Questions For Dtg

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by LucasLCC, Jun 19, 2020.

1. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

I have the following questions that should be addressed:

- It's been mentioned that TSW2020 content will be supported after TSW 2 has been released. What does this entail, and does it include fixing current bugs? If these current bugs are not going to be fixed, how do you plan on compensating existing users who have buggy content? In particular the recent releases such as the M3 and Class 20 which seemingly will receive no patch.

- What is the plan for the memory dumping at Miles Platting on NTP when using consoles? You've mentioned the Dev team are aware, however will it be fixed? Being aware and resolving something are two very different things. If this will not be fixed, when will you be refunding affected users? You've sold a DLC that quite simply is not fit for purpose. This is much more than a typo or inaccuracy.

- As you've said that not all TSW2020 content will be preserved at first, can we be provided with a timeline when everything will be preserved. It's unacceptable to say "it will be preserved in the future", this should be set with firm deadlines.

2. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Train Sim World will still have technical support available. If you are unable to get the game to run you are able to receive support.

No further development is planned for Train Sim World. To which end, anything requiring code or design changes will remain as it is. No changes are planned.

With regard to Miles Platting there is no update in development.

With regard to the timeline for preserved collection being complete, it will be on the roadmap when it is published.

3. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

Does this policy extend to obvious "MUST FIX" bugs, in the TSW 2020 DLC?

If so, does this only apply to TSW2020 DLC under an installation of TSW 2020?

And/or would this also apply to TSW2020 DLC brought under an installation of TSW 2?

4. Trooper117

Trooper117 Active Member

So, if I understand correctly... No further development, but if I have a bug or problem with a DLC that I have paid for I can contact support and hopefully it will be rectified... cool!

5. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

No, from what DTG Protagonist is saying, you will get assistence if you can't get it to run or something. But no bugfixes are coming, even if they are game breaking.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Plastic Pal

There has been no clarity on that so far. We do not know if bugs will get fixed... if they require a change to any code....

If they do not intend to fix any bugs that require amendment to code, then it would be helpful if that could be clearly stated.

7. LucasLCC

So if I've got this right:

Miles Platting is a game breaking bug. It causes my session to crash. However, as this would require code to be changed. This won't be fixed?

If this is the case, when are you going to issue refunds, as it's quite literally unplayable. As I've said before, this isn't a typo or some minor bug.

However, thank you for confirming that preserved content will appear on the roadmap.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Plastic Pal

This has not been expressed explicitly. However... if you form that opinion yourself, then you will be allowed to keep that opinion - it would be your opinion after all.....There has been no explicit statement about any intention to never fix bugs. It might, of course, be convenient for you to believe that, without it actually being said, explictly.

The statement in the post above says: "No further development is planned for Train Sim World. To which end, anything requiring code or design changes will remain as it is. No changes are planned."

"Development" doesn't necessarily include "maintenance" or "bug fixing". It usually doesn't. Nobody has given a clear indication that the policy is to never ever fix bugs and defects in TSW 2020. Also, nobody has provided assurance that they will be fixed - although this assurance is potentially provided, implicitly, by other stakeholders, with respect to PlayStation Compatible Products.

9. rwaday

rwaday Well-Known Member

So in this case, why is it not being fixed now before TSW2 comes out. Is Dovetail Games waiting for TSW2 to come out so this fix can be ignored? How can we as players think that going forward that this practice will not continue as a way to get out of a pickle?

10. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Some folks just can't accept reality.

11. LucasLCC

It's not about accepting reality. Whilst leaving minor bugs is inconsiderate to the community, leaving game breaking bugs is something they should absolutely not do.

As the route has never worked for me and others, it should either be fixed or refunded. It's not an unreasonable request.

As DTG like to use the excuse that console users shouldn't be second class citizens, it seems strange that they'd then do this...

12. LucasLCC

So my questions for DTG Protagonist

- If this bug is not fixed by the TSW 2 release date, will it ever be fixed?
    - If not, then when should I expect the patch between now and the release date? With around six weeks to go, you should be able to provide this timeline.
    - If a patch isn't successful or planned, then what is your plans to compensate users with this bug? Money has been spent on a product that does not work. It's not unreasonable to expect a satisfactory resolution.

13. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure you can always go and try getting a refind on Steam or on the DTG website, or wherever you bought it from. I don't know if you will succeed, but you can try it if you feel like it.

14. LucasLCC

Unfortunately Microsoft offer zero support outside the two week purchase window. I've tried.