Class 20 "chop & Change" Red Light Bug

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by LoCo BoCo, Jun 19, 2020.

1. LoCo BoCo

LoCo BoCo New Member

Class 20 "Chop and change" scenario, I'm stuck at a red automatic (signaller controlled) set of lights at a set of automatic points close to the repair shed, waiting to move the remaining fault free Lime wagons back up to the Wagon repair spur. - - - - - It's really about time that TSW / DTG gave us some sort of manual over-ride for Red light issues, and for managing Signaller controlled points when scenarios bug out. - - - - - - Please sort this out, given that saving often creates more problems than it's worth users end up wasting time messing about on scenarios that haven't been tested properly or just bug out for no apparent reason. I had the same sort of issue with the Class 43 on the Drag Line Scenario on the West Coast DLC. Any ideas anyone?

I've tried switching other manual points, reversing, approaching within 10 yards or less of Red light, save and restart, Contacting the signal box over and over again. There is occasional traffic through the yard, but not on the lines on the mission route, and have tried waiting 15 minutes or more to no good effect.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

signaller controlled not red

3. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

I've completed this scenario with no issues. Sounds like you've tried just about everything, so you might just have to restart unfortunately.

Were you running way ahead or behind when you got to this point? I've noticed this can mess up the signalling, moreso on scenarios than services (maybe because the AI is more scripted in scenarios?).

Hopefully TSW2 will have improvements in this area, but it illustrates a limitation of playtesting, I think. Obviously there's a QA budget, so how do they decide how many times to have the testers run through each scenario? If this bug only happens 5% of the time, you'd have to budget for at least 20 playtests per scenario to be likely to catch it, and even then it could still not occur, and be missed. Is that feasible within the overall project budget? I have no idea, but something to consider.

Don't get me wrong, they certainly need to improve overall QA, but what's the best approach? Maybe DTG think switching to the new version of UE4 will resolve enough issues to warrant the move to TSW2 in and of itself. They've certainly gotten plenty of flak for the decision, so there has to be some big positive from their perspective to make it worthwhile, right?

Or maybe it was purely a marketing/financial decision? Lots of unknowns at this point.

Tl;dr- that sucks your game is stuck. DTG need to do better.

4. LoCo BoCo

LoCo BoCo New Member

I ran through the next scenario and it worked fine. Then I went back and tried the Chopper and Change again this evening and still stuck same fault, red light at Point Signal TY177. I watched a youtube clip of the same and the player there had no red lights on this stage of the tasks at all. It has to be an AI / Logic Bug. In terms of running early or late I'd say it was middle of the road, no speeding, no crawling just steady. - I get your point with the software testing phase, I'm an IT Consultant so it makes sense. - Either they need to recruit more Beta Testers, or be more responnsive on launch of each new DLC. - I'd act as a Beta tester mytself, without charge and still happy to buy the pack, I just want it to work. - No idea what TSW2 will bring, but you'd have to put money on it being just as buggy on release if all the last releases are anything to go by. - Anyhow I suppose I'll ignore the broken scenario for now and carry on with the rest of the routes I have that do work. - GWR Class 43 Dragline has been out ages and it still has major bugs with Red lights and in-correctly routed Signal Box controlled Points for that scenario too. Failing to interact with their userbase doesn't bode well, it's hardly difficult for them to monitor the forums or answer emails. If they want to make better sales fixing bugs is critical.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Did you drive right up to the signal? Not very realistic, I know, but sometimes you need to hit a trigger point to initiate a signal change.

6. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

I get the same issue. Tried the same things, clicked on various points, restarted the scenario, contacted the signaller, plus crawling past at.04 kmh, but still got the SPAD.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

Right... Solution found, thanks to Greb in the "technical Reports" section.
    You need to drive the wagons through the repair shop, parking the loco on the stop marker. That way the signal clears.
    If you want to, you can drive the loco into the repair shop; use the F8 view to do this. uncouple the wagons and you can F1 back into the engine. Do not get up to walk around - it puts you above the engine, and you can't move... There's not much to see, anyway. Goodluck! TSW_Coppo_1592763360_00.png

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

I had the same problem and after four attempts instead of uncoupling the two trucks using camera mode. I got back into the driver seat, got up and out the cab and uncoupled them that way. On foot type of thing.

9. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

My stop marker wasn't in the shed.

10. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

Correct. it is just outside the shed. The picture of the inside of the shed was to show what you would see if you drove into the shed...

11. dave55007

dave55007 Well-Known Member

This solution worked for me, so thanks for that. At the end of the scenario, you are instructed to leave the loco cab and walk to a designated location to end the scene, but instead I decided to go for a walk. Found two stabled Class 20's in the yard that were shut down and wondered if I could get them moving. Took a while to find the Battery Isolation switch, but once I had, it was great fun starting both locos and setting off. Couldn't go far as there is a red signal at the Thornaby end of Tees Yard, so I put the locos into reverse, set the controls on full and bailed out to watch how far they got. Seems there was a junction set for one of the sidings and the locos crashed into a rake of wagons and ended the scenario. I had failed again! :o Will have to do it again :D

• Like Like x 1
  12. taggart

taggart New Member

many thanks. I finally completed this scenario \0/

• Like Like x 1
  13. stevewilloughby

stevewilloughby New Member

14. stevewilloughby

stevewilloughby New Member

Same here. Also, the consist goes straight through the wagon repair workshop doors which are closed at that point in the scenario