Current User Discounts For Tsw2

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by rwaday, Jun 21, 2020.

1. rwaday

rwaday Well-Known Member

I have purchased and followed TSW since it was released. I have been disappointed with the product and the total lack of candor in the past. There were blurs in the lines of what we will do, what we want to do, and what we can do. I, for one, have felt a bit betrayed in light of this new honesty. I will say this, the only way I would ever purchase TSW2 is if I were to be given a very deep discount on the product.

2. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Well in the Q&A stream they said they're thinking about loyalty discounts, but as their general rule now is "unless it's confirmed, assume no", I wouldn't count on it. It's a possibility and I am hoping for it as well, but not certain.

3. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

Even if they said that there is no discount at the moment I would count on it. But a small one as the price is already pretty low.

4. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

I have no issue with TSW2's price point...even without any loyalty discounts we are all getting 2/3 new routes for the price of 1, along with new features.

The main issue most have with TSW2 is everything but the price.

• Like Like x 3
  5. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

The price point as it stands is fair if it's what you want. Personally there are two routes I wouldn't buy because they are of no interest and a third route I already own and don't really use. So I won't be buying it until it is heavily discounted in the Steam sale or it turns up on one of the other reseller sites.

6. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

ok very good

7. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

If you're not happy paying the RRP, just wait, continue to play the routes you have on TSW2020, and it'll be in a sale before you know it, by which point any initial teething troubles will hopefully have been worked out. If you're super dedicated to the cause and have to have it on day one, £24.99 isn't that big a stretch!

8. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I bought the original game for PS4 on launch day for £40 (that was the original price). Should I get the game for free?

9. longo239

No and if you are happy and want it on day one at £24.99 that is your choice.

10. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

no tsw2 is £24.99

11. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

There probably will be a discount but I wouldn't expect it to be more than £5, £7.50 at a push, or in percentage terms 20% (30% at a push). Just like longo239 I'm not fantastically interested in the two new routes.As for the reworked route I spent ages going up and down the original version until GWE finally turned up so I'm really not that interested in doing that again.

• Like Like x 1
  12. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Read the promo again, Sam: the upgraded version of CSX includes quite a lot of switching activities alongside the "going up and down" you mentioned. That alone will convince me to buy TSW2, but perhaps switching doesn't interest you.

13. longo239

We don't know what quite a lot means to DTG, until further details are released. Recent releases in my opinion haven't had huge amounts of scenarios and different activities.

14. Dinosbacsi

I wonder if we finally get some action on the hump yard? Though probably not, they would've likely used it as a selling point on the promo already if it were the case.

15. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

It's not that switching dioesn't interest me but it's not the be all and end all from my point of view. The original had a reasonable amount of switching as well so again I'm not really seeing much that's different apart from the addition of adhesion. Now I'm all in favour of adhesion, although it remains to be seen how many bugs the implementation will have, but it's not worth £24.99, £19.99 or even £17.49 for just that. Your perspective differs from mine and that's fine.

16. Dinosbacsi

Well even if you don't want to do the switching services, they will still give a more lively feel to the yards around you as the AI is doing them. So I think it's a great call.