Train Sim World 2 Community Question Thread By Stevenjam

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by StevenJam, Jun 9, 2020.

1. StevenJam

StevenJam Member

Good day everyone. I would like to post this mega thread of questions asked by members of the community. The goal of this is gather as many questions as we can into one easy to find post for DTG Protagonist. If anyone has any questions they would like added leave them as a new comment and i'll try to add them to the list. List made by StevenJam

(Steven Jam) In regards to the functional crossings on Sand Patch grade will these still be in there and has a solution been found to introduce them on other routes in TSW 2?

(Steven Jam) What version of the Unreal Engine is being used for Train Sim World 2?

(Steven Jam) Are there any preview images of what an ingame scenario and repaint editor will look like?

(Steven Jam) Are there any changes with the substitution system coming due to the introduction of multiple skins being present?

(Steven Jam) How are these multiple skins stored? Separate .PAK file from the main route or stored within the core files somewhere?

(Steven Jam) What if any changes are coming to the UI and Mastery Systems?

(Steven Jam) What features are you ( DTG Staff, Matt, Sam, whoever ) looking forward to the most with this update?

(Steven Jam) Another question I recently thought about is are there any changes to the current sound engine? Sounds cutting in and out now and again or different sounds not playing due to audio channel limits? May become a more technical thing but still would be interesting!

(Steven Jam) With the upcoming German Route will we see substitution of the Dosto Consists and freight making their way onto the line? Would be interesting to see some more regional services and or freight runs across the route.

(Steven Jam) Will the Scenario editor only allow quick drive style runs similar to TS1 or will we see the option to add our own custom AI and create custom runs, stopping patters, ect...

General Community Questions

(Easilyconfused) Scenario tool allow me to create scenarios with stock from other lines i.e. can I use the WSR 47 out of Paddington on GWE?

(Easilyconfused) Will the Dovetail Live integration be fixed so I don't have to provide email address and password every single time I logon on both PC and PS4?

(djhawtin1) What Platforms are they on?

(Easilyconfused) Has DTG been working with nvidia to get TSW 2 into the Geforce Experience program so the optimum settings are suggested rather than us having to endlessly play with setting to figure out what is best for our systems?

Community Questions from TSC Discord

(Acela1a) Will rolingstock from previous routes in Train Sim World 2020 be set up to substitute with the new and future TSW 2 DLC?

(Wintermute89) Will the map be overhauled to show more information on the route, e.g. station/town names, maybe a satelite view?\

(Muff) Is the key 9 map updated with more informations (platform names, station names, siding names)

(RamanySquare) Will ICEs be usable on HRR, RRO?

(Acela1a) With regards to the Bakerloo Line especially, does the amount of passengers waiting on the platform will be more crowded such as rush hour compared to off-peak times of the day?

(Digital Draftsman) 'Will there be a situation in the future where TSW locomotive DLC will have to be purchased again, e.g. the Class 31. Will we have to buy the Class 31 again for TSW2 to get complete functionality with future route DLC?'

(Digital Draftsman) 'Will the issue with all the train doors opening, even if the train is beyond the end of the platform, be corrected in TSW2?'

(CJDipper) TSW felt very much like quantity over quality, so I'm kinda wondering if we'll see more time spent on DLC with TSW2 or if we can expect the same two to three month cycle between releases.

(storlied) The biggest question of all, it blur on the wheels fixed?

(Acela1a) "Will there be the option for the weather to change such as from rain to snow in a concurrent session?"
    RamanySquare) "With the livery editor, will we have the ability to run multiple liveries concurrently?"

(storlied) Does dynamic skies mean dynamic weather?

(Acela1a) "Will Passenger react to the current weather such as during snow they will have warmer clothing or during rainy sessions to having rain coats and umbrellas?

(Acela1a) "Will there be support for multiple timetables on TSW2 routes such as Weekdays, Weekends, Holiday, special, & etc...?"

(Digital Draftsman) 'With longer train lengths and adhesion being big features of the game, will we get more information such as the train length/weight (as is given to train crews in reality) to allow us to correctly drive the train?

(Yerolo) Does dynamic skies mean dynamic weather?

(Acela1) "Will there be more interactivity with passenger cabin interiors with things opening & closing window curtains, turning on & off reading lamps, opening & closing overhead Luggage compartment doors, changing lighting levels such as mood lighting, bright to dim, & etc...

(Yerolo) "A new controller scheme will give great choices on Camera and Driving modes and allows easier access from external camera mode to enter another vehicle in your consist" -- Makes me think they will add in an option to switch to passenger view on the fly....like how you could press "5" in TS1 to switch to passenger view

(Digital Draftsman) 'Will it be possible to customise the control mapping, e.g. keyboard/gamepad functions? (Referring to things such as mapping camera zoom on consoles)

(storlied) Are there any updates to AI / Passenger only physics?

(Acela1) Will there be working Digital Passenger information displays at stations such as showing the trains departure time, destination, status, & etc...?

(Acela1) "If there will be multiple timetables supported on routes, will there be the option for users to create their own custom timetables?"

(Wintermute89) With the new adhesion feature will sanding actually work and have an impact on locomotive driving?

(Lord Castellan Creed) Is DTG still planning on resolving bugs on old dlc. Stuff like the class 47 being underpowered, or the bridge and platform clashes on various routes?

(TinTin_57) Do console users have the original routes of GWE, RT, NEC on physical disc only, will these be available in TSW2? Hoping we don’t need to leave TSW installed because it’s the only place we can play those and the NEC dlc. Everything else is digital purchase so would carry over.

(ROB S) Have PS4 original 2018 tsw disk lots of dlc linked to my account. Now, recently picked up TSW 2020 and the ntp heavy freight pack on the recent steam sale, for a PC that hasnt yet been purchased. So that game and its dlc hasnt been activated on my account. Will I need to set up 2 seperate accounts on dtl you think?

(Muff) Did you already port some of the existing DLC (exept HH) to the new TSW 2 to be sure that all of our owned DLCs will work like they did with TSW1 ?

(mobbsapprentice) Will the free camera work in the London Underground tunnels though?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  2. StevenJam

StevenJam Member

This one is a bit more of a feature request of Route Maps and informational loading screens. Similar to the old Train Simulator / Railworks screens. Being able to know a bit about the route while loading into it would be an enjoyable feature. Example picture. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  3. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Yes I was going to ask if DTG could show us a picture of something that theyve done with livery creator, and if we need our base tsw2020 permanently installed for TSw2 to register that we own certain dlcs or stock.

• Like Like x 3
  4. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Splendid questions, both of you. Keep them coming.

• Like Like x 3
  5. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

This question is a great one , considering for example my TSW install clocks in at 156GB id much prefer and option of importing or having TSW2 re download applicable data than maintain both versions.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

The Intercity 125 in GWE. Has a large metal GWR name plate/logo on the side of it. That was stated as a problem for simply reskinning it. Is that still the case?

7. lucas_5_5

lucas_5_5 Well-Known Member

i will be disapointed if we cant use tsw2020 trains in tsw2.

8. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

We can.

9. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

• what's the state of dynamic weather conditions is it on the roadmap or mothballed
    • passenger information services, in loco systems like EBuLa any plans ?
    • are there any core features of the UE4 update that we can hope to see, for example better handling of distant shadow rendering, updated lighting models ?
    • was there work conducted to try and avoid or improve compatibility to enable future core engine updates to be carried out without such major rework been required (within reason :D)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

From what I have read about TSW2 everything you own in TSW2020 can be played in TSW2 the only difference is the data from what you have done in TSW2020 will not transfer over. So you would starting fresh in TSW2.

• Like Like x 1
  11. lucas_5_5

i mean if we cant use tsw2020 trains in new tsw2 routes. for example: db br 146 plus Dostos for Koln-Aachen line.

12. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

You still can. They just wont be up to the same spec as TSW2 offerings I imagine. Plus dynamic skies are listed in TSW2 features.

13. lucas_5_5

That would be good news so...

14. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Im likening it to locos from ts2014 being used in scenarios on routes made in 2020

• Like Like x 1
  15. Doomotron

It's like in Gran Turismo 5 where there were high-quality 'Premium' cars which had detailed models and low-quality 'Standard' models imported from the PlayStation 2 and Portable versions of Gran Turismo. Standard cars had no interior view (when in the inside view, you'd only see a silhouette of the dashboard) and you couldn't use them in photo mode.

It allowed for the game to have over 1000 cars, but 80% of the cars were pretty appalling quality. The Suzuki Alto Works looked like it was a Minecraft mod!

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. StevenJam

StevenJam Member

Another question I recently thought about is are there any changes to the current sound engine? Sounds cutting in and out now and again or different sounds not playing due to audio channel limits? May become a more technical thing but still would be interesting!

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

I hope that was high on the list of reasons for upgrading.

18. lucas_5_5

Bringing an Underground line makes me feel that there are going to be sounds upgrades, because half of the line is a tunnel, and we know that use to make some sound trouble when going in or out of some tunnels in some routes.

19. CryPosthuman

CryPosthuman Member

Well, technically it shouldn't be a problem to just let the new TSW 2 application look for the TSW 2020 profile files and take all the data from there.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  20. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Unless we buy it as a seperate game but if you have TSW installed you can simply choose to overwrite it with TS2?

21. Michael Newbury

This is straight from the article

Will my progress and save game carry over?
    No. You can play your Add-On routes and locos within Train Sim World 2, but your existing save data will stay safely within the original Add-On for Train Sim World 2020.

You can continue that progress anytime within Train Sim World 2020, or you can begin fresh in Train Sim World 2.

Dovetail Live will track all your progress from both games and their Add-Ons, including your driver level, online logbooks and driving debriefs.

22. StevenJam

StevenJam Member

Gathered a bunch of general questions i've seen so far into this one comment and hopefully it is easier for Sam to get a general feel for what questions there are.

(Steven Jam) In regards to the functional crossings on Sand Patch grade will these still be in there and has a solution been found to introduce them on other routes in TSW 2?

(Steven Jam) What version of the Unreal Engine is being used for Train Sim World 2?

(Steven Jam) Are there any preview images of what an ingame scenario and repaint editor will look like?

(Steven Jam) Are there any changes with the substitution system coming due to the introduction of multiple skins being present?

(Steven Jam) How are these multiple skins stored? Separate .PAK file from the main route or stored within the core files somewhere?

(Steven Jam) What if any changes are coming to the UI and Mastery Systems?

(Steven Jam) What features are you ( DTG Staff, Matt, Sam, whoever ) looking forward to the most with this update?

(Steven Jam) Another question I recently thought about is are there any changes to the current sound engine? Sounds cutting in and out now and again or different sounds not playing due to audio channel limits? May become a more technical thing but still would be interesting!

(Steven Jam) With the upcoming German Route will we see substitution of the Dosto Consists and freight making their way onto the line? Would be interesting to see some more regional services and or freight runs across the route.

(Steven Jam) Will the Scenario editor only allow quick drive style runs similar to TS1 or will we see the option to add our own custom AI and create custom runs, stopping patters, ect...

General Community Questions

(Easilyconfused) Scenario tool allow me to create scenarios with stock from other lines i.e. can I use the WSR 47 out of Paddington on GWE?

(Easilyconfused) Will the Dovetail Live integration be fixed so I don't have to provide email address and password every single time I logon on both PC and PS4?

(djhawtin1) What Platforms are they on?

(Easilyconfused) Has DTG been working with nvidia to get TSW 2 into the Geforce Experience program so the optimum settings are suggested rather than us having to endlessly play with setting to figure out what is best for our systems?

Community Questions from TSC Discord

(Acela1a) Will rolingstock from previous routes in Train Sim World 2020 be set up to substitute with the new and future TSW 2 DLC?

(RamanySquare) Will ICEs be usable on HRR, RRO?

(Acela1a) With regards to the Bakerloo Line especially, does the amount of passengers waiting on the platform will be more crowded such as rush hour compared to off-peak times of the day?

(Digital Draftsman) 'Will there be a situation in the future where TSW locomotive DLC will have to be purchased again, e.g. the Class 31. Will we have to buy the Class 31 again for TSW2 to get complete functionality with future route DLC?'

(Digital Draftsman) 'Will the issue with all the train doors opening, even if the train is beyond the end of the platform, be corrected in TSW2?'

(CJDipper) TSW felt very much like quantity over quality, so I'm kinda wondering if we'll see more time spent on DLC with TSW2 or if we can expect the same two to three month cycle between releases.

(storlied) The biggest question of all, it blur on the wheels fixed?

(Acela1a) "Will there be the option for the weather to change such as from rain to snow in a concurrent session?"
    RamanySquare) "With the livery editor, will we have the ability to run multiple liveries concurrently?"

(storlied) Does dynamic skies mean dynamic weather?

(Acela1a) "Will Passenger react to the current weather such as during snow they will have warmer clothing or during rainy sessions to having rain coats and umbrellas?

(Acela1a) "Will there be support for multiple timetables on TSW2 routes such as Weekdays, Weekends, Holiday, special, & etc...?"

(Digital Draftsman) 'With longer train lengths and adhesion being big features of the game, will we get more information such as the train length/weight (as is given to train crews in reality) to allow us to correctly drive the train?

(Yerolo) Does dynamic skies mean dynamic weather?

(Acela1) "Will there be more interactivity with passenger cabin interiors with things opening & closing window curtains, turning on & off reading lamps, opening & closing overhead Luggage compartment doors, changing lighting levels such as mood lighting, bright to dim, & etc...

(Yerolo) "A new controller scheme will give great choices on Camera and Driving modes and allows easier access from external camera mode to enter another vehicle in your consist" -- Makes me think they will add in an option to switch to passenger view on the fly....like how you could press "5" in TS1 to switch to passenger view

(Digital Draftsman) 'Will it be possible to customise the control mapping, e.g. keyboard/gamepad functions? (Referring to things such as mapping camera zoom on consoles)

(storlied) Are there any updates to AI / Passenger only physics?

(Acela1) Will there be working Digital Passenger information displays at stations such as showing the trains departure time, destination, status, & etc...?

(Acela1) "If there will be multiple timetables supported on routes, will there be the option for users to create their own custom timetables?"

• Like Like x 2
  23. levelzwei2

levelzwei2 Member

-Can we use the Br 422 for S12/13/19
    -Is the Br 442 for the new Köln Route the same as RT or do we get a new one with better Physics and Sound (because the from RT has in my opinion too weak brakes)

24. SaMa1

SaMa1 Active Member

- Why should anyone buy anymore DLC for TSW2020 if those purchases are not updated anymore in TSW2?
    - Do previous DLC owners get discount for those "remastered" DLCs?
    - Does ICE3 include working Ebula-system?
    - Does ICE3 include working LZB-system?
    - Are neutral sections implemented on new routes(I believe Bakerloo has also gaps between sub-station sections causing heavy arcing if driven power on)
    - Can you see more pronounced arcing in some weather conditions?
    - Can you operate London Underground doors as a train guard from the passenger compartment panel?
    - Are there working mirrors on platforms on Bakerloo line?
    - Does the adhesion update also better simulate adhesion during braking?

• Like Like x 1
  25. Michael Newbury

Another question if I purchase content for TSW2 will it be added to my TSW2020 as well or vice versa

26. Maxxxxx

Maxxxxx Well-Known Member

Will there be more graphical options? Like will we be able to turn of the bloom e.g.?

27. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

28. Ben_Broomfield

Ben_Broomfield Well-Known Member

Will the roadmap be regularly updated to show progress or delays with content development?

Is there going to be a new approach to bug fixing/fixes in general with TSW2? Are they going to be left untouched/abandoned like the bugs within TSW currently or is there going to be a more prompt/‘supportive’ approach?

Will you be able to have the option to widen FOV similar to what’s available within TS1, or even move your prospective back? For me the standard FOV is to closeup & doesn’t feel ‘normal’. Some more user control would be nice!?

• Like Like x 4
  29. Doomotron

Will there be updates to existing routes, like adding a Class 313 for East Coastway? Would this go with an update to the original route?

• Like Like x 4
  30. Agent007

Agent007 New Member

Will it be possible to make the NYC Subway in Train Sim World 2 specifically the BMT J & Z lines since its only 30 stations and its only 13.5 miles long? nyc-metro-route-z-nassau-street-express-map (1).png

• Like Like x 4
  31. NJ Transit 4045

NJ Transit 4045 New Member

If you own an existing route in TSW and that route is released/recreated for TSW2. Would there be a discount offered when you buy the new DLC?

• Like Like x 1
  32. Mr T

Mr T Well-Known Member

Have you watched the latest Q&A stream?

In short, your current existing TSW routes become "Preserved" and are usable in TSW 2. The significance being you can't use any new TSW 2 features with the preserved routes, like the scenario planner or livery designer. These new features can only be used on the new TSW 2 routes.

It doesn't sound like they're going to re-release routes specifically to TSW 2 apart from CSX Heavy Haul but might be worth keeping as a question.

From what I've seen there's only the fixed price of &24.99 (UK) and no discounts.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
  33. Hooch

Hooch New Member

You say to "not yet" in regards to UE5, but some of the features of that engine will be added back into UE4, will you be locked in to the current engine version again or will you be able to make use of these new features when they get added in?

34. NJ Transit 4045

NJ Transit 4045 New Member

What I was asking if a route is re-release and upgraded specifically to take advantage of all the improvements and features of TSW2. Would there be a discount to current owners of the route, so the double dipping is less painful.

• Like Like x 1
  35. FileTrekker

FileTrekker Member

I'd quite like most of the questions on the tream to be answered again but for there to be a 'why' as opposed to just saying 'no' and leaving it at that with no justification.

For example, why do you refuse to have station announcements?
    Why do you refuse to have working PIDs?
    etc.

• Like Like x 1
  36. Mr T

Mr T Well-Known Member

NJ, Ok sure. Don't quote me but if they have spent time on upgrading it then I think you're going to have to pay for it again. They upgraded CSX Heavy Haul and it sounds like I'll have to pay for it again even though I'm a PC user who had it in TSW 1. It's worth asking the question again for clarity but I suspect you'll find this is the answer.

37. Mark28189

Mark28189 Member

Will we be able to set the trains to Cold/dark in the scenario planner, also will we be able to set fuel levels ?

• Like Like x 2
  38. Dynamite Andy

Dynamite Andy Member

Console q: are these going to be available as next gen console titles as well as current gen?

39. eurocityboy

eurocityboy Active Member

1) Will the new adhesion/wheel-slip physics only apply to new content in TSW2, or also to preserved content ported from TSW2020? I.e., if I drive a Class 40 on NTP in TSW2, will it have new adhesion/wheel-slip physics?

2) Will the new timetable with additional services for CSX HH be back-ported to TSW2020, or does it only apply to the re-released route in TSW2 ?

3) Is there any way we could have a service/substitution layer to add freight traffic to Cologne-Aachen (using rolling stock from the preserved collection)? German routes without freight are boring IMHO.

4) Will substitution still work in TSW2? Will I still see freight cars from Peninsula Corridor on CSX HH?

Thanks!

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
  40. VION

VION Active Member

Hi,
    Any words about the next camera option features? I would like an explanation about the new camera option feature in TSW2 to know what will be possible to make with the whole cameras modes. Thanks (That hasn't covered in the Q&A recent video).

41. eurocityboy

eurocityboy Active Member

I forgot a big an obvious one: Will I still be able to buy TSW2020 DLC after TSW2 is released, or will TSW2020 DLC be taken off sale?

42. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

They answered that in the stream and the answer was Yes.

• Helpful Helpful x 1