Euro Fishing Our Fixed Update Is Live!

Discussion in 'Xbox' started by DTG Darren N, Nov 11, 2016.

1. DTG Darren N

DTG Darren N Active Member

Patch Update Notes

We are pleased to announce that our fixed patch is ready to be released now that it has successfully passed the Microsoft certification process. We appreciate the frustration that the delay has caused but we hope that you agree that this update sees a great improvement. We refer you to the previous patch notes released for this build, which can be found below, but would also like to highlight the following improvements and fixes that have been made;

• Line tension has been improved so that the line will no longer go slack on its own accord

• Fish no longer tire instantly after striking when float fishing

• Rod physics have been improved and now take on a much more realistic bend when fighting a fish

• ‘Floating Line’ no longer happens after casting and putting the rod down

• Rigs no longer drift from position in the lake once they are on the bottom of the lake bed

• Fish AI has been improved, the fish now swim slower and more realistically with deliberate movements when trying to spit the hook.

Previous Patch Notes

• This build aims to prevent fish from being able to swim onto the bank. We have spent over a week testing this and have not seen it happen at all. However, we cannot replicate it being played by the 10’s of thousands of you so if anyone does experience a fish going onto land, please let us know the details including which lake and which peg within that lake.

• Line ‘snapping’ randomly has also been fixed and should not happen anymore. As above, if anyone does still experience this then let us know!

• Multiple takes – now if you are playing a fish and get a fish on your second rod, you will have 2 minutes before that fish escapes. If you are lucky enough to get a bite on your third rod, you will have 4 minutes before that fish escapes.

• We have updated UE4 to version 4.12.5

• We have changed the way our physics system works so that fish now behave more realistically and make the fight feel smoother.

• Megladon – Our biggest catfish has proved very tricky to catch so we have made it slightly easier to get him to take your bait (but we aren’t telling you how!)

• Surface tension on the line so that it now floats on the water when necessary.

• Improvement to the reel mechanics – there is a proper correlation to the amount of line reeled in against the turning of the reel handle.

• Fixed clients sometimes being unable to connect to multiplayer games hosted under the same NAT.

• Optimised several assets in multiple lakes

The following have also been fixed in this update

• A soft lock will occur in the 'Baiting' tutorial if the user walks away from the peg.

• Score is taken in Challenges when the casting goes out of bounds and is pulled into the water.

• Steam profiles are not displayed after selection in the leaderboards.

• Rod selection and pick up rod buttons lose functionality when opening tournament map.

• Opening and closing the pause menu causes the line to be reeled in a small amount.

• Progress in the Academy (tutorial) stages can be blocked by using a reel exploit.

• If the hook bounces on the water during a Distance challenge, it counts as two casts.

• Music plays throughout single player tournaments that is only intended to play at the beginning.

• Score is taken in Challenges when the casting goes out of bounds and is pulled into the water.

There are the following issues on the Xbox platform that will be fixed very shortly;

• Issue with multiplayer in which if the client loads faster than the host they simultaneously select the same peg. Clients then can't put down their rod and have to quit and re-start the session.

• If you cast your spod rod out and immediately put it down, the game will freeze. If you reel in or wait a few seconds as you normally would, there is no issue.
    • Leaderboards don't currently show you Friends scores, though the worldwide scoreboard is working.

2. iiFuRiiOuSs F81

iiFuRiiOuSs F81 Member

Niiiice1 lads. Keep it coming

3. Sed733

Sed733 Member

Nice! I was just a hair early with my post. Good stuff

• Like Like x 1
  4. KOpitE2011

KOpitE2011 Member

Great stuff Darren can't wait to try it out,missed playing the game big time!

5. frankie stoecker

frankie stoecker New Member

Game keeps freezing 10-20 minutes of playing

6. frankie stoecker

Game keeps freezing

7. frankie stoecker

Can't even play over 10-20 minutes with this update it will freeze hopefully this gets resolved because it didn't do this prior to the update

8. titan28

titan28 Active Member

Installed the update.. looked forward to a session.. disappointed not long after.. I dont know who does your testing for you but within 10 minutes of starting, a major game breaking bug appeared, fighting a fish at Linear, fish just stops swimming, cant reel, no amount of drag can move it, line completely slack from rod to fish, sound of reel still playing and line going out sound still playing, but nothing, still move rod but nothing happening, exited, restarted, same again. The update may have fixed what you wanted it to, but now we have other bugs that stop us from playing, I really hoped the game would have been improved by now but sadly, it hasn't. who do i need to contact for a refund?.

9. frankie stoecker

I believe I'm with you on this I'm thinking I want a refund also I mean it's only 15$ but hey I can use that on something better than this damn game

10. Nuttyslack25

Nuttyslack25 New Member

Love the game played observatory wiv no probs went in diggers froze after 20 mins love the way games goin tho so not complaining

11. Gabriel

Gabriel New Member

I had this issue in the first lake, while a fish in my rod being unable to be catched because of that reeling up glitch. I was on the very far east peg point, also, I catched the fish very near the foliage, using the first hook designed to foliage, I forgot its name.
    Another opportunity it happened while was raining and with strong water flow, using the first silt hook, where my bait was drifting in the bottom of the lake and after a fish strike the bait, it was surprisingly out of water, showing the icon with a X again.

12. KOpitE2011

KOpitE2011 Member

Well i've fished on L'Arene and The Observatory so far with no problems and even bagged 'Carley' the monster Roach : ) For those with 'freeze' issues maybe try clear Xbox cache or there is a known issue with the spod rod if people didn't know(its in the patch notes) I like the new reel mechanic its much more realistic and i've enjoyed playing again....Thanks DTG and looking forward to whatever future plans you have for the game.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Sed733

Sed733 Member

Don't use Spod. It's a known glitch freeze up. Pick appropriate hooks and baits and catch em. Check your leaderboard right now for fridays tourney. Size 8 KD rig, large sweetcorn, and 12 dumbell sinker, KD Iq-d with a hi vis pop up. The guy in first place, Chris Malakof posted that number before the patch. My number is legit

14. Sed733

Sed733 Member

I'm bout to wreck to this place and tell you everything I use, because I was looking for information on how to catch what, where and when, and no one shared that info, anywhere. I will.

15. Sed733

Sed733 Member

People were catching ridiculous amounts of fish while you weren't able to play, by cranking their drag to 100 and ripping them in. Those guys days are done. I'm going to to tell you everyday, exactly what to use, and ruin those guys fun. It wasn't fun not knowing, I taught myself. Now they can't rip them in with 100 drag. See how the game changes

• Like Like x 1
  16. Sed733

Sed733 Member

Don't use Spod, that's what is freezing you up, DTG knows, just LOVE FISH

17. KOpitE2011

KOpitE2011 Member

I was just informing others with 'freeze' issues pal,i use the spod constantly and experienced no 'freeze' whatsoever its fine if used correctly try it.Just do like DTG have stated in patch notes.I've also read LOTS of people moaning oh the reel dose'nt work lmao its better now much more realistic which is how it should be with the game being a simulation of the real thing!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Sed733

Sed733 Member

Don't need Spod at all, avoid using it in tourney, so as not to cause calamity. Chiggity check yourself, before you wreck yourself

• Like Like x 1
  19. Sed733

Sed733 Member

20. Sed733

Sed733 Member

Fishing for days

21. eae

eae New Member

no contact to the fish, no vibration. i can´t feel the fish anymore .....

22. Massivejev

Massivejev New Member

Why is my reel still so slow even after the update, do I need to create a new character and start again