Can't Reset Brakes! Stuck At The Station, Immobile.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by solicitr, Jun 20, 2020.

1. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

After an emergency stop (DBR 146.2 loco).

Please don't give me the RTFM line. It's not in the manual. Said manual says precisely jack diddly squat about this situation. There is NOTHING I can find about how to release the brake pressure after the emergency brakes come on- all I can do is abort the stupid mission and restart it!

2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome to the forum. I’ve translated your post to assist you in getting a helpful reply...

Hello, I wonder if anyone can help me. I’m having trouble resetting the DBR 146.2 locomotive after an emergency stop. I’ve tried everything I can think of to release the brakes and am having no luck. There doesn’t appear to be any instructions in the manual and I’ve had to abort the session and start again. Can anyone explain what I need to do? Thanks in advance.

• Like Like x 7
  3. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

3 pzb levers on the dash. Try all 3. Try putting reverser into neutral then back in forward. Stand up, then sit down and press acknowledge, incase it was a sifa stop? If that all fails. Knock off PZB and SIFA then switch back on.
    Other issues - AFB enabled? Is it set to a decent speed( loco wont allow power if AFB is at Zero)
    Also is throttle fully off before trying to pull away again?

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
  4. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Finally figured it out. Even with PZB turned off, the sim still requires a PZB reset procedure before releasing the brakes.

5. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

...nice rewrite, Stu- that post needed it.

(To the OP- there are some very knowledgable folks around these forums who are more than willing to help out when folks run into issues... you might want to tone it down a bit when asking for help the next time. Just some friendly advice.)

• Like Like x 1