Shinkansen - Kyoto / Shin - Osaka To Shin - Kobe

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Drawyah, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Drawyah

Drawyah Member

If DTG is looking for a short Nozomi Shinkansen route then the hop between Shin-Kobe and Shin-Osaka or potentially Kyoto would be a perfect fit! The distance between Kobe and Osaka is around 31km and gives you 15 minutes of Shinkansen driving, while a trip between Kobe and Kyoto is 85km in length and provides 29 minutes of high-speed driving, including non-stoppers which allows you to reach maximum speed. There are also several JR West lines that run alongside this, providing a stopper service at all towns and villages en-route.

The Shinkansen has always been a popular route with railfans, being the first high-speed rail network to revolutionise rail travel. No simulator has ever done it justice, nor have we seen many attempts other than a few Densha De Go! games in the early 2000s.

Below I have pasted a Google Maps screenshot of the route. The distance, timing and service options would absolutely fit perfectly with DTG's current ethos of medium-length, high-variety packages!
    upload_2020-6-13_0-26-59.png

• Like Like x 8
  2. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

Nice, but I’m sure 31km isn’t a good choice for a high speed route, maybe extend it to around 40 or more miles (around 64km) like the Koln route for TSW 2?:)

3. MetrolinkF125#916

Otherwise it would be a great idea for a TSW 2 route.;)

4. TrainSim_Fan

TrainSim_Fan Well-Known Member

85km making it the longest route in the game and at best only takes 29minutes. It's a no for me that's far to quick.

• Like Like x 1
  5. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

Given the mix of JR's I wonder if going Osaka to Nagoya would be a better option. It is 170km but would give a better chance for some speed. It's also single stock (N700) which given each train is 16 cars would cut down on the modelling time vs the 500/700/N700 on the Western section..

Also it means only having to negotiate with JR Central rather then both JR Central and JR West. (For those not familiar each JR region is a separate company with differing ownership - some are fully private, others a mix of government and private - they work together under a common brand similar to National Rail in the UK)

Con of that option is Matt P can't put his favourite Series 500 in the game (though given what products that cat has been licensed to it might be possible)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  6. TrainSim_Fan

170km no way never.................keep wishing.

7. fabdiva

Would probably still be quicker then dealing with two JR's ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I like the idea of around half an hour of high speed driving. Any less than that and it would be a bit disappointing. With TSW2 reported to be able to handle such high speeds I think this route would be an excellent way to show off that capability and really shine.

• Like Like x 1
  9. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

japan route

• Like Like x 1
  10. MetrolinkF125#916

Well with the TSW 2 update, DTG now has capabilities for longer routes and can handle high speed rail, as seen with the ICE route, if 155mph can be handled with TSW 2 then for sure 170mph (I can only guess but that is a kinda reasonable prediction). Since DTG can now create longer routes then maybe we would see this, or at least a little bit shorter.

11. TrainSim_Fan

Longer routes maybe but like DTG wont do longer routes........................they've always had the tech to make longer routes they're just to lazy to. Note : If you disagree..................IDC.

Edit : speed has nothing to to with their ability to make longer routes.................so your point?????

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  12. MetrolinkF125#916

Well, besides the Bakerloo line, there’s 2 new longer-than-current-average routes in TSW (1 for pc, 2 for console players) sand patch and the new ICE route. Having them at least above 40 miles in length is a good thing, so I can at least hope DTG will make longer routes. If they don’t well then they just screwed up the whole TSW thing.

13. TrainSim_Fan

ICE route isn't the one of the longest. XD

• Like Like x 1
  14. djhawtin1

djhawtin1 Well-Known Member

[removed by Protagonist - stop being needlessly aggressive toward other users]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2020
  15. fabdiva

Also while TS Classic, I believe Union Workshop are working on a Tohoku Shinkansen route. They've been teasing images of a Work in Progress JR East E5 series, so I'm guessing they are doing a route to run it on aswell. Not sure if it'll be through Steam or Third Party as Google translate and Chinese are not the best combination.

• Like Like x 2
  16. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

If dtg is gonna make a high speed route, it has to be a full line route not a short route. One of the main complaints with high spped routes is that they are too short and they get done quickly espically with the new high speed german route. So future high speed routes have to be full line and dtg has to figure out how they are gonna make either much longer or full line high speed routes because with sand patch grade shows that dtg can make a long full line route if they are committed so they have to do that with future high speed routes which is why i'm not looking foward to the new german high speed route and 15 minutes of a Japanese high speed route would make people unhappy as well so I think that's a horrible suggestion

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  17. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

very good japan route

• Like Like x 1
  18. alexander.s

alexander.s Active Member

If Tokaido Shinkansen than full from Osaka, Kyoto, Nagoya, Hanamatsu with Traincare, Fuji, Yokohama and to Tokyo.
    And if Sanyo Shinkansen than full from Osaka all way west to Hakata on Kyushu.
    And the Scenery placed mostly by an algorithm an AI.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 2