PlayStation Class 20 Steps

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Gilly, Jun 18, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

When in cab and attempting to climb down the prompt only allows you to 'climb up'. Not a huge one but plenty of virtual broken ankles!
    PS_Messages_20200618_130425.jpg

2. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Well that's kinda weird, cosidering every other rolling stock in the game has a "climb down" option as well, from what I know.

3. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Gilly just jump off like I do everytime lol. Kind of dangerous I know ha ha

• Like Like x 2
  4. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

I do, expecting everytime to hear tomb raider/day z crunch as I virtually break my leg!! Middlesbrough General is going to be busy!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Btw I just watched the release stream and the steps seem to work there? When Sam walked to the door it gave him the option to climb down the steps.

6. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

You're standing in the right place, but the Climb Up / Climb Down Steps whatchamacallit reacts to where you are looking. Since you're looking at the ground, it thinks you want to climb up. Just "look" upward until you see the Climb Down Ladder and you'll see that indicator. As Tin Tin 57 suggested, you can also just keep moving forward through the door and let "gravity" do the rest.
    Ladder or Steps use has become inconsistent among TSW engines: in some cases, climbing up or down has a one-step-at-a-time effect; but in others, it's one-step-at-a-time climbing up and a single leap going down. Let's hope first aid is near!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

Funnily enough, you can climb the steps at the nose end of the Class 20, and shimmy along the ledge of the entire locomotive front and down both sides.... just like in Tomb Raider..... No giant spiders though. Or snakes. No snakes on a train.