Should Think About Bringing Back To Tsw2 Class 86 And Wcml + More

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Gabe_1.0, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Well-Known Member

I have to say this particular electric locomotive was one of my favorite in TS2020. It should be pretty popular in TSW 2. Due to the level of research and development for both of these components a base model of the locomotive should be first included and then a separate expansion pack should follow up that should include:
    • locomotive in Freightliner Green, Freightliner Powerhaul, Rail Express Systems, RailFreight Grey (6 different sectors) and BR Blue liveries
    • British Rail Mk2 First Corridor, Second Open and Brake Second Open coaches
    • FSA container bogie wagons
    • 6 additional scenarios
    I know this sim is not even out yet but It just crossed my mind today. So i thought I'd drop it into the suggestions box anyway.

West Coast Main Line North brings you well over 100 miles of highly-detailed railway line, with stations, yards, cuttings, viaducts and stunning scenery. West Coast Main Line North recreates the route between Carlisle and Glasgow as it appeared in the early 1990s. The brand new Class 86 electric locomotive, which was built specifically to haul express passenger services on the route, and which comes with accurate British Rail Mk3 buffered coaches. Built to cover the distance quickly and comfortably, the Class 86 can really stretch its legs on this long and fast line. For a change of pace, there are also full recreations of the yards along the route including Polmadie, Mossend and Kingmoor yards.

So by having the expansion as well as the base, no doubt this would be a top notch DLC that will make headlines for many weeks to come.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

The 86's were built in the 60's so calling them new is a pushing it a bit! Lol
    The Class 90's had just been built and as such were newer.
    With you all the way on the route mind, the climb over Beattock is worth it alone.

3. samuelbrookes1

samuelbrookes1 Active Member

4. Iskra

Iskra Active Member

The Southern end is a bit drab scenery wise. North of Lancaster the WCML is stunning. I would love to see this route but I would prefer more than just one locomotive to be used. At a minimum one diesel and electric should be provided, depending on the era.

Keith Ross has been quiet for a while, hopefully he is involved in TSW2 behind the scenes. His routes have always been excellent and interesting ones.

5. georgedayy7

georgedayy7 Member

Completely agree with the 86 call, not to fussed on where the location of the WCML but I think it’s time for a BR electric now as we’ve had plenty of Diesels

6. samuelbrookes1

I agree with the scenery, however, there is not much of a variety in service patterns in the north, due to the sparsity of stations. For example, the 80-mile section of track between Preston and Carlisle only has 5 stations. 80 miles will be a huge route to produce in TSW2, especially if all of the 'stunning' scenery is created. My proposal, between London Euston and Milton Keynes Central ,(https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/west-coast-main-line.23650/) is half the length and has 28 stations, providing a huge variety of services. There are stopping services on London Overground, semi-fast services on Southern and LNWR and express services on Avanti West Coast and Caledonian sleeper. There are also lots of freight services available.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
  7. Iskra

Iskra Active Member

I'm not sure I agree with your interpretation that a busier stretch with commuter EMU's is anymore interesting. Yes, it's a four track railway with more stations, but Preston-Carlisle has lots of branch lines deviating off from it too and as a two track railway it is still very busy, it also has much greater variety of trains on the more northern sections than purely bland EMU's (and Voyagers) and has more interesting gradients. Different people like different things, but I'd be disappointing if the part of the most interesting, scenically stunning and operationally diverse mainline in the UK that got produced is London Euston-Milton Keynes. Also in a Pendolino, that would be an end to end route with zero intermediate stops. Preston-Carlisle with a Class 390 would at least give you 5 stations you could call at. We've just had commuter EMU operations in the last British route DLC, and the next confirmed route DLC (London Underground) is also intense commuter operations. Hopefully, we can get something a bit different (in TSWX) and have something North of Preston on the WCML, with the variety that comes with that (and people can still drive commuter EMU's on parts of that if they like).

8. samuelbrookes1

I understand your argument, however, the point that I was trying to make is that Train Sim World routes have a lot of detail, and Dovetail have never made a route anywhere near 80 miles in TSW, which will be even longer if they add the branch lines that you refer to. The southern section of the route will be easier to make, as it is shorter, but it still provides a huge variety of services. You mention that people can still drive commuter EMUs on part of the route if they like, however it will not be much of a commuter service if there are only stations on an average of 16 miles apart.