Unrealistic Scenarios

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doomotron, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I do appreciate DTG's (and the community's) good work at making realistic scenarios for TS but sometimes I like to play something a bit less realistic - I like the 'ghostly' scenarios we sometimes see best. I'd like to create a list (with your help) of all of the unrealistic scenarios in TS that we can find to create a 'fun section' for use by more casual players.

Train Simulator:

Edinburgh to Glasgow:
    • All three Class 68 scenarios, as these trains do not run on this line in real life and never have.
    Hagen to Siegen:
    • Ghost Train: In this scenario, your normal service will be interrupted by random events apparently caused by ghosts. I'm not particularly sure if this is even a 'ghost' scenario since I can't see any - is the only bit that makes this a spooky scenario the random events, or are there other things I haven't seen?
    Helensdale Network Phase 3 (community route available on UKTS as linked or on Steam, but this version does not include any of the scenarios or reskins):
    • Halloween (I can't remember the exact name): In this scenario, your normal service is cut short by a broken down train. Along the route, you will see ghosts and a nicely implemented ghost train. I'll be honest, this scenario did actually frighten me a little!
    London To Brighton:
    • Sound Of The Police: Drive the last train of the day into London Victoria in a Class 455.
    • Flooded London - Brighton: A modified version of the route with water covering the tracks, as if it was flooded.
    • Off The Mainline: Explore the short sections of the East and West Coastway lines that have been modelled as well as Lover's Walk Depot.
    • London Roller Coaster: Take a trip around the lines in London going out of Victoria station.
    Sherman Hill:
    • All UP Gas Turbine scenarios, as these trains were withdrawn long ago and are not returning to service.
    Somerset And Dorset Joint Railway:
    • What Could Have Been: If the line had survived, it might look a bit like this - drive a CrossCountry Turbostar along the route from Templecombe.
    Train Sim World (and 2):

Ruhr-Sieg Nord:
    • All scenarios: I believe the BR143 does not run on the line and when this was pointed out to Dovetail by a member of the community, they were apparently 'silenced'.
    • Storm Trail: Not an unrealistic scenario, but going with my theme of 'spooky' scenarios, this might count. Apparently, this is one of those, but I must have missed it as I can't see anything frightening about it. Maybe someone could fill me in?

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
  2. Railfan722

Railfan722 Well-Known Member

Storm Trail was just a scenario to have some interesting service disruptions, like having to switch lines because one is blocked by a tree. Nothing spooky about it, unless you count the fear of missing a PZB alert ;)

3. SJA

SJA Active Member

Any South West Trains service where you're expected to arrive on time? ;)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

Oooh.... ghosts.....! How about a cold rainy night at Clapham and Victoria, with an unrealistic Class 40 taking over from the EMUs....?

Rainy 40 at Clapham.jpg

Rainy 40 in Victoria.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. Brickrail782

Brickrail782 Active Member

I think unrealistic train consists are the least of your worries there...

• Like Like x 2
  6. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

That'd be considered merely damp here in Wales :D

• Like Like x 3
  7. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

When the Class 68 was released there was no other route to run this Scotrail loco & Mk2s
    Nothing to do with DTG
    So only scenarios that can be run in the past year should be included with DLC?
    How many older routes are available in TS2020 that include Steam locos and older traction
    The Clinchfield Railroad route is set in the 1980s
    Riviera in the 50s
    The Weardale & Teesdale route - most of the network is now closed

I was not sure if this was some joke post for a minute :(

Peter

8. Doomotron

So?
    I clearly said in the OP this would include scenarios on community routes and scenarios made by the community.
    Sherman Hill is set in the current day, when it was made for TS. There are no operational GTEL at this point, so all of its scenarios on Sherman Hill are physically impossible.

The same would apply if we put a Class 170 on the Somerset And Dorset Joint Railway, a route that closed 50 years ago.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Not to mention UP has no interest in restoring any of the surviving GTEL's either.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Plastic Pal

For what it's worth, I thought the the idea behind this thread is/was completely awesome. ;-)

I think you were looking for unusual and/or fun.... something a little out of the ordinary.... I might have another look and see what I can dig up..... For now, for anyone on TS1, this one on London-Brighton (with the 455) is quite good fun (although, it is probably realistic... LOL...):

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=99190868

And if you want to get stuffed up by floods from Clapham to Victoria (presumably the Thames barrier got broken...?)... then the modified London-Brighton route, with flood water..... is here:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=229323777

• Like Like x 1
  11. Doomotron

I have added both.

• Like Like x 1
  12. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

So you are complaining about these scenarios without suggesting an alternative
    It is easy to criticise but better if an alternative was offered

When the Class 68+Mk2s in Scotrail Livery was released what route should they have provided scenarios for?
    When DTG made the UP Gas Turbine loco was released what route should they have provided scenarios for?

I'm surprised you did not include WCML over Shap on your list.

Peter

13. Plastic Pal

Peter - he is not complaining. He is adventurous.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Doomotron

I wasn't complaining. I quite like them, actually.

15. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2