Tsw2 And Smart Delivery For Xbox Series X

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by GhostSniperIRE, Jun 18, 2020.

1. GhostSniperIRE

GhostSniperIRE New Member

Since games like Watch Dogs Legion, Dirt 5 and Cyberpunk 2077 are getting Smart Delivery on Xbox, where if you purchase the game on the Xbox One you get a free copy of the next gen version for free on Xbox Series X. I was wondering if Train Sim World 2 be a part of that, especially the heritage collection considering we've purchased a lot of DLC on TSW2020.

let me know your opinions.

2. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

I would hope so but not many games have yet to be announced to be part of the smart delivery so will have to wait and see. Feel sorry for people wanting ps5 as loads of reports saying it doesn't have something similar to smart delivery

3. JohnnyK98

JohnnyK98 Well-Known Member

That would be amazing.
    I was close to buying an Xbox One X, but I'll hold off for the new Xbox Series X, because I want an enhanced version of TSW2.

4. jaf_duman

jaf_duman Member

Smart delivery would be great with performance and graphics enhancements but if you mean just clean playing the TSW 2 will be backward compatible as all current Xbox ONE games.

5. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

TSW 2 will be playable on Xbox Series X out of the box because of backwards compatibility. The developers don't need to do anything for that. And since the Series X will be much more powerful, it will run the game at a maxed-out 60 fps (provided that TSW 2 will also use unlocked framerate like TSW 2020). So it will be an improvement right out of the box.

Now, since this is more like a "service based" game instead of a self-contained title, I don't think Smart Delivery is needed. Dovetail can always just patch the game for Series X to use higher resolution or graphics settings and that's it. Just like many games have Xbox One X Enhancements. It's free and automatic if you use One X. The same can happen on Series X as well.

Smart Delivery is really only needed when a game gets a separate release (SKU) on Series X, and the Smart Delivery system essentially entitles you to have both, if you purchase one on either Xbox One or Xbox Series. I doubt there will be a separate release of TSW for Series X or PS5, as it's not really needed for a long-running game like this, especially with all the DLC, etc.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

What you described is basically what Smart Delivery was designed for. Its to ensure every Console gets the best Version. So you dont need to download any 4K Textures on a Console that wont support it. Its designed that you dont need two seperate Versions of the game and instead get the Package that suits your Console.

For TSW2 i dont think we will see Support for Series X and or Smart Delivery. They havent done anything for the One X, so i doubt they will spend resources on Series X in the beginning of the new Gen. The only benefit we have, similiar to the One X Version of TSW compared to the One S Version, that it will most likely run at more FPS because the Console is more powerful.

7. Darthman

Darthman New Member

You are right. Nothing done when Xbox one X came out. 3 years later TSW 2 is what we expected for TSW 2020 on Xbox One X. For an Extended version for Xbox series X, come back in 2023 for TSW 3. And of course you will have to purchase one more times and it maybe use UE 5...

TSW 2 : How to pay again for what TSW 2020 would have been on Xbox One X.