PlayStation Gwe In Tsw2

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by stujoy, Jun 23, 2020.

Tags:
  1. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I have a question regarding the preserved content for consoles, namely the GWE route.

Firstly, if and when GWE is preserved for TSW2, will the console version be upgraded to the PC version?

I ask this because I watched Matt play the Drag Line scenario in a stream and as he was hauling the broken HST he was passed by a lot of AI traffic. Whenever I have played this scenario on PS4 I do not get passed by a single train. Not one! There are a few trains active while at Reading and a single 166 passes when waiting to reverse into the depot but on the drive down there are no AI trains on the line.

I’ve known that the timetable on PS4 is a reduced one but I had up to this point not known that the scenarios had massively reduced traffic in them. With the better performance expected in TSW2 will we get the full timetable and scenarios in their full form for console?

• Like Like x 1
  2. dave from Cornwall

dave from Cornwall Well-Known Member

As they are being preserved...I am assuming that there is a two letter short answer?

• Like Like x 3
  3. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Yep I noticed this as well that Acton looked as though it had a population on the PC. Although console version was near abouts on Lockdown mode. It was devoid of life. Also noticed were various wagons dotted around the railway sidings as well.

Although I did notice in the Westworld scenario on the PS4 Acton has a rake of DB hoppers and 66 in thwe yard and various DH hoppers around the sidings as well as a lass 66 parked up at one of the stations. If your not sure do the scenario and check your map before you start.

It seems a shame that there was no DLC released for GWE.
    As to whether Scenarios or updates to the route will be added for TSW 2 compatability, they havent said yet if the route wiull be available in TSW 2

Regards

Hentis

• Like Like x 2
  4. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I didn’t realise the PS4 version had been dumbed down with timetable services cut. Hopefully, this won’t be needed on TSW 2 with the new engine.

• Like Like x 2
  5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The thing is the full timetable is there but it’s not accessible unless you use a clever workaround (found elsewhere on this forum, but not sure if it still works) to bring it up. The extra things in it are lots of shorter drives in the 166 and some AI traffic on the branch lines. The HST trains are longer in the full version too. I think the opportunity is there to enable all that on console, as it does actually work on PS4 with only minimal performance drop.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

The way GWE is on PS4 I don't think it will make it to TSW 2. On Xbox and PC it will be cause GWE is a DLC for both, so it can be downloaded on it's own.

My feeling is that the RT and GWE routes will be lost for PS4 users in TSW 2. THis needs to be sorted in my opinion.

• Like Like x 2
  7. MegaSim

MegaSim Member

I tested the “cheat” to get the Acton and west Ealing trains and the longer 8 car HSTs
    (When I first did it, I got 7 car HSTs, but since then I’ve had 8 car) both on PS4 and Xbox

• Like Like x 5
  8. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Great stuff. I notice you had the problem of getting the game to recognise you’ve exited the train, which is the bug I chose to post when DTG Protagonist was asking for everyone to post their biggest issue with TSW. I hope TSW2 is better at that.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

NB: This trick doesn't just work with Journey/Mainline Driver/IW14..... it should work if you select any service under Journey (in GWE), then quit back to menu, and then immediately visit the Timetable services for the 43 or 166 (which both increase in number), but not the 66, sadly.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  10. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

How to get the extra services on the GWE route.

if you go to the journey section in GWE then go to gwe journeys, then Mainline driver and load the 1W14 service.
    As soon as it loads come out of the scenario and go to the timetable section.
    If you select a train it shows you the amount of available services at the top. If you do the steps above you will find it jumps dramatically.
    If you come out of the GWE menu, you will gave to do the steps again when you go back in next time

• Like Like x 2
  11. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

I think the "ALIGHT HERE" objective is shown on the map as being at the other end of the train, in the video at 30:09:

There isn't a distance given to it... so it is not clear that you have to walk through that location. I think the maker thought that the DMU would be the other way around, and that the exit would obviously be made through the passenger compartment. Magic, eh...? There is/was a similar bug on one of the LIRR scenarios.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

DTG can easily make GWE, NEC and RT available for TSW2. Your PSN profile keeps track of all games you've played on your profile - if the game can see you've played the original TSW they can just activate the routes in TSW2.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Wilfboy

Wilfboy Active Member

I still like playing GWE and driving the 43 and 166. The main thing I miss, and this must be such an easy fix, is the accelerometer is absent in these locos which is useful to tell if your speed is slowly creeping over the limit especially on the long gentle downhill sections.

Also in the Class 43, the throttle/brake position indicator does not show a yellow number to show what brake setting has been applied. It shows briefly on the right hand side for a few seconds then fades out. Again this must be a quick and easy fix.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 2