PlayStation I'm Very Reluctant To Buy Tsw 2, And This Is Why..

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Gav, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Gav

Gav Active Member

I just cant justify paying another £40-50 for another TSW game when the one I have has so many issues and bugs, and refusal to fix these issues!!!. TSW has so many bugs in it, there is so much wrong, but it never gets fixed, all that happens is a new DLC comes out which we have to pay for, and we get all the patches and downloads for the new DLC, but the other bugs/issues are just left, left to rot for us players, we just have to deal with it.

No more.. I won't be duped again, all you care for is to make new trains/routes for us to pay for, but all the stuff we have paid for previously is just left broken. I have so many trophies that I am owe'd, I have done the requirements but the trophies won't pop, I have completed so many of the objectives in the mastery system and have not been given the rewards!!!!. There are so many signal and train errors, way too many to list (you all know what they are)

I have contacted dovetail many times, I have emailed them at least 6-7 times asking for a fix, I have not wrote emails like "Oi you fix this now" Nope, I have sent them very polite emails, which address the issue and if they can please fix it so I can progress, but on every occasion I am ignored, never ever got a reply, totally blanked.

Now you may ask, why play it then? well this comes down to my love of trains and the actual hobby, there is no competition, there are no other train games on PS4, nothing, because there is no competitor I simply have no other choice. I am not a PC gamer, I have a cheap laptop... I only game on PS4.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

TSW2 won't be £40-50, they have stated it will be £25.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

You don't have to pay £50. If you are referring to TSW 2... then that will be £24.99, as stated. You will be able to pick it up for maybe £15 in about a year, if you want. But yes, before you invest a further £24.99... before you do that, you have to be happy with what you are getting....

- three routes (all of which should be quite nice), any/all of which might be a bit broken;
    - broken trophies (or maybe this will get fixed in TSW2); and,
    - Mastery v2 (some sort of log-book thing?).

Personally, I think £24.99 is probably worth a one-off punt/gamble. Repeated punts - I don't know.... but I am intrigued by the Bakerloo Line...

As a PS4 player - I would strongly recommend TSW2 to you.... because of the presence of an updated CSX. If you have liked anything about freight on TSW, then I think that you will get something really worthwhile with CSX (I have it on PC - and it is quite interesting to see the scope of the content, compared to later DLCs.....)

You can play TS1 on a cheap laptop (less than £300).

• Like Like x 4
  4. kingus.uk

kingus.uk Active Member

Gav - if you are that worried about it / unhappy with DTG/TSW2020, then don't buy it. Wait, read what people write on these forums. Hope there is a sale in a few months after release (there tends to be with niche games, after the initial selling period has passed).

I suspect you'll be able to pick it up for £15ish next year, and you'll be going into it knowing exactly what to expect.

• Like Like x 3
  5. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

Yeah- that's what I thought when I bought TSW a few months ago. "Looks worth having now" I thought, "and it will only get better over the years to come as it gets further developed and new DLC is released."

How I laughed when I read about TSW2.

• Like Like x 2
  6. mark.bolter

mark.bolter Active Member

They’ll be a lot of folk putting YouTube videos up for TSW2 when it arrives so you can judge for yourself if it’s worth it or not...at £25 I think it’s worth it but I might hold off till I know more about the game.

• Like Like x 2
  7. TrainSim_Fan

TrainSim_Fan Well-Known Member

£25 for 3 routes and new features, you cant really complain can you??? If you have an issue then...............dont but it.

• Like Like x 3
  8. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

If they're routes you want, or even if a couple of them are routes you want, then no of course not- but in that case people would buy it anyway.

"Don't buy it" I presume you meant but the issue is that, having bought TSW under the impression that it would continue to be developed as the future of rail simulation with steam and an editor and so on, it seems that actually users have just been paying for the privilege of being beta testers. Not buying it doesn't resolve that does it?

• Like Like x 2