Excitement For Tsw2

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Anthony Pecoraro, Jun 12, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

I am really looking forward to TSW 2. I like the new features added. My favorite is the adhesion physics, that will make driving much more difficult and interesting. I am also excited about the new sky system.
    I don't understand why most of you are upset about this. The new features added in TSW2 are things that you all have asked for: updated engine, adhesion physics, new sky/lighting, scenario editor, repaint support, and more open/ honest communication from DTG. You are getting what asked for yet you are still unhappy, unbelievable.

• Like Like x 9
  2. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

I too am excited for TSW2....but I can see where people are coming from with their disappointment regarding the 'abandonment' of TSW2020 content.

I know the TSW2020 content will always be there and playable as it is currently....but it would have been nice to be able to substitute in TSW1 locos to the new routes going forward, creating liveries and scenarios etc

I realise the incompatibilities with the Unreal Engine versions and it would most probably be impossible....but it does *feel* as although we are gaining a new game, we are also losing something along the way.

• Like Like x 9
  3. Thelonius16

Thelonius16 Well-Known Member

At least now that they have instructed us to take “no” as a real answer for a lot of these questions there is the possibility that the future releases could come with some pleasant surprises for a change.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Anthony Pecoraro

Yeah. There is still more that they haven't explained yet.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I agree with Anthony there is still a lot they have touched on yet and I am sure some people are still going to want real answers to somethings that were vaguely discussed today. I for one would like to know why there will be no bug fixes for existing content regardless of it being TSW2020 or TSW2.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Because pushing out new unfinished content is more profitable than fixing exsisting one. For a while anyway, until people get fed up with it and stop buying your new content.

Thing is, many of these problems could be fixed by a single dude in a few days. It's not like you have to focus your entire developer team to fix such basic things as a horn being louder with window closed, or the track missing whistle and sign posts or a bogey being the wrong way around in your model.

• Like Like x 4
  7. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

I am more or less happy frankly that items like the editor are put to bed now.

Up to each individual if they feel that makes it a deal breaker or not , especially given how many people thought it was going to be some super easy to use thing, even though it was clear it was only ever going to be the UE4 editor so was never going to be simple to use.

So while disappointed by some answers given during the stream id say overall I am still somewhat excited to find out more about TSW2.
    I am also far more happy that they have taken a more direct approach to communication. So overall id say yep bring on TSW2 lets move the game forward and for me at least the price of admission considering the hours I get back out of it is cheap entertainment.

• Like Like x 2
  8. montes_1234

montes_1234 Well-Known Member

So the main complaint is that the complaints are something that should not exist? We should be just happy. But what happiness has to do with the game. Are the game is trying to makes us happy. So after we heard that everything that we bought will be preserved, or in other words forgotten, it really is something to be happy about? It seems like the one now listens but don't wont to hear almost anything. So much to be happy about.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

Its a brave decision that they've taken but the right one for the long term viability of the product. One thing is for certain, if the next iteration is as flawed as the present one in terms of being able to unlock its potential, then that would be a difficult situation to recover from, so I hope they really take the time to test and get it right, hire the right people and so on. Investing in the product to ensure its success is in everyone's interests including DTG's. I would have thought this is self evident and has been at the root of many complaints thus far about the company's approach up to this point. Everyone knows and expects a product to develop over its lifespan- look at DCS and the modules they are still developing. But if there has been a fundamentally poor design choice that then limits your ability to exploit the resources you have then early corrective action is the only sensible long term view. It is significant that a long term view has been taken and makes it illogical to accuse DTG of short term opportunism in pushing out dlc in such a context. If that were really the case, they wouldn't have bothered taking this decision.
    A brave decision, but the right one.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
  11. Lombra

Lombra Well-Known Member

That's because you're borderline delusional and refused to acknowledge even the slightest flaw in these games. Still think TSW(1) is getting an editor? Doesn't really look like TSW2 is getting one anytime soon, either. If ever. No, I'm talking about a real editor.
    Yes, of course, "we" the hivemind all asked for exactly these things. The game is now perfect.

The improvements on their own are good, (well, I don't know about the "editor" that doesn't let you share anything) but it's pretty silly to imply that no issues remain.

Communication is good, but as I've said before, the lack thereof was always just a symptom of the production. Just because someone is honest with me, doesn't mean I will like what they have to say.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Anthony Pecoraro

Read this: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/507366000207986709/720859776082247800/unknown.png

• Like Like x 2
  13. Lombra

Lombra Well-Known Member

I have seen that.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Michael Newbury

If you have read the article and watched yesterday's stream you would have heard that after Aug 6 there will be no further content/fixes or editor for TSW2020.

If and when the editor does come out it will only be on TSW2 and the same goes for any new content.

15. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

What interests me most about TSW 2 is the upgraded Sandpatch route with numerous switching activities plus the ability to make more of them, although not being able to share what I make with others is somewhat disappointing. Since the other two routes are primarily devoted to passenger activity, they really do not interest me. I'm not against passenger runs per se, just not capable of driving them successfully.

A discount for all owners of TSW would be welcome, of course, especially if the amount would be apportioned according to how many DLCs one has acquired over the years, but I don't really expect any such thoughtfulness from DTG.

• Like Like x 2
  16. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

There was mention that they would be looking at loyalty based discount, however that is no guarantee so there is some acknowledgment at least by DTG in this regard.

just for reference
    @13:12

• Like Like x 1
  17. Michael Newbury

Yes I did hear that but they could not expand further beyond that announcement.

18. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

"I am also excited about the new sky system.I don't understand why most of you are upset about this."
    Whooppeee a couple of extra moving clouds, it's dynamic weather the community were after, i.e. start off sunny in Leeds, looks like rain heading through them Pennines, lashing it down in Manchester

"The new features added in TSW2 are things that you all have asked for: updated engine"
    They have updated the engine but what advantage have they taken from this? Improved graphics? draw distance? shadows? NO
    Improved Sounds? NO
    P.I.S? NO
    2D Map improvements? NO

"adhesion physics"
    Which were originally supposed to be in TSW1?

new sky/lighting
    Pffft unless you count the couple of moving clouds!

"scenario editor"
    Glorified Quick Drive

"and more open/ honest communication from DTG"
    The only thing we've got what we've asked for!

"repaint support"
    Yep, that you can't share

And you wonder why we are upset? Suggest you have a thorough look through the forums of what we as the community wanted!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 8
  19. BigMountain555

BigMountain555 Well-Known Member

This is a great idea. I would really appreciate it if they did this. I am looking forward to the revised Sand Patch route. The new routes seem cool too. Not too sure about such a short ICE route, but the London Bakerloo route sounds interesting.

20. BigMountain555

No matter what is done, some people will never, ever be satisfied. They will always find something to complain about.

• Like Like x 1
  21. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Well maybe because they praised their substitution system in the past and now all of your Loco DLC is going to waste? Nothing of it will be able to run on TSW2 routes but im sure we will see some of the Locos beeing sold again as TSW2 Versions.

Maybe because they just stop releasing bug fixes completely with that move for previous content where some major things are still broken?

Maybe because you have a Scenario and Livery Editor without the ability to share your creations?

Or is it the fact that nothing really changed in the game itself? No PIS, no updated 2d Map, no improved sounds, no working crossings. Sunlight still coming through from behind and so on. Basically a no to everything that would make the "Simulator" more immersive?

• Like Like x 5
  22. BigMountain555

Then don't buy it or better yet, make your own software and launch a competing company.
    [edit by Protagonist - all posts must be in English only]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  23. xD 2Bad4You

Yeah thats always easy to say. We can have a discussion about different opinions if you want, i´m open to it and accept if other people have a different view on things. But these one liners a la make your own product isn´t helpful at all.
    If your car or whatever is broken you wont accept a "Well go and make your own car" kind of mentality right? So why should it be different for software where they promised things and didnt deliver and just go ahead and release a "sequel". Thats critic they need to face

• Like Like x 3
  24. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

Good.

25. BigMountain555

Really. Go make it yourself. You don't HAVE to buy it. Nobody is forcing your hand. So tired of the constant whining and complaining here. This is the very worst game forum I have ever seen.
    [edited by Protagonist - all posts must be in English only]

• Like Like x 3
  26. Callum B.

Something something chinese

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  27. BigMountain555

[removed by Protagonist - argumentative]

• Like Like x 1
  28. xD 2Bad4You

Alright dont worry, im out of here since you dont want a normal civil discussion about things and just accusing everyone thats voicing critic as whining.

• Like Like x 3
  29. Callum B.

• Like Like x 1
  30. BigMountain555

[removed by Protagonist - argumentative - and all posts must be in English only]

31. BigMountain555

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  32. xD 2Bad4You

33. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

Ok, do you guys really want Protagonist to lock this thread because of you guys being uncivil and childish between each other?

• Like Like x 2
  34. Callum B.

• Like Like x 1
  35. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

Something that I hope has now been fixed in TSW2 is the stats - so counting stuff like miles/kms driven, identifying how many services have been completed, etc. I am assuming that this has now been fixed and that trophies/achievements will now work.

I make this assumption on the basis that it was mentioned that they could not bring over the progress in TSW (I think they even said it was "dangerous" to do this....). I take this to mean that they know that the stats/progress in TSW is very very broken... and that they have now fxed it in TSW2.

• Like Like x 3
  36. Trooper117

Trooper117 Active Member

I've got to say, people stating that all is good and they like what DTG are doing with TSW2 is ok.
    I'll also say that people stating they are not happy with what is happening with TSW2 is ok as well.
    We are all different, we all have different likes and wants and that is all perfectly normal and we should be able to discuss the merits or demerits of TSW2 in a civil manner... after all, at the same time we are all fans of the genre, and that means we have things in common.
    We are not part of some 'Borg collective' and have to conform to the DTG 'Queen'...

• Like Like x 2
  37. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

[removed by Protagonist - unhelpful]

• Like Like x 2
  38. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

As much as it's a great use of my time to bring out the moderation flamethrower, I suspect you'd all sooner I get back to work on getting answers and actions to your questions. Keep the conversation civil please.

For reference:
    1. Everyone is allowed to hate what we're doing without reason or justification.
    2. Everyone is allowed to love what we're doing without reason or justification.

I'll support anyone who makes their point without getting into an argument with someone who takes an alternate view. Remember, you're on the internet. You will not convince anyone that their argument is wrong. Give up on that notion. State your case, debate the minutiae to your hearts' content and move on. Step away from the keyboard when you find yourself becoming infuriated.

• Like Like x 5
  39. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

I want to be excited .
    The problem here is we all know full well TSW2 wont offer some massive sweeping revamp, and its going to take another 12 + months to really say yep this is now on track to become an amazing sim or not. For me its not the price of TSW2 its frankly dirt cheap at least for me its the idea of buying into supporting TSW2 in the hope this time it delivers on what the team hoped to have achieved with TSW.

I really want to see a roadmap of planned features and releases , I am 100% ok if there release time slips ect that's normal and to expect any development to stay 100% on target for release schedules is just plain stupid. But I want to know exactly what features will be developed for TSW2 this time and not buy into pie in the sky wants and wishes.

• Like Like x 2
  40. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

You've hit the nail on the head with the pitfall we're setting for ourselves there (quality metaphor mangling going on here). While we're still working on the format the roadmap will take there is a fine line between forecasting from original planning
    "The next route will be released on Tuesday morning at 11:45 UTC"
    which has a very high probability of being inaccurate. Or being vague, and therefore never wrong
    "There will be another route released in the future"

The first is a setup for discontent. The second is woefully imprecise.

To my mind the important thing is to be clear about what is being worked on with the intention of a public release (we're always working on projects that have no public component - tools, prototypes etc), while giving an indication of the timeline intended. Providing this timeline is then kept up to date regularly, its purpose will be served.

I'm dragging this off topic - if you want to specifically discuss the Roadmap please start a fresh thread.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  41. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Well I suppose the best format would be simply a list about what you want to work on and in what order, with no dates.
    -Work on this route
    -Work on that route
    -Work in this feature
    -Work on loco for that route

After all, as it's been said, dates can change. But if there is a simple list of what's planned to come after what, then we know what to expect and can be excited about, without the development being rushed to meet an expected timeline. Rushed work is never good, so rather go with postponed release than a rushed release.

42. Sintbert

Sintbert Well-Known Member

Moved to new thread..

43. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

New thread created here

• Like Like x 1