWS yet. will need to try it out next time :)

14. lDanny Holand

It almost sounds like someone blowing on a earphone mic

15. Greb

Greb New Member

In cab Audio issues here too- keeps cracking and popping, like someone hasn’t inserted an audio jack in properly.
    The audio also becomes very distorted when applying power, like the microphone used to recorded the sound has been ‘overloaded’.

Sounds outside the cab are fine.

16. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

Also issues here too. The sounds are very quiet under full power, and seems to stutter a lot.

It's a shame, as apart from this and a lack of content, it is otherwise pretty good.

17. TinTin_57

I’ve logged a ticket now for the sound issue (PS4)

• Like Like x 2
  18. Dave Mel

i think a ticket should be logged for lack content and imagination lol

• Like Like x 2
  19. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

First job on taking over a class 20 is to open the doors and windows. It sounds much better. ;)

20. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

Is this only between 5mph and 20mph, with a lot of power applied....? Can you describe when it happens....?

NB: I haven't noticed any sound bugs.... in normal running. But my normal running is a bit unusual.... :) I always run everything with all windows and doors open.... With this set-up I could not detect any bass distortions. However....

... with all windows and doors closed, the high end sounds of the diesel engine cut-out, and the cab is much quieter. If you then turn up the sound of your TV/headphones/AV system.... then you can get an uncomfortable sound while the traction motors are under the first field.... (series, probably).... it sounds like a very broken shunter.... BTW - if you do turn up the volume, then the AWS will become disturbingly loud.....

Is this the distortion you are getting (bassy traction motor sound, much lower pitch than a whine....)? Does it go away if you open the windows and doors...?

21. MegaSim

MegaSim Member

I
    I posted my issues on the forum and sent a ticket. Which one will respond first?

22. TinTin_57

Plastic Pal have a listen to my video from about 10:32 for around a minute or so. This is not even at full power. At full power it's much worse

23. Plastic Pal

Okay - I have not come across anything like that (on PS4 Pro) - I note also that every single other sound that layers over the top gets severely distorted as well. That's properly nasty. I wonder if they will fix it....? I look forward to hearing the feedback that you get from your bug report.....

I do still wonder if you can bury it by opening the windows/doors, and turning the volume down... but even if you did - it would still be there (presumably) - but, I think this is why I haven't noticed it so far - I can't see why you would get this, but not me.. Maybe it's the windscreen wipers tipping it over the edge... (I will do some tinkering.... and let you know...).

Gosh - it's nearly as bad as the problem that the DB BR 155 used to have.... ;-)

24. TinTin_57

Ha ha you are our friend Synthetic Angel are you not?

I think I did have the windows open in the video, I’d have to watch the whole thing back. Usually windows open is one of my first steps

25. Plastic Pal

Okay - I have finally managed to reproduce the sound bug on PS4 Pro..... But you are not gonna like it.... LOL...... My friend Belinda Carlisle found the answer.... OMG... the lyrics are so appropriate I nearly died laughing...:

By the way - I am not joking. It's the rain. Summer Rain. It's actually due to the Summer Rain. They did not test the soundscape for the Class 20 in Summer Rain - and it's real horror show. But... let me know... if you find this sound bug happening on a dry day - I reckon that you won't be able to reproduce it on a dry day. I can't, anyway. ;-O

Wowsers.

And it's not the windscreen wipers. It's the rain - but only after you get going. If you stand still, with the engine idling - then you can listen to the rain - and it's perfectly fine. If you like Standin' In The Rain, that is, but that is another song entirely....

NB: The rhythm of the rain (before you set off) seems to exactly match the pattern of the distortion (in time) later on.... to my ears anyway.....

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  26. Plastic Pal

Whispering our goodbyes waiting for the train
    I was dancing with my baby in the summer rain
    I can hear him saying: "Nothing will change
    Come dance with me, baby, in the summer rain"
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    The good intentions and the pain
    Lay drowned now in the pouring rain
    I tried to be so good this time
    But here I am un-der..... the sky

27. Plastic Pal

This bug can probably be caused by a random number of combinations of sound events (which could include rain, but could ultimately be any combo.....). But you can clear the bug, if you encounter it, as I now have a workaround (which works for me):

Workaround: If the sound bug is triggered, then simply select Free Camera, and cam away from the train until you can barely hear it (or can't hear it), and stay there (far away) for a few seconds, and then re-enter the cab camera view. The normal cab sounds should then be restored.

The bug still needs to be fixed. It's truly horrific. I guess you just can't get the QA people these days..... ;-O

28. TinTin_57

I’ll try it later ta

29. Dave Mel

one other thing ive noticed i tried this 20 on WSR on the 1015 service maidenhead to bishops lydeard and bad audio and underpowered coming up the steep incline from blue anchor to washford. i had it on full power and all i got out of it was 21 mph - 23 mph.
    im very disappointed with this class 20 its the worst loco ive bought from dtg... 4 services which only last 10 minutes and it only substitutes the other locos services... no imagination from who ever made this loco, and its really putting me of buying the new tsw in august.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

From what you guys describe it sounds like the sound system is out of sound channels/queues, or whatever they're called in the case of UE. I'm not expert in game programming, but Matt also seemed to though if this as well when in one of the recent streams the alerter didn't make a sound in the Class 66. So supposedly they might be aware of something like this going on.

31. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

There once was a train,
    Afraid of a few drops of rain.
    It went into a tunnel,
    Squeaked through its funnel,
    And never came out again.

• Like Like x 1
  32. Greb

Greb New Member

Nope, the cracking/popping sound is there even when you aren’t moving. It’s only when you are in the cab and the ‘correct’ I cab audio can be heared. A better way to describe it is like on and old gramophone, the pops you hear as the needle moves over the grooves on the record.

If you change camera views to outside and then switch back to inside again, you then sometimes trigger the other sound bug, and still have the ‘outside’ audio ‘inside’.
    It’s also in any weather condition, not just rain.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  33. Plastic Pal

I have now encountered this bug twice.... coincidentally both times were under the Summer Rain setting (BTW: I am now sure that it doesn't have to rain, but it has only happened to me when it was raining....). But I think you have described the trigger correctly - on both of the occasions that I heard the bug, it was following a transition from one set of sounds to another - changing from outside to cab view, or closing the door. I was able to clear the bug both times by free camming out to somewhere silent, and then switching back to cab view.

34. BR125

BR125 Well-Known Member

I am yet to be able to actually drive the class 20 in TSW2, this issue still exists with no comment at all from DTG.

• Like Like x 1
  35. Bob12212

Bob12212 Well-Known Member

What platform are you running on? I get a lot of crackle and pops over the audio with the class 20 (and 101 for that matter)

36. BR125

BR125 Well-Known Member

PC pal, yeah its really bad. its like the sounds are peaking the microphone that recorded them

• Like Like x 1
  37. ShodanCat

ShodanCat Member

the class 20 is still like this in 2022 and TSW3...

38. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

As an older add on, the chances of this receiving any further love seem unlikely - along with the still broken Chopper And Change scenario.

• Like Like x 2
  39. ShodanCat

ShodanCat Member

you're not wrong, but let's be clear - the addon is still being sold. if there are bugs in a DLC product still being sold for a "parent" product that is also still being sold (and regularly updated) i don't think it's wrong in this case to expect fixes for more 'glaring' issues like this one.

40. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Oh I fully agree that anything still being sold should be fully supported.