Stutter Just By Clicking?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Trainman21575, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Trainman21575

Trainman21575 New Member

I've recently fired up TSW after reinstalling it over a month ago when I installed new hardware into my computer (motherboard, processor, RAM). I ran it after I installed the hardware and the game ran great but now when I run it, whenever I click on the screen or hit a key, the game stutters horribly. This is just in the menu and during the intro. It's completely unplayable during gameplay where it will either load up a scenario and freeze as soon as I press anything or it doesn't load at all. I've restarted my PC, reinstalled my graphics drivers, reinstalled the game numerous times on both a HDD and SSD, closed all unnecessary background programs and have gotten nowhere. I sent a ticket to DTG about a week ago and never got a response. Here are my PC specs:

Windows 10 Home 64bit
    AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6GHz
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 3GB
    16GB RAM

Any help would be appreciated because I can't think of anything else to do. Thank you.

2. rwaday

rwaday Well-Known Member

If you have a NVIDIA GPU be sure to add TSW to your programs list in the control panel.

3. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

4. ht-57

ht-57 Member

I'm thinking it may be unreal eng thing -just MY speculation and observation-
    When i'm in a cab and I click RM to be able to use engine controls with mouse my fps drops 30fps (60 to 30)
    soon as I go back to view mode -click RM- bam back to 60fps. I'm capped @ 60fps by choice, that said the game is still pretty smooth , I do do notice a lil something but using gsync kinda helps that. I'm running mostly high settings but I use that eng ini tweak
    which lowered the fps abit. prior to tweaking the ini file I had higher frame rates but the game she no look as good.
    I'm running a res of 3440x1440 as well as running 3 monitors which doesn't help my fps. So if I were running a lower resolution I probably wouldn't have that fps drop as bad but there is defiantly something going on there. sorry I don't have a fix for ya trainman, perhaps tsw v2 will address issues like this as the rumor is that there will be 4k support. an papa gonna git a rtx 2080ti or jus hold out a lil longer and get the new 30 series which is out in august...
    my sys atm-
    win7 pro64
    I7 6800k (6core) @4.0
    nvidia gtx ftw 1080 8g oc-gpu@2025 mc@5005mhz
    48g corsair vengence ddr4 ram oc@ hell I forgot
    samsung 850 evo ssd 250g x2
    samsung 860pro ssd 1tb
    samsung portable T3 ssd 500g
    1200w psu
    master cooler dual fan config
    34" asus arog curved 4k mon
    27" asus ips mon x2

5. Trainman21575

Trainman21575 New Member

I tried that and got nowhere. I have noticed that when running the game with task manager active and when I did anything with the game, a bunch of Windows problem reporting processes activated and used a good chunk of my CPU. I checked the event viewer on my PC and found that TSW, along with some Nvidia files, was conflicting with a program I had installed called Nahimic, which is an audio mixer that comes packaged with MSI motherboards. I uninstalled that and all the stuttering problems went away. I also found success by disabling Windows problem reporting, but I don't recommend that.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
  6. rwaday

rwaday Well-Known Member

There have been several issues reported with not using the onboard audio. In your case you were. Using Bluetooth speakers have been known to as well. Thank you for posting your solution.