Class 52 Dlc

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mattty May, Jun 17, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Is this strictly limited to WSR?
    I really like the Class 52, but not sure if the DLC is worth it.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

It is strictly limited to WSR. Of all the DLC you can purchase for TSW - this one is by far the worst value. If you purchase this DLC, then you will only be encouraging them to make more DLC with very limited use on a single 25mph route. I don't think that it even works on the ECR route, with the single "tour" service.

To put this into contrast, I picked up the Hydraulics pack on TS1 for £3, and that included the Class 52, Class 42 and Class 35 - all of them in multiple liveries.

Unless there is a change of heart, and the Class 52 in TSW is freed to run out of Paddington, then I suggest that you should wait for this DLC to be marketed as "90% off". At least 90% off.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Thanks for the advice. It’s much appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  4. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

I had asked for the Western (and others) to be shared around some other routes including GWE and ECW, but this was never addressed. The same with the Crompton. Please, please please DTG, let us thrash these beasts???????

• Like Like x 2
  5. Plastic Pal

There are two problems with doing this:

1. It could take as much as ten minutes to do the work
    2. They would lose the opportunity to sell you the Class 52 again on another short and slow piece of track, say, somewhere in Dorset

• Like Like x 2
  6. elarthur

Being that the locomotives and the routes already exsist, it surely isn't that difficult to achieve. With the ECW Railtour service, they carried over nearly all locomotives except class 33 and 52, which have both been used in the area in years gone by. Such a missed oppurtunity, especially as neither were a free DLC.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Plastic Pal

Yes I agree.... but they just want to provide the absolute minimum. As close to zero as possible, for as much cash as possible.

If this continues, then I think you will find that in future you will get zero product.... but you will find that your bank account includes a debit to DTG for £30 per month. That is the direction that things are going.

More seriously - given all the concerns with TSW 2, you would have thought that a dev would get his head down for a couple of days, and allow all of the stranded locomotives in TSW to be given a few paths on the other routes, with a suitable consist of passenger coaches...... That would mean so much to everyone that invested in extremely expensive individual loco DLCs.... and it would probably result in more sales.

• Like Like x 3
  8. elarthur

This is spot on. We hope you are reading this DTG. This must, must, must happen before all of this content is forever shunted into the Preserved Collection sidelines.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Plastic Pal

I think you mean "Scrapped Collection sidelines".

• Like Like x 3
  10. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Ha ha, yes, maybe they should model the scrap lines at Crewe, Donny, Leicester etc. and dump them all there

• Like Like x 2
  11. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Walking away from and abandoning old content, especially content that clearly has bugs is really unacceptable.

Where is the pride in the work?

Where is the quality?

Even the most loyal dog will stop loving you if you kick it enough times. This is what DTG is doing to its fans. It needs to consider what it is doing very carefully or it might have to face the consequences of zero sales.

• Like Like x 3
  12. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

never made sense to me. There would have been an initial peak of sales for the 33 and 52 when they were announced then it would have settled. If they immediately had made them available months later for GWE for example, they would have seen sales rise again I'm sure. I bought both these, I must admit, with the thought that we would see them used on other routes as we had done with some of the german locos. I also initially thought that in TSW2 with the new scenario editor we would finally be able to do that. Alas no, and it is a bit annoying. Both these loco's are fine pieces of work, especially the 33 but they are wasted.

• Like Like x 6
  13. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

I once suspected (hoped?) that the reason they never let the Western run anywhere else was that they had a 1970s WR route lined up for it. Sadly we now know that is not the case, unless of course it re-emerges in TSW2 when we can all buy it again in blue livery.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Plastic Pal

Basically they wanted to sell you the WSR route, with the Class 09 and Class 47, plus the Class 33 and Class 52..... but they wanted £43 for it. When/if you bought the 33 and/or 52.... you might have thought you were buying something more broadly useful (on other routes)... but you weren't, and they didn't tell you.

But now we know. TSW is not TS1.

• Like Like x 1
  15. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

The reason (what they gave) about the Class 52 , 33 and 47) not appearing in GWE or ECW is that they are hard set for Vacum brakes only. So wont be able to run with the NTP stock on ECW. My argument was but there again just use the Vac braked coaching stock from WSR with a 33 and a 52 top and tail.... Simple or not so simple.

Hentis

• Like Like x 6
  16. Plastic Pal

The 33 and 47 are dual braked. Crikey - the 33 is even dual heating. They should just do a few paths out of Paddington for the 52 with the Mk1s, and everything else (20/31/33/37/40/45/47/66) with the MkIIs with AWS, plus the 101 to replace 166 (just for a laugh).

It really would take away some of the bitter taste in the mouth with TSW.

(I'd obviously like to be able to run them all on NTP and TVL as well...... but GWE as a minimum should be easy enough).

CORRECTION: Class 33s were designed to only use electrical train heating (see below).

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  17. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

The way they have treated the 33 and 52 is one of my major gripes with TSW, they are fantastic looking locos with nice liveries. And then they lock them up on a route limited to 25mph, it's utterly bizarre.

• Like Like x 5
  18. elarthur

You have heard us DTG. Your customers have spoken, time to perhaps listen.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

Pedant hat on: 33s have never been dual heated. Always electric only. Don't have the Western but pretty sure it's dual braked so shouldn't be a problem with NTP stock. Am sure someone mentioned here that they are compatible. May have been DominusEdwardius?

• Like Like x 3
  20. Plastic Pal

Ah yes - I am mistaken, I was probably thinking of the Class 26s.... the Class 33 design actually excluded steam heating to get a bigger power plant in...... I wasn't 100% sure if the Class 52 was dual braked, but I think you are right - there are plenty of pictures floating around with them hauling MkIIs. Anyway - I think that we now know that individual loco DLCs are potentially extremely poor value.

• Like Like x 4
  21. Yoinkermcskoinker

Yoinkermcskoinker Well-Known Member

I’m just going to revive this thread. I just want to say that DTG, no one cares* about everything being 1000% era accurate, also why shouldn’t I be able to use a class 40 on tees valley line? Or a class 37 on Northern transpennine? Now their response to that would be “but that never ran there” yeah but that didn’t stop you with the 101 on GWE now did it? Or “Why not use the scenario planner?” The scenario planner is trash right now, trying to make a timetable with a blinking tube map version of a route is needless to say pretty hard. And also there’s no consist editor either so if you wanted to get the 33 to haul mk2s on NTP then forget about it. it’s all just quite a shame this, that DTG would rather focus its efforts on plopping out dlc after dlc rather than fix the good stuff that they already have.

*ok some people care but you should add this nonetheless and give us an option to turn it off like the new rapid transit timetables

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  22. johnny69wells

johnny69wells Active Member

Got to use my Class 33 on ECW.

Train Sim World 2_20210306195108.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  23. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Actually some of us care very much about accuracy and if they make unrealistic layers appear in service mode it needs to be selectable, as I certainly wouldn't want the class 40 to appear on the TVL. So please don't assume to speak for everyone when making sweeping statements.

However, I agree that their approach to realism seems to depend on what suits them as the Western "legends" pack shows.

• Like Like x 2
  24. Yoinkermcskoinker

Yes like the rapid transit update

• Like Like x 2
  25. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

For me the 33 is still the best looking loco in TSW.

• Like Like x 2
  26. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

Don't worry that you have your own scenarios, and you can use it there.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Yoinkermcskoinker

Please read this section from my post

• Like Like x 1
  28. kekanha#4892

I totally agree with you. in the end I don't understand them. They have two 182 BRs in layouts, and only one with 2 layouts in time tables. and they have 2 BR 185 in time tables and none in layouts. Corridor peninsula have the baby bullet and no other. nothing seems to make sense. but for now it is what we have.

• Like Like x 2
  29. johnny69wells

Where is cab light on 52?

30. kekanha#4892

behind the driver's assistant.

• Like Like x 1
  31. johnny69wells

Thanks will try that.